Rivals Top 10 Pregame Traditions

Yet another offseason article, this time from Rivals (free), where Olin Buchanan gives us his top ten best pregame traditions. The Tunnel Walk makes the list at #10, which is nice, but the rest of the list is bizarre. I can see Yell Practice at A&M being included because it's huge and it's pretty cool. The fact that it's the #1 item on Buchanan's list is probably best explained by the fact that Buchanan is a bigwig at TexAgs.com, an Aggie message board.

What made me almost vomit was #3 - Colorado's running of the buffalo. OK, they have a live buffalo mascot. And they like to run him on the field. How does that make this list, let alone the top three? Give me the Sooner Schooner any day. And for "cool" I'd put Chief Osceola's spear-planting ahead of Ralphie.

Here's the list. Do with it what you will.

LINK

What made me almost vomit was #3 - Colorado's running of the buffalo. OK, they have a live buffalo mascot. And they like to run him on the field. How does that make this list, let alone the top three? Give me the Sooner Schooner any day. And for "cool" I'd put Chief Osceola's spear-planting ahead of Ralphie.

I think you're underestimating the importance of running the buffalo at a Colorado game. After Ralphie leaves the field, most people go home. That is what makes it #3.

• Fire 6

10. The Tunnel Walk, Nebraska:

In what is a common practice at most major football programs these days, the Cornhuskers were the first to incorporate the use video on the JumboTron to help the team make a grand entrance before each home game. After a video introduction, fans in Memorial Stadium can watch the team getting psyched up in the locker room and then marching through the tunnels under the stadium and onto the playing field.

At least he was nice enough to give us props for introducing the tunnel walk tradition that nearly every school now has. I guess that's better than going all pedo over Lil' Red, or being obsessed with our wiener cannon.

:lol:

• Fire 1

I think it should be a unique tradition, like ND painting helmets or USMA's marching - not tailgating, tunnel walks, stadium walk-ups or running through letters made by the band. I get that a certain school may have been the first to come up with one of those but it seems like all schools have those "traditions" now thus watering them all down. Just my personal opinion though.

I think it should be a unique tradition, like ND painting helmets or USMA's marching - not tailgating, tunnel walks, stadium walk-ups or running through letters made by the band. I get that a certain school may have been the first to come up with one of those but it seems like all schools have those "traditions" now thus watering them all down. Just my personal opinion though.

The tunnel walk was unique until everyone started copying it.

That's what I mean and I get that it isn't your fault and I'm not knocking NU at all. I'm just thinking that if the list is "Top 10 Pregame Traditions" for me, I'd like to see a list of traditions that if I go to a home game, I'm not going to see anywhere else. There are very few traditions like that still around because of all the copying.

That's what I mean and I get that it isn't your fault and I'm not knocking NU at all. I'm just thinking that if the list is "Top 10 Pregame Traditions" for me, I'd like to see a list of traditions that if I go to a home game, I'm not going to see anywhere else. There are very few traditions like that still around because of all the copying.

Yes and no. I see what you're saying but just because West State U stars doing yell practice at midnight before a game doesn't minimize A&M's tradition.