With Green moving to safety...

Sure seems like we could go back to more Peso look with CJax and Green taking that Haag and Gomes roles. Would be interesting.

Think Gerry would make a great peso, he's tailor-made for that hybrid-role, but I don't know about him being able to play it this season.

I agree. Perhaps a little later in the year depending on how fast he picks things up. Of course, our first nine games set up pretty well for a Peso-style defense. The last three will probably be more of a traditional 4-3 so his window is compressed a little bit.

Sure seems like we could go back to more Peso look with CJax and Green taking that Haag and Gomes roles. Would be interesting.

Think Gerry would make a great peso, he's tailor-made for that hybrid-role, but I don't know about him being able to play it this season.

I agree. Perhaps a little later in the year depending on how fast he picks things up. Of course, our first nine games set up pretty well for a Peso-style defense. The last three will probably be more of a traditional 4-3 so his window is compressed a little bit.

Evans will play that nickel/peso spot. He is too good against the slot receivers not to be there. Gerry would have to have a hell of a learning curve to play safety in Pelini's defense.