Abdullah 2013 Rushing Estimate

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here we go again with the comprehension issue. I said stats can be manipulated to fit a persons opinion. Not rushing YPG.....in other words I was simply showing you how I had a different perception based on the list I had viewed. They had teams in order of the TOTAL rushing yards allowed by the defense, thus, for example, Wisconsin was ranked #30. But if you go by the YPG in which you pointed out, it had Wisconsin at #13 I believe. Damn bro, read my post and understand it before you get to mouthing off. I was agreeing with your post once I looked at the list......And no where did I belittle you post, don't be so emotional.

-Now here's where your credibility in your argument falls off.....Ameer Abdullah NEVER ran a 4.3 or close to it. You show me where it's recorded that he runs a 4.3. There was a journalist (Eric Olson I believe) who stated the same thing and was called on it. One of the reasons he wasn't offered at Bama was his speed. Why would they offer a kid who runs a 4.43 (Demetrius Hart) over a kid who runs a 4.3? And Rex Burkhead came out high running 4.46 official. Ameer Abdullah 4.51 official. So with his weight gain how would he be a low 4.4. And how do you know what AA's top end speed is, let alone if it's faster than Rex's. Both have been run down by LBs/DBs. I see the point you are trying to make but your statement is false.

-And it seems as though you either really have a problem understanding my references or you purposely act like you don't understand them because they go against your claims.....I mentioned previous backs, mainly 3 of our best backs in history were the only ones to eclipse 1500 yards in a season to point out that it is not an easy task, also to point out that just because a RB doesn't get to 1500 yards, doesn't mean he didn't have a good season. No one is claiming Roy Helu's Sr. season a dud....he ran for 1200+ yards. What about Rex's Jr. season where as he was the workhorse. He finished that season with 1400 yards. I mean damn man, do you just love to argue or just need attention.

We practically said the same thing, just had different reasons for why we came to the conclusion. I'm kind of lost on why you are still trying to debate with me. You don't agree with my reasoning, fine......but you're not even arguing my reasoning....you're arguing a totally different subject.

Sigh, again, you ask for proof of my statements, but you don't show anything from your end.

SCOUT

Abdullah, who runs a 4.38-second 40-yard dash, was all business during summer workouts and went into preseason practice willing to do anything to get on the field. He won the battle for the kick return job four days before the opener against Chattanooga and is listed as a co-No. 2 I-back behind Rex Burkhead.

Right now via NFL Draft Scout

40 Low: 4.40 40 Time: 4.4940 High:4.59

Again, I have proof to back up my statements.

Me loving to argue? I am just pointing out that you obviously don't have your facts right, when you sit here and tell me I don't know the the f#*k I am talking about? Your not belittling? What the f#*k do you call this?

"-Now here's where your credibility in your argument falls off...."

"I see the point you are trying to make but your statement is false."

"I mean damn man, do you just love to argue or just need attention."

You sit here and tell me I am wrong, my creditibility falls, I love to argue, but your the one saying this BS, and yet you show no proof of your statements.

OH... and the reason Rex never broke 1500 was because he has NO TOP END SPEED! Would you like to debate that too, or you have proof you can't show to call me a liar and tell me I don't know what I am talking about?

Here we go again with the comprehension issue. I said stats can be manipulated to fit a persons opinion. Not rushing YPG.....in other words I was simply showing you how I had a different perception based on the list I had viewed. They had teams in order of the TOTAL rushing yards allowed by the defense, thus, for example, Wisconsin was ranked #30. But if you go by the YPG in which you pointed out, it had Wisconsin at #13 I believe. Damn bro, read my post and understand it before you get to mouthing off. I was agreeing with your post once I looked at the list......And no where did I belittle you post, don't be so emotional.

