Adam Taylor....our very own

I don't blame Heard at all for wanting to leave.

I don't either, he had better players in front of him and saw what was coming behind him. He took the easy way out. I don't blame him.

It's hard to tell where you stand on the roster when you're continually being asked to change positions. No need to act as if he's a bad guy or unwilling to work because he did what was best for him. He worked his ass off just to get here, and worked his ass off while he was here. In the end, it just wasn't the place for him.

No No No. He left, so that means he's a terrible human being and we sh#t all over his character.

He's probably a good kid. He was never in trouble or anything, seemed to work hard. I just felt that he "pussed" out in the RB competition....

• Fire 1

I guess I'm curious on how Heard was screwed? Was it because he got some work at CB one spring? It seemed like to me that the coaches were trying to find ways to get him onto the field faster instead of being in the logjam at rb. And just because he didnt get alot of playing time doesnt mean he was screwed at all, It is the coaches job to play the players that give them the best chance to win, so it seems to me that Heard didnt play because he wasnt the best option

I don't blame Heard at all for wanting to leave.

I don't either, he had better players in front of him and saw what was coming behind him. He took the easy way out. I don't blame him.

It's hard to tell where you stand on the roster when you're continually being asked to change positions. No need to act as if he's a bad guy or unwilling to work because he did what was best for him. He worked his ass off just to get here, and worked his ass off while he was here. In the end, it just wasn't the place for him.

No No No. He left, so that means he's a terrible human being and we sh#t all over his character.

He's probably a good kid. He was never in trouble or anything, seemed to work hard. I just felt that he "pussed" out in the RB competition....

Yeah I kind of regret the "bad guy" comment. I don't think anyone was saying he's a bad guy. But I also don't think it's fair to say he pussed out. When you're being shuffled around the roster, it's difficult to progress at any one position. How was he supposed to compete at RB, which is probably all he wanted to do, when he's practicing at DB and slot receiver?

I don't know why you inserted a bunch o sarcasms on my quote....I never once said coaches were purposely trying to screw him over. Maturity is lacking in some members here still I see.

So they were doing it unintentionally? I would imagine the coaches are well aware of their decisions, and the ramifications from them....

When you recruit a kid, you promise him the world. You tell him you'll do all this stuff, he works his ass off for an extra year to get here. You then don't play him, that's fine and ask him to move to a new position he doesn't want to play. That's what I'm saying is happening. Calm down

When you recruit a kid, you promise him the world. You tell him you'll do all this stuff, he works his ass off for an extra year to get here. You then don't play him, that's fine and ask him to move to a new position he doesn't want to play. That's what I'm saying is happening. Calm down

From everything we've ever been told, our staff doesn't promise the world to any recruit....

True to the red.....

Most of that didn't make any sense. I have respect for Newby and Taylor because they were both ELITE backs coming in during the SAME recruiting class to compete against each other. You don't see that very much, and you're crazy if you don't think that some high school athletes make their decisions on whether or not other elite guys playing their position have already committed to the team... Heard would have seen a much larger role this year if he would of stuck around. So you're saying the Nebraska coaching staff had it out for Heard? I'm sure they had their reasons for it.....Heard is puss, sorry.....

---- You've got a weird thing for Heard.... Did he say something sweet to you once?

I hate to tell ya son, but if you are playing Division 1 football at a program the caliber of Nebraska, you are an ELITE PLAYER. So yes, there are plenty of high profile programs that take multiple high profile players in a recruiting class to compete against each other. You clearly respect the hell out of every player that goes to LSU, Oregon, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio St., Nebraska, Georgia, South Carolina, U of So. Cal, etc...etc......Obviously you hand out your respect like your throwing out candy in those parades you attend in San Francisco.

Me on the other hand, my respect is earned, not given. So when you wanna talk about having a hard on for some player, your kind of making yourself look foolish. I clearly thought Heard was the most talented back we had on the team. At least he took a f'ing snap at this program in an actual f'ing game! I think he got 10 yards every time he touched the ball! Which apparently when you average ten yards a carry to this staff that means you need to move to Defensive back.

