SIGNED OT Nick Gates

Here's what I'm hearing.

People who are "plugged in" on both sides are pretty confident he signs with them. At this point, it's pretty well a huge tossup where he goes.

Why he likes A&M:

Feels much more comfortable with coaches and players

Why he likes Nebraska:

Lack of depth and a bigger chance of playing early

Perhaps something has changed but that contradicts what was said a week ago.

"He recently told Scout.com that while he has no leader, he's most comfortable with Nebraska."

A&M will put a Top 5 Tackle in the draft for a 2nd year in a row, and next year will probably have the 3rd. Our O-Line has been one of the best in the country for the past several years and we are deeper there than any other position. Maybe "lack of depth" was a bad phrase. Perhaps, I should have mentioned that he will LIKELY have the opportunity to play sooner at Nebraska.

And most recruiters worth their salt work their tails off. It's what makes them good, and Sumlin and Anderson are great as well. I'm simply saying most people have this as a toss-up.

Here's what I'm hearing.

People who are "plugged in" on both sides are pretty confident he signs with them. At this point, it's pretty well a huge tossup where he goes.

Why he likes A&M:

Feels much more comfortable with coaches and players

Why he likes Nebraska:

Lack of depth and a bigger chance of playing early

"He recently told Scout.com that while he has no leader, he's most comfortable with Nebraska."

Something doesn't add up

• Fire 1

Here's what I'm hearing. People who are "plugged in" on both sides are pretty confident he signs with them. At this point, it's pretty well a huge tossup where he goes. Why he likes A&M: Feels much more comfortable with coaches and players Why he likes Nebraska: Lack of depth and a bigger chance of playing early
Something doesn't add up

High school kid who is unsure? Gave one service one answer and maybe changed his answer a little for another?

A&M will put a Top 5 Tackle in the draft for a 2nd year in a row, and next year will probably have the 3rd. Our O-Line has been one of the best in the country for the past several years and we are deeper there than any other position. Maybe "lack of depth" was a bad phrase. Perhaps, I should have mentioned that he will LIKELY have the opportunity to play sooner at Nebraska.

And most recruiters worth their salt work their tails off. It's what makes them good, and Sumlin and Anderson are great as well. I'm simply saying most people have this as a toss-up.

Well...Call back when you have a trophy named after one of your lineman..

• Fire 3

h2gw.gif

I didn't realize having a trophy named after someone who played 30 YEARS AGO was that much of a recruiting tool for current O-Linemen. I am simply saying that right now, A&M is putting lots of offensive linemen into the league and that we are very deep right now.

• Fire 5
Here's what I'm hearing. People who are "plugged in" on both sides are pretty confident he signs with them. At this point, it's pretty well a huge tossup where he goes. Why he likes A&M: Feels much more comfortable with coaches and players Why he likes Nebraska: Lack of depth and a bigger chance of playing early
Something doesn't add up

High school kid who is unsure? Gave one service one answer and maybe changed his answer a little for another?

Can't say for sure either but I'm not sure "much more comfortable" would be correct either. I believe Cotton has been a family friend for some time. Doesn't necessarily mean anything but I'd be curious how the quote actually read.