-Now here's where your credibility in your argument falls off.....Ameer Abdullah NEVER ran a 4.3 or close to it. You show me where it's recorded that he runs a 4.3. There was a journalist (Eric Olson I believe) who stated the same thing and was called on it. One of the reasons he wasn't offered at Bama was his speed. Why would they offer a kid who runs a 4.43 (Demetrius Hart) over a kid who runs a 4.3? And Rex Burkhead came out high running 4.46 official. Ameer Abdullah 4.51 official. So with his weight gain how would he be a low 4.4. And how do you know what AA's top end speed is, let alone if it's faster than Rex's. Both have been run down by LBs/DBs. I see the point you are trying to make but your statement is false.

-And it seems as though you either really have a problem understanding my references or you purposely act like you don't understand them because they go against your claims.....I mentioned previous backs, mainly 3 of our best backs in history were the only ones to eclipse 1500 yards in a season to point out that it is not an easy task, also to point out that just because a RB doesn't get to 1500 yards, doesn't mean he didn't have a good season. No one is claiming Roy Helu's Sr. season a dud....he ran for 1200+ yards. What about Rex's Jr. season where as he was the workhorse. He finished that season with 1400 yards. I mean damn man, do you just love to argue or just need attention.

We practically said the same thing, just had different reasons for why we came to the conclusion. I'm kind of lost on why you are still trying to debate with me. You don't agree with my reasoning, fine......but you're not even arguing my reasoning....you're arguing a totally different subject.

Sigh, again, you ask for proof of my statements, but you don't show anything from your end.

SCOUT

Abdullah, who runs a 4.38-second 40-yard dash, was all business during summer workouts and went into preseason practice willing to do anything to get on the field. He won the battle for the kick return job four days before the opener against Chattanooga and is listed as a co-No. 2 I-back behind Rex Burkhead.

Right now via NFL Draft Scout

40 Low: 4.40 40 Time: 4.4940 High:4.59

Again, I have proof to back up my statements.

Me loving to argue? I am just pointing out that you obviously don't have your facts right, when you sit here and tell me I don't know the the f#*k I am talking about? Your not belittling? What the f#*k do you call this?

"-Now here's where your credibility in your argument falls off...."

"I see the point you are trying to make but your statement is false."

"I mean damn man, do you just love to argue or just need attention."

You sit here and tell me I am wrong, my creditibility falls, I love to argue, but your the one saying this BS, and yet you show no proof of your statements.

OH... and the reason Rex never broke 1500 was because he has NO TOP END SPEED! Would you like to debate that too, or you have proof you can't show to call me a liar and tell me I don't know what I am talking about?

You stated that he runs a 4.3 yet you show a link that says he runs a 4.4 low 4.49 high....?????......ok. And you used Scout..........247sports & Rivals both have him running a 4.51. What do you mean there's no proof. Just like you googled everything else I just figured you would google them also, but obviously it went against your 4.3 claim so it's my responsibility to post the link. I'm guess the people at scout ran a separate workout for him than others since they have him faster. But that still doesn't help your original statement.

The three quotes of my you used is belittling....nevermind that they were for my most recent response to you, which was after you said I was belittling you. Maybe I'll read up at my posts to see exact what you are talking about........as far as I know, belittling is to put down or make another person feel like they aren't important. I don't think I ever made the attempt of doing that to you, yet you are taking it that way thus that is not my fault for you being so emotional. Especially when you feel like statements like "I see the point you are trying to make but your statement is false" is belittling......I don't know what to tell you. Oh, well.

And yes, I say you love to argue as we have both came to the same conclusion/assessment/whatever of how Ameer's production will most likely end. You think it's for one reason, I think it's due to another, but it's still the same conclusion, yet you are still rambling at me about stuff that has nothing to do with Ameer's production this year. I think you are getting too emotional. Especially when you feel the need to type out curse words (with inserted symbols) to specifically show passion in what you are saying as if I said this. ......example I said: "here's where you credibility falls off"...meaning a flaw in your statement. You took it as: "you don't know what the f#%k you're talking about"..........:lol: I never made that assessment, because I don't believe that. I feel you are pretty knowledgeable, I just don't agree with certain things you said.