You on the other hand respect the hell out of two kids who just arrived on campus a few weeks ago and have nothing but a high school highlight reel. Yes the kid's are impressive, but they haven't done anything here yet!

Newby was the best RB in Cali, and Taylor was the same in Texas. I thought it spoke to their character that they chose the place that they felt suited them best no matter what other incoming competition was joining them.

Was a that a gay joke in there? It says a lot about the intellectual "value" that you bring to this board, or this discussion for that matter.... Very classy....

Best rb from Cali and best rb from Texas......both true freshman yet you respect them for coming here. I bet at one point you respected Heard for all the work he put in to get to the University. Yet, clearly you have no respect for him now, funny how that works. I got a strange feeling if one of these two kids leaves, somehow your respect will turn into questioning their manhood and using female genitalia to describe their character.

• Fire 3

True to the red.....

Most of that didn't make any sense. I have respect for Newby and Taylor because they were both ELITE backs coming in during the SAME recruiting class to compete against each other. You don't see that very much, and you're crazy if you don't think that some high school athletes make their decisions on whether or not other elite guys playing their position have already committed to the team... Heard would have seen a much larger role this year if he would of stuck around. So you're saying the Nebraska coaching staff had it out for Heard? I'm sure they had their reasons for it.....Heard is puss, sorry.....

---- You've got a weird thing for Heard.... Did he say something sweet to you once?

I hate to tell ya son, but if you are playing Division 1 football at a program the caliber of Nebraska, you are an ELITE PLAYER. So yes, there are plenty of high profile programs that take multiple high profile players in a recruiting class to compete against each other. You clearly respect the hell out of every player that goes to LSU, Oregon, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio St., Nebraska, Georgia, South Carolina, U of So. Cal, etc...etc......Obviously you hand out your respect like your throwing out candy in those parades you attend in San Francisco.

Me on the other hand, my respect is earned, not given. So when you wanna talk about having a hard on for some player, your kind of making yourself look foolish. I clearly thought Heard was the most talented back we had on the team. At least he took a f'ing snap at this program in an actual f'ing game! I think he got 10 yards every time he touched the ball! Which apparently when you average ten yards a carry to this staff that means you need to move to Defensive back.

You on the other hand respect the hell out of two kids who just arrived on campus a few weeks ago and have nothing but a high school highlight reel. Yes the kid's are impressive, but they haven't done anything here yet!

Newby was the best RB in Cali, and Taylor was the same in Texas. I thought it spoke to their character that they chose the place that they felt suited them best no matter what other incoming competition was joining them.

Was a that a gay joke in there? It says a lot about the intellectual "value" that you bring to this board, or this discussion for that matter.... Very classy....

Best rb from Cali and best rb from Texas......both true freshman yet you respect them for coming here. I bet at one point you respected Heard for all the work he put in to get to the University. Yet, clearly you have no respect for him now, funny how that works. I got a strange feeling if one of these two kids leaves, somehow your respect will turn into questioning their manhood and using female genitalia to describe their character.

1st bold ---- True.

2nd bold ---- Not true.

3rd bold ---- Doubtful, but maybe.

There's a big long rant from True to the Red coming, isn't there!

Talk about bringing intellectual value to the board. This comment came what, five minutes after your comment towards my idotic statement to you. Hypocrite. Don't call someone out for making comments that have no value, just to follow it with a single sentence simply to get a rise out of someone. Very classy.

True to the red.....

1st bold ---- True.

2nd bold ---- Not true.

3rd bold ---- Doubtful, but maybe.

I know they are true. Your easy. I can read you like a book.

There's a big long rant from True to the Red coming, isn't there!

Talk about bringing intellectual value to the board. This comment came what, five minutes after your comment towards my idotic statement to you. Hypocrite. Don't call someone out for making comments that have no value, just to follow it with a single sentence simply to get a rise out of someone. Very classy.

I didn't single out a complete section of our population....