Egypt - I guess that worked out well supporting M. Brotherhood

I find it a little surprising that whoever made that sign in your picture is able to differentiate between Joe Blow American and our governmental leaders. If that is truly the case, the Egyptian people would be vastly different than the majority of the Middle East Muslim countries. Yeah, I know they are actually located in NE Africa....

Out of curiosity, how many people from that part of the world do you know?

Zero. My opinion of what people from the Mideast think of Americans is pretty much based on what I see on the news and the relative ease they seem to have recruiting terrorists that hate us enough to do what they do. I am equally sure there is a contingent of people that appreciate some of what the US stands for and represents.

I am not saying that you are not right or that your relatives accounts are questionable. It just strikes me as being a lot more fair and level headed than what usually comes from that section of the globe.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-june-6-2013/jason-jones--behind-the-veil---minarets-of-menace-revisited

Maybe if we pretend that the Egyptian people are happy with our politics, then things will get better.

. . . things have been getting better.

What "things"?

Oh . . . the economy, unemployment rate, housing market, end of the Iraq War, steps towards marriage equality, etc. etc.

You know. A few little things.

• Fire 1

Maybe if we pretend that the Egyptian people are happy with our politics, then things will get better.

. . . things have been getting better.

What "things"?

Oh . . . the economy, unemployment rate, housing market, end of the Iraq War, steps towards marriage equality, etc. etc.

You know. A few little things.

Are these the "things" JJ was talking about?

I'm pretty sure this is what you call a 'no win situation' Morsi was elected, and Egypt has been a historical ally.

And unless I'm missing something the 'policy' is pretty much the same as it has been regarding Egypt. I don't recall seeing lots of claims that the election was fixed, maybe I'm wrong. But we typically don't do massive policy change with a duly elected leader, until the actions of the administration dictate we change said policy.

b) the Suez Canal may be used "in time of war as in time of peace, by every vessel of commerce or of war, without distinction of flag."

Sounds great . . . but that won't last too long when the bullets start flying.

Exactly, then you bring in the Blue Helmets...

But, you were responding to JJ so I would assume you both are trying to talk about the same "things". :dunno

Correct, but I'm not a mind reader. Perhaps JJ would be better situated to answer the question that you had asked me.

Sorry fellas, been busy with softball the last few days. The "things" I was talking about were conditions in Egypt and the perception of US foreign policy in that part of the world. So, while our economy and some social issues may be showing signs of improvement, those things really have nothing to do with this issue. But whatever....

• Fire 2