A monument to atheism

As far as the 10 commandments were put on the court house they don't represent what a lot of Christians think. They are there cause they represent law and order not cause of religious aspect. Hard to find laws not based on religion. So now atheism is now benches? ;)

60% of the time, I don't know what you are talking about every time.

• Fire 1

As far as the 10 commandments were put on the court house they don't represent what a lot of Christians think. They are there cause they represent law and order not cause of religious aspect. Hard to find laws not based on religion. So now atheism is now benches? ;)

What about 1, 2, 3, and 4?

like i said religion made laws and hard to find laws without any religious meaning to them, for their time.

like i said religion made laws and hard to find laws without any religious meaning to them, for their time.

There are hundreds of laws not based on religion. Was that seat belt law I got pulled over for the other day based on Corinthians?

There are hundreds of laws not based on religion. Was that seat belt law I got pulled over for the other day based on Corinthians?

Yes, Yes it was. :rolleyes:

morality, ethics, and laws were around before christianity.

but was it around before religion?

i do not know, that would be prehistoric. it existed outside of religion (e.g., confucius, nicomachean ethics, the republic, etc.)

No, laws were made by people, not made by religion. Yes, people based these laws on whatever fairy tale they grew up hearing, but given that people made up religions.... they clearly made up the laws. The 10 commandments are not there because they represent law, they are there because they represent the Christian religion. Otherwise, I suppose we would need to build more jails for adulterers.

No, laws were made by people, not made by religion. Yes, people based these laws on whatever fairy tale they grew up hearing, but given that people made up religions.... they clearly made up the laws. The 10 commandments are not there because they represent law, they are there because they represent the Christian religion. Otherwise, I suppose we would need to build more jails for adulterers.

The 10 commandments are not Christian but Jewish.

i do not know, that would be prehistoric. it existed outside of religion (e.g., confucius, nicomachean ethics, the republic, etc.)

yes there are morals outside of religions like Confucius, etc. but religion was already established by then.

yes there are morals outside of religions like Confucius, etc. but religion was already established by then.

so?