Abdullah 2013 Rushing Estimate

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Abdullah worked a lot better when he was playing off of Burkhead last year. He won't have that this year, but the guys behind him will definitely make his life easier. Don't think he gets enough carries for 1500, but unless he gets injured he will definitely hit 1000.

When was the last time someone from Nebraska went over 1500 yards rushing?

I don't see him getting many more yards than last year. Not enough opportunities.

Last year he really had the backfield to himself a lot. With Rex hurt most of the year, Heard banged up (by many accounts) and Cross being young and having a smaller skill set, AA got a lot of work.

Cross will probably get some more reps this year and if he doesn't, it'll likely be because at least one true freshman is too good to keep off the field. Our passing game will continue to improve and Martinez will run a little more with more experience backing him up.

No. Not because he isn't one Bad Mutha either, because he is a badass dude with the rock in his hands. I voted no because with this WR group, and all of Taylor's work in the passing game, I imagine the focus this year will be on establishing and utilizing those tools.

Plus, if this coaching staff has a f'ing clue (sometimes I wonder), they will get some reserve RB's plenty of carries. We need more depth, and more experience at the position. I know the coaches know their stuff, but getting players in game reps and having a healthy rotation at each position has been a huge failure of this staff in my opinion.

I aint gonna lie. I dont see Abdullah getting a 1000 yards rushing this year. Call me crazy. Here's why.

5th year senior qb. 4th as a starter. 3rd years in same system with same coordinator. Playing with a group of 3 WR's with which this will be the 3rd year playing with 2 and the 4th playing with the other. Talented young backs and I truly believe Cross is going to be our thumper type back. Seriously, there just isnt enough room within the production table for a running back to be dominant enough to gain 1000 yards rushing alone. Also, defense. I think we're gonna find ourselves in some shootouts this year with Taylor having to sling it all over the yard. I think he's capable as well. Like was said before, this season is about #3

I aint gonna lie. I dont see Abdullah getting a 1000 yards rushing this year. Call me crazy. Here's why.

5th year senior qb. 4th as a starter. 3rd years in same system with same coordinator. Playing with a group of 3 WR's with which this will be the 3rd year playing with 2 and the 4th playing with the other. Talented young backs and I truly believe Cross is going to be our thumper type back. Seriously, there just isnt enough room within the production table for a running back to be dominant enough to gain 1000 yards rushing alone. Also, defense. I think we're gonna find ourselves in some shootouts this year with Taylor having to sling it all over the yard. I think he's capable as well. Like was said before, this season is about #3

Look here Mr., that's just crazy talk!

You could be right. But it is how I see it. Last year, it was Martinez and Abdullah. This year, there's so much more that he's gonna have to split production with. Not that we dont want to ride him, but we just wont have to. Or should I say, "shouldn't have to".

You could be right. But it is how I see it. Last year, it was Martinez and Abdullah. This year, there's so much more that he's gonna have to split production with. Not that we dont want to ride him, but we just wont have to. Or should I say, "shouldn't have to".

A couple 175+ yd rushing days against a few of the crappier teams and he would have to get injured to not get the 1k. I hope you're wrong but wouldn't be shocked if you're right. Especially if one of the younger studs emerge.

A couple 175+ yd rushing days against a few of the crappier teams and he would have to get injured to not get the 1k. I hope you're wrong but wouldn't be shocked if you're right. Especially if one of the younger studs emerge.

I could very well see him getting 1000. Our first 7 games, 5 being home, are all against weaker rush Defenses, with maybe the expection of UCLA. He will at least have 700 yards going into the Northwestern game. All he would have to do is average 50 ypg after that for the remaining 6 games (counting bowl game, because there is no way we won't make one) to hit 1000.

Abdullah worked a lot better when he was playing off of Burkhead last year. He won't have that this year, but the guys behind him will definitely make his life easier. Don't think he gets enough carries for 1500, but unless he gets injured he will definitely hit 1000.

When was the last time someone from Nebraska went over 1500 yards rushing?

1997 Ahman Green. An amazing stat that I didn't realize til someone pointed it out to me, in NU's history only 4 guys have run for more than 1500 yards in a season: Mike Rozier 2,148 yards in '83/Ahman Green 1,877 yards in '97/Lawrence Phillips 1,722 yards in '94/Mike Rozier 1,689 yards in '82. Ken Clark was 3 yards from eclipsing 1500 back in '88. But it's not the norm for NU with the way we utilize our depth at the position.

Ameer is a good back but no the caliber back those 3 guys are so I don't see him doing that even if we had no quality depth behind him. Truthfully you don't have to have 1500 yards to have a successful year. Every year around 10 backs in college football run for 1500 yards. Half of them are usually from non AQ conferences where they don't face the caliber of athletes consistently in conference that they top programs face, the others are usually the best RBs in any particular draft. I love Ameer but he's not that guy.

I see him getting around 1200-1300 if he stays healthy and given the new guys aren't young game changers that demand more carries.

Ameer is a good back but no the caliber back those 3 guys are so I don't see him doing that even if we had no quality depth behind him. Truthfully you don't have to have 1500 yards to have a successful year. Every year around 10 backs in college football run for 1500 yards. Half of them are usually from non AQ conferences where they don't face the caliber of athletes consistently in conference that they top programs face, the others are usually the best RBs in any particular draft. I love Ameer but he's not that guy.

I see him getting around 1200-1300 if he stays healthy and given the new guys aren't young game changers that demand more carries.

I am not sure how you don't see Abdullah breaking 1500 if he was our only quality RB. I think if he was the only person to feed the ball to, he would easily break it IMO, because of our schedule strength, and for the fact that he was over 1100 yards with Rex being the starter when he was healthy. Had Rex not been healthy, he would have been VERY close last year with most of our games being against top 25 rush defenses.

Then you state you see him getting 1200-1300 this season, with sharing the ball, but he couldn't get an extra 200-300 if he wasn't?