The reason Rex didn't get 1500 is because he has no top end speed?......okay. I never claimed Rex had wheels. I said Ameer wasn't much faster than Rex, which is what sparked you to claim Ameer ran a 4.3 out of high school.......And since we are on subject.....if top end speed is the reason Rex didn't run for 1500 yards, what was the reason Roy didn't get there? He's just as fast as our QB. (RH jr. 4.42, TM 4.47)

P.S. Just because I don't agree with a statement of yours doesn't mean I'm belittling you. You should always feel special regardless of a disagreement on a football message board.

You stated that he runs a 4.3 yet #1 you show a link that says he runs a 4.4 low 4.49 high#2....?????......ok. And you used Scout..........247sports & Rivals both have him running a 4.51. What do you mean there's no proof. Just like you googled everything else I just figured you would google them also, but obviously it went against your 4.3 claim so it's my responsibility to post the link. I'm guess the people at scout ran a separate workout for him than others since they have him faster. But that still doesn't help your original statement.

The reason Rex didn't get 1500 is because he has no top end speed?......okay. I never claimed Rex had wheels. I said Ameer wasn't much faster than Rex, which is what sparked you to claim Ameer ran a 4.3 out of high school.......And since we are on subject.....if top end speed is the reason Rex didn't run for 1500 yards, what was the reason Roy didn't get there? He's just as fast as our QB. (RH jr. 4.42, TM 4.47)#3

P.S. Just because I don't agree with a statement of yours doesn't mean I'm belittling you. You should always feel special regardless of a disagreement on a football message board.

#1- Do you read what you want to read, and not comprehend what is actually being said? I said that he ran a 3.8 OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL and now runs a 4.4X due to the weight he has gained. USAToday, Seattle Times and a couple other websites also concur the 4.38. 247/Rivals says a 4.51, 2011-... which was not out of high school and this isn't stated ANYWHERE else besides there. Maybe they ran their own workout for him, since they have him slower. But that still doesn't help your statement.

#2- I stated that he runs a 4.4X NOW, that is why I posted TWO links, to prove BOTH of my statements.

#3- 188 carries, THAT is why he didn't get 1500. Had he have gotten the ball at least 240 times like Burkhead his Junior year, he would have shattered 1500. He averaged 6.8 yards/carry. Rozier averaged 7 when he hit his all time high, 1689 his Junior year, off of 242 attempts.

AA at around 1000, Martinez around 1000, Cross around 500 and the other backs combined around 1000 would be ideal.

That's a damn good offense. Especially when you add in the production of the strongest group on the team, the WRs.

We had 3500 yards rushing last year.

Oh yeah, also about your "Abdullah didn't get offered by Alabama because of his speed". I am not sure if that is 100%, but according to scout, they did offer him.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4977342---Bottom of page for offer list.

http://georgia.scout.com/2/1252440.html

Auburn and Alabama didn’t offer him until late in the recruiting process.

#1- Do you read what you want to read, and not comprehend what is actually being said? I said that he ran a 3.8 OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL and now runs a 4.4X due to the weight he has gained. USAToday, Seattle Times and a couple other websites also concur the 4.38. 247/Rivals says a 4.51, 2011-... which was not out of high school and this isn't stated ANYWHERE else besides there. Maybe they ran their own workout for him, since they have him slower. But that still doesn't help your statement.

#2- I stated that he runs a 4.4X NOW, that is why I posted TWO links, to prove BOTH of my statements.

#3- 188 carries, THAT is why he didn't get 1500. Had he have gotten the ball at least 240 times like Burkhead his Junior year, he would have shattered 1500. He averaged 6.8 yards/carry. Rozier averaged 7 when he hit his all time high, 1689 his Junior year, off of 242 attempts.

