Your Top Five Blackshirts

I watched all the recap vids of that game on YouTube. I didn't see one instance of Dennard on Blackmon. I'm more than willing to admit Dennard shut down Blackmon in the second half, if it's true. But the people still making that claim all these years later need to start providing evidence for it at some point.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Patriots-Today---Rookies-face-off-on-NFL-stage/5cc169bb-3b3c-47f9-b35c-ff10b0de7b92

Not end all be all proof, couldn't find the full second half on YouTube.

That's fine Dude. I'm not made. I just know what I saw and what I heard. Yes, all these years later. All 2 1/2. I seriously doubt I'm wrong because there's very few factual details of Husker history in the past 25 years or so that I'm wrong on. It's not arrogance. It's just........well...........ok, arrogance I guess. :P

I watch all the Pelini shows. Rewatch the DVR's. Listen to postgame with coaches and players. Sports Nightly every night yada yada yada. I know I need a life, but regardless, it was a pretty big topic following that game on how Fonz's physicality on numerous instances completely took Blackmon out of rythm with Weeden. No, Fonz did not matchup with him the whole half, maybe not even half of it, but it was several plays.

Not exclusively

Even if that's the case, then the narrative still doesn't hold up.

Note: I still don't think that's the case, though. I think it was Prince on Blackmon the whole game.

Which narrative? The one about Prince being "abused"? If so, yes, I agree. That narrative is no where near accurate. Even if Prince was removed from the Blackmon matchup as much as I'm remembering, 2-3 plays for Blackmon on him is no where near enough to qualify as abused.

In this video...

That play at :50 is clearly offensive pass interference. Blackmon obviously push off on Prince as the ball was overthrown. At 1:20, Prince, though he was beatin-no way of discrediting that-made an all-star play by interfering. Saving a TD in exchange for 15 measly yards. And at 2:00 is the flea flicker play in which Prince gave Blackmon a bump, noticed the pitch back and was the only one not to bite. As seen @ 2:40, both safeties bit really hard on the fake. That is the play in which Prince was supposed to pass Blackmon off to the safeties until he saw them jumping the fake. Other than those three plays, Blackmon really didnt do all that much. Notice the title of the video is "Prince vs Blackmon".

Couldnt find a complete game vid, but I'm willin to bet you would see Fonz on Blackmon quite a bit in that second half. I have a pretty keen memory for details of the such.

I don't know about that. Our corners played exclusively man to man pretty much all season. Nothing about that play makes it any different from what I saw. Prince thought it was a run, got lazy, and let Blackmon get behind him. Our safeties are nothing but support. If it's run, they treat it as so. If it's pass, they treat it as so. They bit too on the run, but Prince should have been blanketing Blackmon, regardless.

Prince's technique on the play is so suggestive that he was supposed to have underneath responsibilities. You can even see the glitch in his step when he realizes that the safeties had completely bitten on the flea flicker action. Yes, youre right, Bo allowed the corners to play a lot of man that season with everyone else in matchup zone,, but their was also supposed to be safety help on top to allow Prince to jump the under routes on this play. I think that point is pretty obvious against a 2 TE formation.

I'm going to limit to players I saw live, otherwise Rich Glover may headline the list.

In no certain order:

Suh

Mike Brown

Grant Wistrom

Jason Peter

UmmmLavonteDavidTerrellFarleyTrevAlberts

Sorry about that. Carlos Polk. Dammit. (David. Forced at gunpoint to choose I'd have to take one of the most instinctive players I've ever had the privilage to watch.)

That's fine Dude. I'm not made. I just know what I saw and what I heard. Yes, all these years later. All 2 1/2. I seriously doubt I'm wrong because there's very few factual details of Husker history in the past 25 years or so that I'm wrong on. It's not arrogance. It's just........well...........ok, arrogance I guess. :P

I watch all the Pelini shows. Rewatch the DVR's. Listen to postgame with coaches and players. Sports Nightly every night yada yada yada. I know I need a life, but regardless, it was a pretty big topic following that game on how Fonz's physicality on numerous instances completely took Blackmon out of rythm with Weeden. No, Fonz did not matchup with him the whole half, maybe not even half of it, but it was several plays.

Yeah, nobody's mad here. But it would be interesting to find out to what degree the claim is true. People have been saying it for 2 1/2 years, and in all that time no one has been able to back it up. That is a long time.

Yeah, nobody's mad here. But it would be interesting to find out to what degree the claim is true. People have been saying it for 2 1/2 years, and in all that time no one has been able to back it up. That is a long time.

Well, if someone would get off their ass and post the entire game on youtube like they have every other game in every sport in the whole history of the entire world, we would know. ;)

• Fire 1

Alright. I had to do some thinkin about this one.

