OLB Richard Yeargin III

Player: Richard Yeargin III

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, FL

School: University School

Position: Outside Linebacker

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 216 lbs

40 time:

Offers: Arkansas, Boston College, Bowling Green, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Florida St, Kentucky, Louisville, Marshall, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Mississippi St, Nebraska, NC State, Norte Dame, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, South Florida, TCU, Tennessee, UCF, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Twitter

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

Highlights (not available at this time)

• 1 month later...

I think NU will only take one LB in this class, and I hope Yeargin is that guy. Great news that we are in his top 15. I would also like Jamarde Cobb, but he is primarily being recruited for RB (with an option to move to LB). Second on my list would be Jimmie Swain.

What makes you think we only take one LB this class, just wondering.

We graduated 7 (2 + 5) and pick up 8 (5 + 3) over the last two year. Only Anderson and Stakebaum will run out of eligibility this year. So, if my math is right, we only need one to break even. We could maybe add two LBs this year (if we get the right two), but I think there are other positions of need that should be focused on in this smaller class.

I think NU will only take one LB in this class, and I hope Yeargin is that guy. Great news that we are in his top 15. I would also like Jamarde Cobb, but he is primarily being recruited for RB (with an option to move to LB). Second on my list would be Jimmie Swain.

We graduated 7 (2 + 5) and pick up 8 (5 + 3) over the last two year. Only Anderson and Stakebaum will run out of eligibility this year. So, if my math is right, we only need one to break even. We could maybe add two LBs this year (if we get the right two), but I think there are other positions of need that should be focused on in this smaller class.

To me you need to keep a balanced class/position. If in a few years we graduate 4/5 LBs that's when we get in situations like last year with our DT depth. I'd like to see us level out and take balanced classes instead of 1 this year then 5 next year and so on. I know injuries and defects and underperformance greatly dictate need. As well as the possibility of walk on emergence, it's tough to stay balanced, I just wish we could avoid the peak/valley method it seems like we have at at least one position every year.

To me you need to keep a balanced class/position. If in a few years we graduate 4/5 LBs that's when we get in situations like last year with our DT depth. I'd like to see us level out and take balanced classes instead of 1 this year then 5 next year and so on. I know injuries and defects and underperformance greatly dictate need. As well as the possibility of walk on emergence, it's tough to stay balanced, I just wish we could avoid the peak/valley method it seems like we have at at least one position every year.

Good point. In fact, LB is a position where we get small/large cycles. In the next four years, we graduate 2, 1, 4, and 5. So, if that is what you are worried about, maybe 2-3 should be recruited this year. To my point, we only graduate 3 in the next two years, so picking up 1 (maybe 2) this year and 3 next year would keep our numbers good.

Good point. In fact, LB is a position were we get small/large cycles. In the next four years, we graduate 2, 1, 4, and 5. So, if that is what you are worked about, maybe 2-3 should be recruited this year. To my point, we only graduate 3 in the next two years, so picking up 1 (maybe 2) this year and 3 next year would keep our numbers good.

But you would still have depth issues on year 3 and 4, right. Because 1-4 as backups to the 9 that would graduate over 3-4. That would make us have to bulk up again and I think that is what Jarvis is driving at. Keep it a steady influx of LB's and reduce risking depth issues.