AA at around 1000, Martinez around 1000, Cross around 500 and the other backs combined around 1000 would be ideal.

That's a damn good offense. Especially when you add in the production of the strongest group on the team, the WRs.

Oh yeah, also about your "Abdullah didn't get offered by Alabama because of his speed". I am not sure if that is 100%, but according to scout, they did offer him.

http://recruiting.sc...c=1&nid=4977342---Bottom of page for offer list.

http://georgia.scout.../2/1252440.html

Auburn and Alabama didn’t offer him until late in the recruiting process.

Wow.....what is wrong with you?

#1......in post #40 did you or did you not state he ran a 4.3 out of high school?....You did and that is FALSE. (I don't know what you mean by a 3.8, I hope you aren't referring to his 40 yd dash). And Seattle Times.....that's the article you are going by......check to see who the journalist who wrote the article then go back and read post #43....I already address that. Eric Olson. I wish I can find the tweets that called him on the mistake he stated in that article, but it really isn't worth searching for as you do pay attention anyway because they go against what you are claiming. You sound like you depend on Scout to give you the most accurate info about a prospect. Which is fine. I try to follow them, 247, & rivals as well as well as a couple other sources. I'm at work and for some reason the Scout sites are blocked so I would have to wait til I get to my office at home to see just where it states that AA was offered by Bama. As a matter of fact, I'll see if I can find his interview where he talked about his recruitment by the two home schools. He stated that neither looked at him as a RB prospect because of his size/speed. They wanted him on the defensive side of the ball. Auburn actually gave him an offer. He was reluctant to accept because he wanted to see what programs would give him a chance at the RB position. That's when the staff made his move and got the commitment by offering him the best chance to succeed. Bama wasn't in the running for his commitment because he didn't want to play on the other side of the ball (which explains why B.Heard was first approached about playing DB after seeing how none of the triplets got many reps as freshmen)

Edit: Here's an article that touches briefly on the Bama/Auburn recruiting: Towards the middle of the article this passage you'll find this.......

Alabama viewed Abdullah as a cornerback prospect. There was at least clarity in that. Auburn, with an offense then under Gus Malzahn's direction, discussed running back with him at first. But within weeks of an offer, Auburn assistant Trooper Taylor passed through Homewood. He asked Abdullah what he thought about playing defensive back. Abdullah's heart sank. "I was like, man, why can't they see past the size, give me a chance?" Abdullah said.

Pelini was the lone head coach to sit on the Abdullahs' couch. He told Abdullah that he guaranteed nothing, except that he'd put Abdullah in the best possible position to be the best player he could be. That sealed it: Abdullah would be a Cornhusker.

But I don't see anywhere that states Bama extended an offer to AA. As a matter of fact I remember on the radio (1620 the zone) fans asking why was it that Ameer wasn't offered at RB.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/brian_hamilton/11/16/ameer-abdullah-nebraska/index.html#ixzz2UFZeT5hK

#2......4.4 and a 4.49 is a bit of a different view when looking at RBs, but I get it.....:lol:

#3......And the credibility falls off again. (oops sorry to belittle you). Rex got 98 carries this season. Had he had 188 carries at 6.8 ypc that's somewhere around 1300 yards on the season. Just sayin'. Now let's look at who those carries came against.

-3 for 68 yards vs So Miss

-8 for 119 yards vs Idaho St

-18 for 86 yards vs Wisconsin

-14 for 119 yards vs Ohio St.

-4 for 18 yards vs Northwestern

-16 for 69 yards vs Iowa

-11 for 61 yards vs Wisconsin (CCG)

-24 for 140 yards vs Georgia (Bowl)

Now based on your ability to point out the strongest rush defenses we faced this season......It shows he didn't play at all against two of the teams (MSU/PSU). He left after 4 carries vs one of them (NwU). And ran 29 times for 155 yards (5.3 ypc). Please stop suggesting that he would have stayed somewhere around 6.8. Especially sense he only averaged 4.3 vs Iowa where 2/3s of our plays were given to the backs.

