What is the box on the top of the south end zone seats

This is what I mean when I say another deck would be really far from the field. Look out how far out the endzone seats reach from this angle. You could be about 3/4's of football field away from the game if another deck was added.

PNHUOVHSUCTSTYP.20060912201128.jpg

Thanks, craze. That pic shows how far the end zone stadiums go from the field. Any more seats in the end zone is impractical.

This is what I mean when I say another deck would be really far from the field. Look out how far out the endzone seats reach from this angle. You could be about 3/4's of football field away from the game if another deck was added.

Thanks, craze. That pic shows how far the end zone stadiums go from the field. Any more seats in the end zone is impractical.

Yeah, I understood what he/you were saying, I just felt like you were being a smartass for some unprovoked reason.... While it would be far from the action, I imagine that an upper deck could improve the view from South stadium. Without a doubt it would improve depth perception....

Rock, I understand where you are coming from. But, the way that Memorial Stadium has been constructed and added on over the years, I think a balcony on top of the South End Zone would be a bad idea. Not only would they be super far from the action, but they would be higher than the current West balcony. The reason the new addition on the East stadium "works" is that the seats are on the sideline, so you even though the seats are super high up, they don't feel as far away from the action. I have sat in the upper rows in both the South and North end zones, and frankly they weren't very good places to watch the game. I couldn't imagine being in a balcony, even further up and away from the action. Plus, a balcony would create obstructed view rows in the South end zone. I have sat under the balcony in the East stadium, and it sucked because the balcony got in our sightlines were obstructed by the balcony.

A row of skyboxes wouldn't be a terrible idea because the people in the skyboxes are there more for the "party" than the game, and there isn't anything wrong with that.

I]m confused (as usual). Further from the field? I thought much closer to the action. Simply extend 2nd deck (west area) to south endzone.

addition_zps0502811b.jpg

• Fire 2

Maybe if we take a few rows and put in another deck that is a lot more vertical

I]m confused (as usual). Further from the field? I thought much closer to the action. Simply extend 2nd deck (west area) to south endzone.

addition_zps0502811b.jpg

i think it's pretty obvious corncraze was speaking under the assumption that we added to South stadium without tearing anything off beforehand.

• Fire 1