What country do your favorite musicians come from?

:yeah

I love my fair share of American musicians...

Jimi Hendrix

The Doors

CCR

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Tom Petty

Steve Miller Band

ZZ Top

The list goes on. I think JJ nailed it with GB having the best of the best, but as far as total artists, it's definitely debatable.

Total artists the Americans win in a runaway. After the ones listed so far, you quickly run out of Brits. And their post 70's contribution is just weak.

:yeah

I love my fair share of American musicians...

Jimi Hendrix

The Doors

CCR

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Tom Petty

Steve Miller Band

ZZ Top

The list goes on. I think JJ nailed it with GB having the best of the best, but as far as total artists, it's definitely debatable.

Total artists the Americans win in a runaway. After the ones listed so far, you quickly run out of Brits. And their post 70's contribution is just weak.

Where in the hell is the love for The Steve Miller Band??????

The US and England definitely have the most and biggest influence but Australia and Canada deserve honorable mention if for no other reason than AC/DC and Rush, never mind some of the other artists from those countries. Take those 4 countries out of the equation and you've got absolutely nothing.

Maybe because they are the only major countries that speak English and we don't listen to Farsi, Hindi and Swahili, for example.

The US and England definitely have the most and biggest influence but Australia and Canada deserve honorable mention if for no other reason than AC/DC and Rush, never mind some of the other artists from those countries. Take those 4 countries out of the equation and you've got absolutely nothing.

Maybe because they are the only major countries that speak English and we don't listen to Farsi, Hindi and Swahili, for example.

That's fairly obvious considering the thread title asks what country your favorite bands come from and the op headed the discussion in the direction of rock and roll. I'm not familiar with any farsi or hindi rock and roll and if I were, dollars for donuts the discussion would be in the exact same place with the US and GB as the only major players. I guess it would be different if this were a swahili message board discussing sitar music.

But take into account where the artists from the English speaking nations tour. Its pretty much everywhere, and the big acts fill arenas.

First off, I didn't forget any of the bands you mentioned. I just chose not to list them, except for Cream, I did in fact mention them in my post.

Secondly, there's no way in hell that the bands you listed can hold a candle to the bands of the British Invasion.

Seriously, just list off your Top 5 favorite American bands and I'll list off 5 British bands that are better. (Obviously music choice is an opinion, but I'm speaking more in terms of cultural significance, success, what they did for music, etc.)

One guy beats the entire British Invasion

The left handed genius, Jimi Hendrix... (my fault entirely for omitting him from my list, he should be at the top)

First off, I didn't forget any of the bands you mentioned. I just chose not to list them, except for Cream, I did in fact mention them in my post.

Secondly, there's no way in hell that the bands you listed can hold a candle to the bands of the British Invasion.

Seriously, just list off your Top 5 favorite American bands and I'll list off 5 British bands that are better. (Obviously music choice is an opinion, but I'm speaking more in terms of cultural significance, success, what they did for music, etc.)

The left handed genius, Jimi Hendrix... (my fault entirely for omitting him from my list, he should be at the top)

The funny thing about Hendrix is that he first made it in England. He never got a chance to show what he could do until a member of the Animals I believe heard him playing in some club in New York and talked him into going to London.

The funny thing about Hendrix is that he first made it in England. He never got a chance to show what he could do until a member of the Animals I believe heard him playing in some club in New York and talked him into going to London.

Nice call on that, and one of Jimi's favorite guitar players was Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top...

Yep. You can pretty much draw a line of how guitar was played with before/after Hendrix. There is a reason he is regarded as the greatest guitarist of all time.