Taylor is SAVIOR

HANC

I stated on another thread that I personally felt that Taylor is savior of this program..... people where/are debating JUCO guys, and I stated that if we didn't take chances on JUCO's , we would have never found this guy...

I know that this is bold, but Taylor may single handily saved the NU football program !!!!!! Once everything is said and done, years from now, we will look at Zac Taylor as one of the most IMPORTANT qb to EVER play at Nebraska

No, he isn't as talented as Gill, Frazier, Crouch, but he is every bit as IMPORTANT, and may be even MORE important than these guys were (except Frazier)....

He will not win the Heisman or win NC ,but he saved this program... Without Taylor, we would not have a winning season or be going to a bowl.... And 2 consecutive seasons like that would have killed this programs spirit, recruiting, and in all likelyhood set us back 5-6 years..

Taylor is one tough SOB, and he has shown that he loves to play..

What he has done, is show the Husker Nation that the WCO has a CHANCE to work.

We owe this kid a ton of thanks. We should be talking about him instead of all the threads on Beck... Beck may be great in his time, but Taylor saved this program, and he deserves the praise !!

We owe this kid a ton of thanks. We should be talking about him instead of all the threads on Beck... Beck may be great in his time, but Taylor saved this program, and he deserves the praise !!

That is pretty bold, but I believe Taylor is very important to the transition of this football program. He was the best pick up last winter(at least to this point) and is getting better and better. I shudder to think of the record without him under center. He is a tough kid, he's smart, has a good arm and is a leader. I'm a Zac Taylor fan, even when he does make a bad throw or two. ;)

We owe this kid a ton of thanks.  We should be talking about him instead of all the threads on Beck... Beck may be great in his time, but Taylor saved this program, and he deserves the praise !!

That is pretty bold, but I believe Taylor is very important to the transition of this football program. He was the best pick up last winter(at least to this point) and is getting better and better. I shudder to think of the record without him under center. He is a tough kid, he's smart, has a good arm and is a leader. I'm a Zac Taylor fan, even when he does make a bad throw or two. ;)

:yeah:yeah

I am with ya on that, Nameless. The guy is a stud. Standing in the pocket just that fraction more of a second to deliver a pass and getting clobbered doing so, speaks volumes of his character.

That hit he took in the CU game looked painful. Perhaps other QB's would have gotten up shaken, not Zac. He popped right up and called the next play.

If you really look at the team this year, had the O line held up better earlier, perhaps things would be different right now. Perhaps we would be 9-2.

But I am not going to start on that, we have all discussed it on many ocassions.

I would not trade Zac for anyone right now. I would not trade our season either; we are what we are. And I am proud of our players.

:restore2

I am with ya on that, Nameless. The guy is a stud. Standing in the pocket just that fraction more of a second to deliver a pass and getting clobbered doing so, speaks volumes of his character.

That hit he took in the CU game looked painful. Perhaps other QB's would have gotten up shaken, not Zac. He popped right up and called the next play.

If you really look at the team this year, had the O line held up better earlier, perhaps things would be different right now. Perhaps we would be 9-2.

But I am not going to start on that, we have all discussed it on many ocassions.

I would not trade Zac for anyone right now. I would not trade our season either; we are what we are. And I am proud of our players.

i could not have said it better myself. taylor is one tough guy and a real class act.

after the KSU game the first person he talked to was his mother to let her know that he was alright. while she was waiting for him to come over i had the opertunity to talk to her and i know now where he gets his class from, so i would guess that he gets the toughness from his dad.

great kid from a great family

I have a question for all of you. Do you think that ZT will get a shot to play in the NFL. You see guys like Ryan Fitzparthick for the Rams get a chance. I think that Zt has a big time arm and he has proved to everybody that has watched him that he is one tough SOB. I think one of his best throws all season was the ball that he threw to Nunn in the Colorado game that Nunn dropped, but he showed that he has the ability to put the ball in thight spots.

I hope he gets his fair shake at a chance in the Legue

My ideal place for Zac in the NFL: Seattle

Aging QB with a WCO already installed, would be almost perfect.

Zac has a STRONG arm and is very accurate throwing underneath. He's gotten better and better as the year has went on. On the home run throws, he seems to overthrow or underthrow quite a bit and never really put the ball where it needs to be. His stats don't tell the truth about how much better he got over the course of the season and it's what causes people to write him off a bit.

In any case, if Zac goes to a WCO style team (anyone except the damnded Eagles) I would be thrilled for him.

Don't be so quick to say that he won't win a Heisman or a NC.  We haven't played next year yet.  :restore2

That's what I'm talkin about :clap:clap

Even if it's not likely, whats wrong with hoping it does?

Nebraska will have a hell of a season if he is 1st or 2nd team all big 12.

How can you not love this kid? He's been tough and has improved quite a bit over the the course of the season. His greatest legacy might be that he helped the Huskers transition and passed on his knowledge of the WCO to the younger QBs like Beck and Freeman. Will he ever rack up Brett Favre type numbers? Maybe not...but his contribution to this program cannot be discounted. I'm glad he's on our team!

I will second that he is a very acurate Underneath passer. ZT has a heck of an arm and when the WCO is at it true form with the dink and dunk passes ZT is right on the money. This offense is flowing when coach c is calling the small stuff and not trying for passes of 20 or more everytime. After about 5 unders and slants and outs of 10 or less ZT is really good at hitting that long pass.

There are some spots that i am really impressed with when he throws that out pass.

It is a plesant change from last year where the qb would just lock on herian and not go through his reads. Then if herian was actually open the pass would be at his feet.

ZT is the man. Heart, Determiniation, and Character. He is N.

I hope he gets his fair shake at a chance in the Legue

It's league not legue. ;)

:thumbs If he plays up to his ability and gets some help from the O line. IMO, he will get a good look. He's the best throwing QB to come to NU in a long time. He's setting a new passing record at NU evry time he completes a pass!! :worship

Add in Taylor's physical toughness and improving decision making and you can see why Beck is second string, keeping the wood warm

:bounce