1. Ndamukong Suh-Maybe a bit bias because I remember his career most accurately because it was most recent. But also, this guy carried the team, not just the defense. And now, his absence to me over the past 3 seasons has only re-affirmed his greatness. Not to mention, he is the most decorated Blackshirt ever, and that's coming from a team that was not at the elite level. To me, that's hard to argue with.

2. Rich Glover. Didn't witness his greatness first hand, but highlights and stories I've read are not only plenty to put him at #2, but he's very interchangeable with Suh at #1.

3. Grant Wistrom. Thought about him being at 4, but I just cant pass up putting a guy with such a motor that so well defined Husker football, who played at minimum a role in all 4 seasons of Nebraska's incredible 90's run. He was an answer-all-to leader as well.

4. LaVonte David. I just cant pass this guy up. The kicker is the play he made stripping Braxton Miller in 2011. That play saved the season (as much as a 9-4 season can be saved.....). We were in a bad time, and without that play, that game probably spirals out of control and who knows where things go from there. It's really scary to think about, and he stopped it. With a play that, as incredible as it was, was rather routine for himself. The guy was everywhere at all times.

5. Mike Brown. I thought there should be a DB on the list and Mike was as good at they came. He was also the poster child for Nebraska Football as we know it. Great player. Great person. All-American AND Academic All-American. Excelling on the field, in the classroom and in society.

I cannot improve on this list and reasoning - after much thought. I just started watching the Huskers as a young kid when Glover was playing. I just remembered that he seemed as dominant as we remember Suh was. I don't think you can leave David off of any list. There are many honorable mentions but I think these 5 stand out.

Not exclusively

Even if that's the case, then the narrative still doesn't hold up.

Note: I still don't think that's the case, though. I think it was Prince on Blackmon the whole game.

Which narrative? The one about Prince being "abused"? If so, yes, I agree. That narrative is no where near accurate. Even if Prince was removed from the Blackmon matchup as much as I'm remembering, 2-3 plays for Blackmon on him is no where near enough to qualify as abused.

In this video...

That play at :50 is clearly offensive pass interference. Blackmon obviously push off on Prince as the ball was overthrown. At 1:20, Prince, though he was beatin-no way of discrediting that-made an all-star play by interfering. Saving a TD in exchange for 15 measly yards. And at 2:00 is the flea flicker play in which Prince gave Blackmon a bump, noticed the pitch back and was the only one not to bite. As seen @ 2:40, both safeties bit really hard on the fake. That is the play in which Prince was supposed to pass Blackmon off to the safeties until he saw them jumping the fake. Other than those three plays, Blackmon really didnt do all that much. Notice the title of the video is "Prince vs Blackmon".

Couldnt find a complete game vid, but I'm willin to bet you would see Fonz on Blackmon quite a bit in that second half. I have a pretty keen memory for details of the such.

I was at that game along with about a 100+ other Okla Husker Club members. We were seated right above that 1st play - the Blackmon push off. We all jumped up and yelled at the ref - to no avail. What we took away from the game was less of the Blackmon/Prince match up - we knew Blackmon was going to get his yards but 2 other things 1. Eric Martin's huge - hit on the kickoff - later penalized by the NCAA (reminded you of the big Kenny Bell hit) and also 2. Taylor's passing. Up to that point it was all about his running - he ended up having a fantastic passing game to everyone's surprise.

Alfonzo Dennard was matched up to Blackmon on numerous occasions in the second half. Not exclusively, but it was probably half. Fonz's increased physicality led to that adjustment. Most times he kept Blackmon from even getting off the line of scrimmage.

I'm just repeating what I remember Bo himself saying in the postgame.

Being at the game, I do remember there being a switch on who played Blackman at least part of the time. I can't remember but I'm thinking Dennard was on him - couldn't imagine anyone else besides Prince. We Husker fans at the game were kind of shell shocked that our team could keep up wt OSU in that game - we had not shown signs of going toe to toe wt the OSU fast strike O - but we did and got just enough D stops to win. It was a very exciting game and I had bragging rights at work 2 days later.

I was at that game along with about a 100+ other Okla Husker Club members. We were seated right above that 1st play - the Blackmon push off. We all jumped up and yelled at the ref - to no avail. What we took away from the game was less of the Blackmon/Prince match up - we knew Blackmon was going to get his yards but 2 other things 1. Eric Martin's huge - hit on the kickoff - later penalized by the NCAA (reminded you of the big Kenny Bell hit) and also 2. Taylor's passing. Up to that point it was all about his running - he ended up having a fantastic passing game to everyone's surprise.

Just to put this out there, Eric Martin was not penalized by the NCAA. It was by Dan Beebe and Dan Beebe alone. It was a chicken sh#t move plain and simple. It was clearly an example of taking off-the-field butthurtness and taking it out on a college kid and taking away one of the few opportunities he has to play college football in a year. Simple as that.