Paradoxical Seasons

This whole ordeal started with you taking one sentence from a poster's post and stretching it into something he never said. I'll add that you did it with a very snide remark. You are guilty of this quite frequently.

He never one time said that the Big 12 did not have running QBs, he said that they were no Kolter, Miller, or Robinson; IMO, the three of the most athletic and EXPLOSIVE QBs we have played in our last two years.

Answer this question, when game planning to stop a mobile QB, which ones do you think gave Bo the most to prepare for? In terms of the running game???

Miller and Robinson?

Or

McCoy and Klein?

I think it goes without saying that McCoy and Klein are no Miller or Robinson.

RG3 was one hell of a player, but we played them in Bo's rookie year when he was a freshman. I hope you see the silliness in including him.

i asked if there was any restrictions and someone said 4-5 years and nothing was said about playing them.

Even under those standards one QB has hurt us with his feet in any one of those years and he happened to get drafted second overall. McCoy and Klein were by no means bigger threats than Miller and Robinson or even Colter.

In fact, I think most of the running McCoy did, was from a dude with a 93 on jersey...

Not to mention, I think that dude with the 93 on his jersey cost McCoy a shot at the Heisman in the Big XII title game...

so, who won the game?

Do you even like the Huskers!?.....

Colt McCoy had over half of his yards on the ground his senior year in one game. This further proves Mr A's point. He COULD run. But he wasn't a guy like Robinson, Miller, or Colter.

really.

to say McCoy couldn't hurt you with his legs is just wrong. most of it is passing since Texas has receivers who can catch the ball but there are some runs mixed in and he could keep plays alive.

Colt McCoy had over half of his yards on the ground his senior year in one game. This further proves Mr A's point. He COULD run. But he wasn't a guy like Robinson, Miller, or Colter.

really.

to say McCoy couldn't hurt you with his legs is just wrong. most of it is passing since Texas has receivers who can catch the ball but there are some runs mixed in and he could keep plays alive.

Those, YOUR WORDS, explicitly say that McCoy didn't have to run as much because Texas had receivers who could catch the ball; therefore also saying that the opposite is also true: that Michigan and Ohio State's QBs had to run the ball more because they had WRs who could not catch the ball.

You can't hide behind "that's not what I meant" when you give a reason for why "x" happened.

really.

Those, YOUR WORDS, explicitly say that McCoy didn't have to run as much because Texas had receivers who could catch the ball; therefore also saying that the opposite is also true: that Michigan and Ohio State's QBs had to run the ball more because they had WRs who could not catch the ball.

You can't hide behind "that's not what I meant" when you give a reason for why "x" happened.

where did i mention Ohio St and Michigan?

really.

That's the comparison being made.

Their WRs can't catch?

never said that, that's what you implied.

you did too say that.

or would you like to say that is what we inferred from your implication?

i don't even know anymore since i came to this board. Seems like if you don't drink the kool-aid don't bother posting.

I'm not saying you have to drink the kool-aid.....but your posts imply a lot of negativity towards the Huskers. It seems like you are severely disappointed .....I don't know why?! Natty championships for the Huskers are long gone and they may not come back for a while or ever.......but you have to credit Bo to some extent, he's brought NEB verry verry close to two BCS title games with the talent he was given. NEB doesn't recruit like the Oregon's or the Bama's, but you can't sit there and not think Bo is doing some good for the program and is placing it in the right direction. Hell, if NEB makes it to a BCS title game this year and actually wins....that could open up all sorts of doors. I think NEB's main problem stems with recruiting and the past couple of years, recruiting has been quite impressive under Pelini IMO.

really.

That's the comparison being made.

ok fine. Yes Michigan and Ohio St. receivers can catch.

I think the primary reason, in my opinion, is that most of the d coaches changed (sanders, Carl, etc), and Bo put his focus on the offense.

One thing I've noticed is that when Bo focuses on an issue that needs to be address, it gets addressed (with the limited exception of turnovers). For example, when our D dominated under Bo, the offense was bad - really bad. Bo devoted significant time to it and now you see the result. But, other issues creep up while Bo is focused on other areas. One positive I see now is that Bo is focused on teaching the inexperienced d, so I think that will help substantially with their progress and effectiveness.

And yes, I like Kool Aid and drink it often right before the season starts.

+1 I think Bo is a great coach, a lot better than most think. When he puts his time into something it becomes great, like dagerow said. He took over the 2009 and 2010 defense and made it great. Granted we had great players those years such a suh, hagg, gomes, prince, dennard, and david, and we were in a different conference. But you can see what he can do when he focus' on a specific unit. Now the past couple years he has been focusing on the offense and this year we will be very dangerous. I read somewhere that Bo finally has installed the offense he wants and is getting the players perfect for the scheme. So, maybe that means he will get the defense exactly how he wants it, and I think he is starting to get the athletes he wants. I truly think Nebraska is on the right track to become great again. Not saying we will be playing for national championships every year but I do think we will be in BCS games soon.

and BTW I drink Kool-aid in the offseason as well.

i don't even know anymore since i came to this board. Seems like if you don't drink the kool-aid don't bother posting.

I'm not saying you have to drink the kool-aid.....but your posts imply a lot of negativity towards the Huskers. It seems like you are severely disappointed .....I don't know why?! Natty championships for the Huskers are long gone and they may not come back for a while or ever.......but you have to credit Bo to some extent, he's brought NEB verry verry close to two BCS title games with the talent he was given. NEB doesn't recruit like the Oregon's or the Bama's, but you can't sit there and not think Bo is doing some good for the program and is placing it in the right direction. Hell, if NEB makes it to a BCS title game this year and actually wins....that could open up all sorts of doors. I think NEB's main problem stems with recruiting and the past couple of years, recruiting has been quite impressive under Pelini IMO.

Yes Bo has done some good. Yes my posts can be negative but it is also justified. I don't expect National Titles but i expect Bo to have his team ready for every game. One thing i do wonder about Bo is does he have the killer instinct against the better teams? Sure we beat Michigan, Ohio St, Wisconsin by close margins but when they won they flat out embarrassed us. Yes Bo is headed in the right direction.

Yes Bo has done some good. Yes my posts can be negative but it is also justified. I don't expect National Titles but i expect Bo to have his team ready for every game. One thing i do wonder about Bo is does he have the killer instinct against the better teams? Sure we beat Michigan, Ohio St, Wisconsin by close margins but when they won they flat out embarrassed us. Yes Bo is headed in the right direction.

And yes, I agree that the blow-out losses hurt and they honestly need to stop. You can't let teams destroy you like that.....it destroys your rep as a coach and destroys the rep of the team a bit IMO. I hope the infusion of speed and talent on the D helps mitigate the high-scoring losses.

And yes, I agree that the blow-out losses hurt and they honestly need to stop. You can't let teams destroy you like that.....it destroys your rep as a coach and destroys the rep of the team a bit IMO. I hope the infusion of speed and talent on the D helps mitigate the high-scoring losses.

i hope so too.