Josh Mitchell is my new favorite player

Hopefully he calls out Guy, Ashburn, Okeyumi, and Vestal next.

I'd like to know what the deal is with those guys but i have a feeling they are already a lost cause.

Vestal and Oki could provide depth, other than that, nothing. Jay Guy had the opportunity to be big time. It just doesn't appear that the work he's going to have to do to get there will be done. I also attribute some of this to our recruiting being better. McMullen and Moss are just flat out more athletic. Gregory as well.

I'd like to know what the deal is with those guys but i have a feeling they are already a lost cause.

Vestal and Oki could provide depth, other than that, nothing. Jay Guy had the opportunity to be big time. It just doesn't appear that the work he's going to have to do to get there will be done. I also attribute some of this to our recruiting being better. McMullen and Moss are just flat out more athletic. Gregory as well.

At this point, the best thing they could provide for the team is 4 new scholarships at the end of the year.

• Fire 1

I've always wondered if coaches see certain guys as being lazy and no matter what they do in practice, they will never play? Or do the others (Guy excluded) just not have the talent to hack it at this level?

I've always wondered if coaches see certain guys as being lazy and no matter what they do in practice, they will never play? Or do the others (Guy excluded) just not have the talent to hack it at this level?

I wonder this as well, but you look at if from an honest perspective. This is bigtime ball, with bigtime jobs and dollars on the line. I really dont think a little laziness is gonna keep top notch talent from finding the field. There is no doghouse. These coaches cant afford grudges. Baker Steinkuhler was NOT going to start over Jared Crick or Suh if they decided they wanted to slack off in practice some. Now, if it's substantial laziness and focus, and it's getting in the way of production, then yes. If it hurts the team, it cant be tolerated.

It's one of those issues where it's tough to draw the line, and the line is probably different for each individual.

I wonder this as well, but you look at if from an honest perspective. This is bigtime ball, with bigtime jobs and dollars on the line. I really dont think a little laziness is gonna keep top notch talent from finding the field. There is no doghouse. These coaches cant afford grudges. Baker Steinkuhler was NOT going to start over Jared Crick or Suh if they decided they wanted to slack off in practice some. Now, if it's substantial laziness and focus, and it's getting in the way of production, then yes. If it hurts the team, it cant be tolerated.

It's one of those issues where it's tough to draw the line, and the line is probably different for each individual.

Courtney Osborne's sudden lack of playing time made me a firm believer that Bo does have a doghouse. However, I do agree that talent will see the field under most circumstances; at this level, and any other level really....

Courtney Osborne's sudden lack of playing time made me a firm believer that Bo does have a doghouse. However, I do agree that talent will see the field under most circumstances; at this level, and any other level really....

Was that theory debunked again after news came out of Courtney's concussion issues?

Edit: EZ beat me to it.

Was that theory debunked again after news came out of Courtney's concussion issues?

Edit: EZ beat me to it.

With how bad we played at safety at times this year it's really tough for me to picture a coach as competitive as Bo doing something out of spite that hurts his football team.