Anything else you care to bring up......I'm still trying to figure out why it is we are still debating.....:lol: but I'll play along for the time being....

Help me out here......did you want me to rebuttal this or.........what? Not sure what the point of pointing this out was......just in case......here........"no we only ran for 3300";)

#1......in post #40 did you or did you not state he ran a 4.3 out of high school?....You did and that is FALSE. (I don't know what you mean by a 3.8, I hope you aren't referring to his 40 yd dash)

#2......4.4 and a 4.49 is a bit of a different view when looking at RBs, but I get it..... :lol:

#3......And the credibility falls off again. (oops sorry to belittle you). Rex got 98 carries this season. Had he had 188 carries at 6.8 ypc that's somewhere around 1300 yards on the season. Just sayin'. Now let's look at who those carries came against.

I said that Alabama offered Abdullah, according to Scout. That is all. Whether it was for RB or CB, he was offered, again according to Scout.

I said he ran a 4.38 out of high school, and you asked for proof, I gave it to you. My info is wrong, but yours is right? I don't get how you think that. You know ESPN has him running a 4.6 right? Maybe they are right!

You stated that he currently runs a 4.5X, and I said he ran a 4.4X. You asked for proof, I gave you the NFL Scout website showing his most recent recorded 40. YOU can't show anything, but again, I am wrong according to you.

You really don't need to be so rude when you reply. Its a conversation, and there is no need for your attitude. I disagree with your evaluations, I prove why I disagree, and you sit here and tell me I am full of sh#t. I don't even care to talk about what Abdullah ran. Its a waste of my energy. This will be my last post about that.

Now...

To your #3, I lose credibility because you can't read? Here I will post so you can read it again and realize what was being said. YOU sir asked why Helu didn't break 1500 and I gave you my reasoning...

And since we are on subject.....if top end speed is the reason Rex didn't run for 1500 yards, what was the reason Roy didn't get there? He's just as fast as our QB. (RH jr. 4.42, TM 4.47)#3

I voted no. There is no way he is big enough to carry the ball that many times. He started last year due to Burkhead being out, but I don't think he was our best backup. Our best backup just left for another team.....again.

Then why didnt Heard come in when Rex got hurt?

The doghouse theory has been debunked on numerous occasions.

• Fire 1

I don't think he's built for 300+ carries in a season.

thats my sentiments. But if he can raise his ypc by 1 yd and get 220-250carries.

He got 226 carries last year, which I thought was too many. At times he just looked worn down. If anything, we should be trying to rotate more at running back. It would only benefit him, and the team as a whole.

I voted no. There is no way he is big enough to carry the ball that many times. He started last year due to Burkhead being out, but I don't think he was our best backup. Our best backup just left for another team.....again.

Then why didnt Heard come in when Rex got hurt?

The doghouse theory has been debunked on numerous occasions.

+1.

The notion that Heard was our best back up is a laughable farce, especially since most people on here only have theories and speculation as to why he changed positions so often.

I'm inclined to trust the coaches on matters of who's best and who should be playing. Heard switched positions numerous times and couldn't crack the starting lineup. If he was the best option for us at running back he would have been playing. End of discussion.

#1......in post #40 did you or did you not state he ran a 4.3 out of high school?....You did and that is FALSE. (I don't know what you mean by a 3.8, I hope you aren't referring to his 40 yd dash)

#2......4.4 and a 4.49 is a bit of a different view when looking at RBs, but I get it..... :lol:

I said that Alabama offered Abdullah, according to Scout. That is all. Whether it was for RB or CB, he was offered, again according to Scout.

I said he ran a 4.38 out of high school, and you asked for proof, I gave it to you. My info is wrong, but yours is right? I don't get how you think that. You know ESPN has him running a 4.6 right? Maybe they are right!

