As you may recall, the West Division will consist of:

Illinois

Iowa

Minnesota

Nebraska

Northwestern

Purdue

Wisconsin

So we get to play Wiscy and Ohio State in the same season in four of the first seven seasons we're in the Big Ten, and Wiscy, Ohio State and Penn State in three of those seven seasons. Conversely, after this year we won't play Michigan in the regular season for four straight years.

Buckle up.

Here are the actual factual dates:

Date - Opponent - Location

10/1/16 - Illinois - Memorial Stadium

10/8/16 - Northwestern - Evanston, IL

10/15/16 - Indiana - Indiana Somewhere

10/22/16 - Purdue - Memorial Stadium

10/29/16 - Wisconsin - Madison, WI

11/5/16 - Ohio State - Columbus, OH

11/12/16 - Minnesota - Memorial Stadium

11/19/16 - Maryland - Memorial Stadium

11/25/16 - Iowa - Iowa City, IA

Date - Opponent - Location

9/23/17 - Rutgers - Memorial Stadium

9/30/17 - Illinois - Illinois Somewhere

10/7/17 - Wisconsin - Memorial Stadium

10/14/17 - Ohio State - Memorial Stadium

10/28/17 - Purdue - Indiana Somehwere

11/4/17 - Northwestern - Memorial Stadium

11/11/17 - Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN

11/18/17 - Penn State - Happy Valley, PA

11/24/17 - Iowa - Memorial Stadium

Edited by knapplc
Fixed a date I had messed up.

Pretty sure the way parity scheduling will work is that you will get h&h with UM,OSU, and Penn State whenever they are available, + 2 rotating.

My guess is that 2018-19 will look something like

2018: Penn State, @Mich, @MSU

2019: Mich, @Indiana, Maryland

and then 2020 will rotate OSU back on again.

Pretty sure the way parity scheduling will work is that you will get h&h with UM,OSU, and Penn State whenever they are available, + 2 rotating.

In other words, greed is leading to these huge conferences which are ruining the sport.

• Fire 1

The other thing to note is that starting 2017 it looks like the Big Ten will allow conference games during week 4 - which means that there will be more flexibility in fitting in a late season OOS. Makes sense since it'll be difficult to schedule OOS games with FCS teams being (mostly) off limits starting then if we limit the scheduling to just September.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ind/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/2017B1GFBSchedule.pdf

In other words, greed is leading to these huge conferences which are ruining the sport.

Yep, the addition of Maryland and Rutgers was to tap into the major east coast markets, these two schools adds nothing to the B1G. I was probably the only one who liked the competive balance of Legends and Leaders.

Any idea what this is going to do to the 4 non-conference games that have already been scheduled for 2016? Going to be pretty upset if that eliminates the No. Illinois game at Soldier Field...

It won't affect it at all. Nebraska has 7 home games scheduled for that season so the game vs. N. Illinois at Soldier Field will take place as scheduled.

Any idea what this is going to do to the 4 non-conference games that have already been scheduled for 2016? Going to be pretty upset if that eliminates the No. Illinois game at Soldier Field...

It won't affect it at all. Nebraska has 7 home games scheduled for that season so the game vs. N. Illinois at Soldier Field will take place as scheduled.

I think the problem lies in there being 13 games on the schedule, only 12 regular season allowed.

That's unlikely. We currently have 13 games scheduled for 2017. We'll have to cut one, and with the other non-con games being Fresno State, Tennessee and Wyoming, all at Memorial Stadium, we'll have to cut the Soldier Field game to stay at seven home games.

Due to budgetary constraints we can't have fewer than seven home games.

Yeah, but with 4 OOC games already schedule and the Big 10 moving to a 9-game schedule, one of the OOC games is gonna have to go. EDIT: Knapp duped me by 5 seconds

I think the problem lies in there being 13 games on the schedule, only 12 regular season allowed.

I just realized that. Well you can bet the N. Illinois game will be dropped. That stinks.