Big Ten Media have spoken - Ohio State will win the conference

Michigan is getting a ton of credit for Gardner's potential.

My money is on the proven commodity of TMart.

Always take proof over potential.

Huskers win the division and it's a very close game in the CCG.

I think Mich ahead of Nebraska is a fair guess. Nebraska as of now has no, none, zilch, nada in terms of defensive line play. LB', although athletic, are totally unproven. And as we have seen in a Pelini defense if you aren't smart and "get" the defense, this could get ugly

That's a fair counter. But, reasonable folks can disagree.

Overall, I still believe Michigan is overvalued and Nebraska undervalued not only nationally, but within B!G circles. Note how some supposed "scribes" rate TMart third in QB rankings behind Gardner. That's the point bothering me. Potential vs a resume.

And, let's be honest. The defense has GOT to be better than last year.

So I'll continue ingesting the koolaid.

Ohio State will have 3 regular season losses and way underperform based on expectation. Mark it down. I have several inside sources. Well, they're not really sources...more like voices in my head....and the one named Margie is particularly down on tOSU this year. She also wants me to wear pink shirts on Tuesdays.

But that's the prediction I'm going with . tOSU >> three losses regular season and a loss in the bowl game. And at least one more significant arrest.

Ohio State will have 3 regular season losses and way underperform based on expectation. Mark it down. I have several inside sources. Well, they're not really sources...more like voices in my head....and the one named Margie is particularly down on tOSU this year. She also wants me to wear pink shirts on Tuesdays.

But that's the prediction I'm going with . tOSU >> three losses regular season and a loss in the bowl game. And at least one more significant arrest.

^This

I can see Ohio State failing to show up every week to pick up every W. I also think Northwestern has the second best team in the conference, but thanks to a brutal schedule won't have the record to show it.

^This

I can see Ohio State failing to show up every week to pick up every W. I also think Northwestern has the second best team in the conference, but thanks to a brutal schedule won't have the record to show it.

Nw is not the second best team on conference. If they we're then they would be fine regardless of.schedule. we have had a bruta sched the last 2 years and proved to be a top team. Now it's there turn. Let's see if they are a legit 10 win team.

If we lead the nation in turnovers again, I can see us finishing 3rd in our conference.

Comish, you state resume over potential, but Martinez is a fumble machine. Perhaps next year, if he doesn't fix them, more of them become turnovers? I would rate Gardner as the better QB, but I would not say he is a better athlete than Martinez. That is why UM is switching over to a pro-style offense, which plays more into Pelini's game. The only thing, Gardner can still run.

Our offense, defense and special teams has a LOT to prove for me to be even 75% confident we will win our division. Sure our schedule favors us, but if we can't do the simple things, we won't be winning the games we should.

Here is my list of "unknowns":

• Still have question marks on the defense as a whole, besides our DB's. We have no idea how we will look on the DL, LB or Safety position
  • Special Teams. We don't know how we will look on our punting or kicking game
  • Punt/Kick returning is still unknown
  • Offensive woes: with turnovers are still to be fixed. Will they? We don't know.
  • Offensive line: We know we have better talent, but we still don't know how well they will mesh. We have heard the talk for a few seasons on how we are going to have a good line, and we have seen decent, but not good.
  • TE position, to me, is a very important position. With the limited playing time, and the new guys, this position, IMO, is a question mark.

The only "for sures" I believe we have is...

• Great WR's: They can not only catch very well, we know they can block and help out our run game.
  • Taylor has improved on his clock management
  • Our DBs are one year older, with more experience and we should be more solid than last year.
  • We can rely on Ameer in the backfield.

Sadly, that is all I can come up with. Its sad when your "questionable" list is longer than the "for sure" list :(

I know I am missing things on both ends. I am just pointing out (at least to me), that we have a lot to prove, not only ourselves but the nation as well, for anyone to be positive on us winning our division, let alone the conference.