SIGNED OT Nick Gates

giphy.gif

600px-TapsM60-6.jpg

Our o-line, IT'S BEAUTIFUL MAN!

I literally just watched the movie you image is from for the first time after clicking your link you got it from. It was a pretty good one.

On topic, GBR and stuff! Can a brother get a top flight corner to go with all the beast of an oline we're gonna have coming in?

Not to be that guy, but a couple of years ago we had a pretty hot OL class going everyone was amped about. It was hyped up to be the rebuilding of the OL as well...

Let's look at what it's done since...

Moore-- Waaahhhh wahhhh... gone.

Klatchko-- ... gone

Price-- Biggest (only) play so far was a FG false start. Almost cost us a W.

Reeves-- still waiting for the breakout.

Sterup-- Hopefully panning out. Played well last season.

Great to have the class we do. But give it some time...

Edited by Mavric
Removed the speculation as to the reason for Klatchko's transfer.
  • Fire 2

Not to be that guy, but a couple of years ago we had a pretty hot OL class going everyone was amped about. It was hyped up to be the rebuilding of the OL as well...

Klatchko-- ... gone

Well Good Fricken Mourning To You!!!

Klatchko-- ... gone

Well Good Fricken Mourning To You!!!

Yeah, he's "that guy".

Klatchko-- ... gone

Reeves played a lot last year and well in spurts, I think he shows up full time this year. Sterup was seriously on the come last year. I also think Price will be a decent player, not sure about a starter, but a solid back up. If we get contributors of 3 out of 5 then I could accept that based on the historical success rates of recruits.

Klatchko-- ... gone

Reeves played a lot last year and well in spurts, I think he shows up full time this year. Sterup was seriously on the come last year. I also think Price will be a decent player, not sure about a starter, but a solid back up. If we get contributors of 3 out of 5 then I could accept that based on the historical success rates of recruits.

Not sure Reeves will be full time with Cotton and Moudy ahead of him but I would think he'd be in a good rotation. Sterup should start.

dudeguyy's post is true of course but those guys not working out really didn't have a lot to do with their talent so it's unlikely that we'll be hit that hard by transfers all at one position again.

andy-fingers-crossed-o.gif

Klatchko-- ... gone

Not sure Reeves will be full time with Cotton and Moudy ahead of him but I would think he'd be in a good rotation. Sterup should start.

dudeguyy's post is true of course but those guys not working out really didn't have a lot to do with their talent so it's unlikely that we'll be hit that hard by transfers all at one position again.

andy-fingers-crossed-o.gif

Forgot both of them were coming back, but Moudy was up and down last year. I think Reeves gets a ton of PT as the coaches seemed to really like to rotate players a lot last year, even when they were fairly healthy.

Forgot both of them were coming back, but Moudy was up and down last year. I think Reeves gets a ton of PT as the coaches seemed to really like to rotate players a lot last year, even when they were fairly healthy.

Agree. I think we'll see a steady rotation like we had to start 2013. Moudy, Cotton and Reeves (maybe some Price) at Guard. Pelini with Kondolo some at Center. Will be a little interesting at Tackle. Sterup and Finnin probably have the inside track at Tackle but hopefully Knevel works in there too.

Its a bit of an enigma what Reeves hasn't locked down a starting spot yet. I know coming in a lot of people seemed really sold on slotting him in at C right after Caputo was done (remember that guy? :D), but it just hasn't happened full time. But then again, outside of Long, full time starters have been quite rare on our OL the last few years. Our coaches love a good rotation, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I will agree Reeves has been solid as a rotational guy. Mav: My overall point wasn't that the rash of transfers was unlikely. Obviously Moore and Klatch had problems that were not in our coaches control. It was more that recruiting overall is a crapshoot, especially at hard to project positions like the lines.

I think it is eerie though how similar this class is to that years class is to that years... two in state guys (one interior and one tackle) and two extremely highly touted guys from out of state.

Hoping for better retention rates this time around. Like I said... crapshoot.