You stated that he currently runs a 4.5X, and I said he ran a 4.4X. You asked for proof, I gave you the NFL Scout website showing his most recent recorded 40. YOU can't show anything, but again, I am wrong according to you.

You really don't need to be so rude when you reply. Its a conversation, and there is no need for your attitude. I disagree with your evaluations, I prove why I disagree, and you sit here and tell me I am full of sh#t. I don't even care to talk about what Abdullah ran. Its a waste of my energy. This will be my last post about that.

Now...

To your #3, I lose credibility because you can't read? Here I will post so you can read it again and realize what was being said. YOU sir asked why Helu didn't break 1500 and I gave you my reasoning...

And since we are on subject.....if top end speed is the reason Rex didn't run for 1500 yards, what was the reason Roy didn't get there? He's just as fast as our QB. (RH jr. 4.42, TM 4.47)#3

I don't understand why you are trying so hard.

-According to SCOUT, they say Alabama and Auburn offered Ameer late in the process. Do you know exactly when? Here's a fun fact.......AA was the #10 prospect out of Alabama in the 2011 class. As of Jan 20, 2011 (the date he commited to NU) he hadn't received an offer from neither Bama or Auburn......funny thing is, less than a week after his commit, and offer from Auburn comes in. He was gave the Husker nation a brief scare after announcing that he will be visiting Auburn that weekend. The visit was cancelled an he upheld his commitment to NU. All of this was announce on the 26th of January.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/In-state-athlete-to-visit-Auburn-12656

Up to that day there was still no offer from Bama......so when did SCOUT get the inside info on an offer to AA. He signed his L.O.I. along with the rest of the class less than 2 weeks later. And why is it that Rivals/247sports doesn't have him even having an interest in Bama during the time of his commitment. Remember he cancelled a visit to USC day or two before committing to us.

According to this Bama didn't offer Ameer nor had him as a target, or him even interested in becoming a member of the tide:

http://alabama.247sports.com/Season/2011-Football/Offers

-I asked you where does it states he ran anywhere near a 4.3 out of high school. You posted a link that I already mentioned as the link of an article that I had already mention that was called out for having flaws in the facts given, one of them being his 40 time......you don't see any recruiting service or any other article stating he ran a 4.3 coming out of high school but there's a few links that show him running a 4.51 but that means nothing because SCOUT obviously has it correct because it matches your view.

-and yes I stated he runs a 4.5......this link that YOU provide as of May 2013 shows he runs a 4.49....... But you got caught up in the "low" 4.40 and ignored the "high" 4.59.

-and I've said nothing rude to you homie.....stop the emotion stuff. If you really think I'm being rude. Ignore me. Don't respond to me. It's not like I'm going to cyber stalk you and force you to reply to anything I say.... You are choosing to respond. You are determined to keep pushing you view. I mentioned a couple times that I don't understand why we are debating because we both gave the same prediction as far as result for AA's season, yet you continue to ramble and bring in other claims that are totally off base. I, lately just so happen to be so board in my office that I was willing to give you the attention and respond to it, because not much is going on in the recruiting word at the moment for NU.

-and you're credibility fell off because what you were stating was wrong, not because I "can't read" (how rude.....:lol:) Your reason behind Helu not reaching 1500 yards could be said about any back in our history. Of course if they get more carries, they will most likely get more yards. Braylon Heard last season carried the ball 52 times for 348 yards. That's 6.7 ypc.....if he had gotten (a lot) more carries he could have gotten 1500 yards. But he was our 1st option behind Burkhead. Helu had more carries than any other back 3 out of the 4 seasons he played for NU (tied with Sr. RB Marlon Lucky with 125 carries in 2008). It's safe to say he was a 1st option, meaning he had less of a reason that Heard, not to get more carries. Your logic was an epic fail......if you think me pointing that out is rude....then so be it.