Your Top Five Blackshirts

1. Suh - nobody dominated his opponents the way this guy did. Man among boys
  2. Glover - old enough to have seen this guy play and he was relentless. quick, strong, and you could bet that he was going to be a part of every important play
  3. Wistrom - the standard bearer for all DE's
  4. David - motor, smarts, work ethic
  5. Amukamara - can't think of anyone better at the DB position.

Personally, I thought Dennard was the better corner.... I always think about Amukamara getting abused by Justin Blackmon, and than Dennard shutting him down in the 2nd half....

Of the 3 or so plays that Blackmon made against Prince, and this was stated by players and coaches after the game, really only 1 was supposed to be Prince's responsiblity, and that play was a fluke, for a 40 or so yard bomb was underthrown, and Blackmon pretty much pushed off on Prince to get to it. The long trick play was not Prince's fault and really niether was the other. But Dennard was put on Blackmon in the second half because of his physicality in keeping Justin out of the secondary to begin with. Yes, I always though Dennard was better too, but that may also be because he got more opportunities to showcase his skill mainly becuase qb's avoided dealing with Prince alltogether. Dont know that we've ever or ever will see a corner tandom that stout at Nebraska.

I do remember coaches and players saying that after the game now that you mention it. It was meant as no disrespect to Prince, because he was fantastic....

2. Glover - old enough to have seen this guy play and he was relentless. quick, strong, and you could bet that he was going to be a part of every important play

Personally, I thought Dennard was the better corner.... I always think about Amukamara getting abused by Justin Blackmon, and than Dennard shutting him down in the 2nd half....

Of the 3 or so plays that Blackmon made against Prince, and this was stated by players and coaches after the game, really only 1 was supposed to be Prince's responsiblity, and that play was a fluke, for a 40 or so yard bomb was underthrown, and Blackmon pretty much pushed off on Prince to get to it. The long trick play was not Prince's fault and really niether was the other. But Dennard was put on Blackmon in the second half because of his physicality in keeping Justin out of the secondary to begin with. Yes, I always though Dennard was better too, but that may also be because he got more opportunities to showcase his skill mainly becuase qb's avoided dealing with Prince alltogether. Dont know that we've ever or ever will see a corner tandom that stout at Nebraska.

I do remember coaches and players saying that after the game now that you mention it. It was meant as no disrespect to Prince, because he was fantastic....

Cool. I just couldnt let it go as being "abused" by Blackmon. He really only made a few plays. It was more of Kendall Hunter that sliced and diced us that first half.

Cool. I just couldnt let it go as being "abused" by Blackmon. He really only made a few plays. It was more of Kendall Hunter that sliced and diced us that first half.

I will stand by Dennard being better than Prince, however.... :wasted

I will stand by Dennard being better than Prince, however.... :wasted

I'm not gonna argue that. It's a toss up to me. Bottom line though, Fonz had way more opportunities to prove it. QB's either tested Fonz or avoided Prince (depending how you want to interpret it), on a pretty consistent basis. Especially throughout 2010.

I still don't think the "Dennard shut down Blackmon in the second half" narrative is true. Prince did get abused in the first half, but it was him who shut down Blackmon in the second half.

2:53 - onward. Dennard was still on Harrison. Prince was still on Blackmon.

There was even an interview with Prince about this. He admitted getting beat up in the first half and then Bo helped him make the adjustments necessary to shut him down in the 2nd. So I don't think Dennard was in on Blackmon.

Alfonzo Dennard was matched up to Blackmon on numerous occasions in the second half. Not exclusively, but it was probably half. Fonz's increased physicality led to that adjustment. Most times he kept Blackmon from even getting off the line of scrimmage.

I'm just repeating what I remember Bo himself saying in the postgame.

Alfonzo Dennard was matched up to Blackmon on numerous occasions in the second half. Not exclusively, but it was probably half. Fonz's increased physicality led to that adjustment. Most times he kept Blackmon from even getting off the line of scrimmage.

I'm just repeating what I remember Bo himself saying in the postgame.

I was going to make this exact point. I think the mixture of Dennard and Prince on him helped us win that game.

Dennard played him on a number of snaps in the second half.

Not exclusively

Even if that's the case, then the narrative still doesn't hold up.

Note: I still don't think that's the case, though. I think it was Prince on Blackmon the whole game.

Which narrative? The one about Prince being "abused"? If so, yes, I agree. That narrative is no where near accurate. Even if Prince was removed from the Blackmon matchup as much as I'm remembering, 2-3 plays for Blackmon on him is no where near enough to qualify as abused.

In this video...

That play at :50 is clearly offensive pass interference. Blackmon obviously push off on Prince as the ball was overthrown. At 1:20, Prince, though he was beatin-no way of discrediting that-made an all-star play by interfering. Saving a TD in exchange for 15 measly yards. And at 2:00 is the flea flicker play in which Prince gave Blackmon a bump, noticed the pitch back and was the only one not to bite. As seen @ 2:40, both safeties bit really hard on the fake. That is the play in which Prince was supposed to pass Blackmon off to the safeties until he saw them jumping the fake. Other than those three plays, Blackmon really didnt do all that much. Notice the title of the video is "Prince vs Blackmon".

Couldnt find a complete game vid, but I'm willin to bet you would see Fonz on Blackmon quite a bit in that second half. I have a pretty keen memory for details of the such.

I watched all the recap vids of that game on YouTube. I didn't see one instance of Dennard on Blackmon. I'm more than willing to admit Dennard shut down Blackmon in the second half, if it's true. But the people still making that claim all these years later need to start providing evidence for it at some point.

Not exclusively

Even if that's the case, then the narrative still doesn't hold up.

Note: I still don't think that's the case, though. I think it was Prince on Blackmon the whole game.

Which narrative? The one about Prince being "abused"? If so, yes, I agree. That narrative is no where near accurate. Even if Prince was removed from the Blackmon matchup as much as I'm remembering, 2-3 plays for Blackmon on him is no where near enough to qualify as abused.

In this video...

That play at :50 is clearly offensive pass interference. Blackmon obviously push off on Prince as the ball was overthrown. At 1:20, Prince, though he was beatin-no way of discrediting that-made an all-star play by interfering. Saving a TD in exchange for 15 measly yards. And at 2:00 is the flea flicker play in which Prince gave Blackmon a bump, noticed the pitch back and was the only one not to bite. As seen @ 2:40, both safeties bit really hard on the fake. That is the play in which Prince was supposed to pass Blackmon off to the safeties until he saw them jumping the fake. Other than those three plays, Blackmon really didnt do all that much. Notice the title of the video is "Prince vs Blackmon".

Couldnt find a complete game vid, but I'm willin to bet you would see Fonz on Blackmon quite a bit in that second half. I have a pretty keen memory for details of the such.

I don't know about that. Our corners played exclusively man to man pretty much all season. Nothing about that play makes it any different from what I saw. Prince thought it was a run, got lazy, and let Blackmon get behind him. Our safeties are nothing but support. If it's run, they treat it as so. If it's pass, they treat it as so. They bit too on the run, but Prince should have been blanketing Blackmon, regardless.