Bo Pelini's Job Security Examined

So if you don't win a national title in the first 5 years of coaching at a school you never will? That's dreadful, and empty logic by a very talented writer....

I don't think he means winning a national title, I think he means winning a conference title, or not having nationally televised meltdowns every year.

The Big Ten is now really starting to pick up and the gap between our conference and the SEC is closing. Make no mistakes, the athletes were on the roster to beat Georgia last year guys. We had every opportunity to beat them as we did South Carolina the year before. Funny how each game turned with an Ameer fumble. What would be the feeling on this board had we beat Georgia? We would be talking MNC run. To further my point, NW beat an SEC team in their Bowl Game, Michigan had every chance to beat South Carolina, and the funny thing about this whole thing is that everybody was playing one bowl game up from where they should have been. In all actuality, our conferences best team was in the Club House come bowl season and another team in Penn State that would have been a tough draw for any team was doing the same.

The problem isn't our mid tier beating their mid tier. It's always been about the big bowl games. Our top teams against their top teams we lose. just because we play them close should never be a victory. Next year they may smoke all of our top teams, one year doesn't make a trend. The only advantage the Big Ten has against other conferences are the independents, MAC, and WAC. all other conferences in bowl games we trail.

The Big Ten is now really starting to pick up and the gap between our conference and the SEC is closing. Make no mistakes, the athletes were on the roster to beat Georgia last year guys. We had every opportunity to beat them as we did South Carolina the year before. Funny how each game turned with an Ameer fumble. What would be the feeling on this board had we beat Georgia? We would be talking MNC run. To further my point, NW beat an SEC team in their Bowl Game, Michigan had every chance to beat South Carolina, and the funny thing about this whole thing is that everybody was playing one bowl game up from where they should have been. In all actuality, our conferences best team was in the Club House come bowl season and another team in Penn State that would have been a tough draw for any team was doing the same.

The problem isn't our mid tier beating their mid tier. It's always been about the big bowl games. Our top teams against their top teams we lose. just because we play them close should never be a victory. Next year they may smoke all of our top teams, one year doesn't make a trend. The only advantage the Big Ten has against other conferences are the independents, MAC, and WAC. all other conferences in bowl games we trail.

You didn't use any factual based information to draw your conclusion. Stop watching ESPN, The SEC is not THAT much better than everyone else. They are still the best, but the gap is closing fast. It's really proven by last bowl season that the gap isn't as wide as ESPN wants us to think.

• Fire 1

You didn't use any factual based information to draw your conclusion. Stop watching ESPN, The SEC is not THAT much better than everyone else. They are still the best, but the gap is closing fast. It's really proven by last bowl season that the gap isn't as wide as ESPN wants us to think.

What you posted clearly showed you didn't even read my post. The SEC vs the Big Ten in bowls is 40-25. http://www.footballgeography.com/college-football-conference-vs-conference-bowl-records/ Like i said 1 year is not a trend.

• Fire 1

I would say

What you posted clearly showed you didn't even read my post. The SEC vs the Big Ten in bowls is 40-25. http://www.footballg...e-bowl-records/ Like i said 1 year is not a trend.

I'm not so sure that accounts for conference realignment, which pretty much changes the whole ballgame.

Just throwing that out there. I'd rather see that information, than the information from 100 years ago until now.

What you posted clearly showed you didn't even read my post. The SEC vs the Big Ten in bowls is 40-25. http://www.footballg...e-bowl-records/ Like i said 1 year is not a trend.

I guess I don't know what to think of that statistic, 40 to 25. I mean I believe Minnesota is beating Nebraska in the series history column but they definitely aren't destroying the Huskers now.

I would say

I'm not so sure that accounts for conference realignment, which pretty much changes the whole ballgame.

Just throwing that out there. I'd rather see that information, than the information from 100 years ago until now.

why would you count teams that weren't in the conference? you can't go back and count all our wins against the SEC and add them to the Big Ten because we weren't a member til 2 years ago.

What you posted clearly showed you didn't even read my post. The SEC vs the Big Ten in bowls is 40-25. http://www.footballgeography.com/college-football-conference-vs-conference-bowl-records/ Like i said 1 year is not a trend.

I believe I gave you examples of Husker games against SEC opponents the past two seasons. I never said the SEC isn't better, I merely stated the gap is closing. You can't possibly think it isn't.

Pelini is the man for the job and barring some totally ridiculous 1 in a million catastrophe this season, his job is safe for quite awhile.

He also does things the right way and his team is rarely in the spotlight for the wrong reasons. Unfortunate that the national perception of him stems from the 2010 A&M game.

I believe I gave you examples of Husker games against SEC opponents the past two seasons. I never said the SEC isn't better, I merely stated the gap is closing. You can't possibly think it isn't.

2 years ago the SEC was mopping the Big Ten in bowl games. until we win those games the gap will never close just have close games.

Pelini is the man for the job and barring some totally ridiculous 1 in a million catastrophe this season, his job is safe for quite awhile.

He also does things the right way and his team is rarely in the spotlight for the wrong reasons. Unfortunate that the national perception of him stems from the 2010 A&M game.

I would agree with you if TO was still AD but since he isn't anymore, it's going to be up the new AD on how long he will keep Pelini.