Paradoxical Seasons

Sean Fisher's physique wouldve been the ultimate neutralizer in defending the lengthy TE's used in the Big 12, thus allowing us to keep that extra linebacker on the field. Not to mention, we'll never know how goof he coulda been had a not broken his leg *cough matt herian cough*

The BIG asked him to do everything he was awful at.

Such as tackling.

Sean Fisher's physique wouldve been the ultimate neutralizer in defending the lengthy TE's used in the Big 12, thus allowing us to keep that extra linebacker on the field. Not to mention, we'll never know how goof he coulda been had a not broken his leg *cough matt herian cough*

The BIG asked him to do everything he was awful at.

Such as tackling.

house_oh_snap.gif

1) Colt McCoy came to UT as a pocket passer and only developed into a decent running QB his junior/Senior year. Telling us he ran for 500 yards two years isn't much. That's less than 60 a game.

2) Will give you RG3.

3) You can't be serious comparing Klein to Miller. Miller is by far and away the more explosive QB

Here's my list

1) Russell Wilson (no explanation needed)

2) Dennard Robinson

3) Braxton Miller

You proved MR A's point by giving stats. The last two on my list were spread-option QBs. You can't possibly say that McCoy was a better runner than either of them. In the Big 12 QBs were dropping back and throwing 40-50 times a game. Not the case with these three I listed. That was Mr. A's point.

his point was that the Big12 had no dual threat qb's. . Mccoy could run but as his line became better he didn't have to run as much. I gave stats to prove that all 3 were about the same give or take. Vince Young playing 3 seasons only had 500 more rushing yards per season than Mccoy and played in a passing oriented offense, would you say Young can't run?

just for kicks both Texas and Baylor run spread passing offense.

So, you're bad at reading?

no, just because you don't think they are doesn't mean they arent. It really shows that you both didn't watch too many games outside of nebraska in the Big 12.

1) Colt McCoy came to UT as a pocket passer and only developed into a decent running QB his junior/Senior year. Telling us he ran for 500 yards two years isn't much. That's less than 60 a game.

2) Will give you RG3.

3) You can't be serious comparing Klein to Miller. Miller is by far and away the more explosive QB

Here's my list

2) Dennard Robinson

3) Braxton Miller

You proved MR A's point by giving stats. The last two on my list were spread-option QBs. You can't possibly say that McCoy was a better runner than either of them. In the Big 12 QBs were dropping back and throwing 40-50 times a game. Not the case with these three I listed. That was Mr. A's point.

his point was that the Big12 had no dual threat qb's. . Mccoy could run but as his line became better he didn't have to run as much. I gave stats to prove that all 3 were about the same give or take. Vince Young playing 3 seasons only had 500 more rushing yards per season than Mccoy and played in a passing oriented offense, would you say Young can't run?

Yes! Bye Bye Big XII gets it.

The loss of Sanders

What?

IMO Marvin Sanders is one of the best secondary coaches of all time. I also believe Sanders provided additional insights to the defense beyond the secondary. The defense took a big hit when he left.

You make a very very good point. I hadn't given a lot of thought to that aspect of it, but I believe you're right. He did change the dynamic of the defense in some ways, not just the secondary. Though, we still have a very solid secondary, I think the aggressiveness and the way the safeties played the run game changed quite a bit.

2) Will give you RG3.

Here's my list

2) Dennard Robinson

3) Braxton Miller

no, just because you don't think they are doesn't mean they arent. It really shows that you both didn't watch too many games outside of nebraska in the Big 12.

I have never thought that RGIII, Colt McCoy, Collin Klein couldn't run the ball; NEVER, and neither did MR A. He's saying the extent to which those QBs can run the ball isn't as great as the QBs Nebraska has faced in the Big Ten.

I can see the argument coming now...

2) Will give you RG3.

Here's my list

2) Dennard Robinson

3) Braxton Miller

I have never thought that RGIII, Colt McCoy, Collin Klein couldn't run the ball; NEVER, and neither did MR A. He's saying the extent to which those QBs can run the ball isn't as great as the QBs Nebraska has faced in the Big Ten.

When qb's have to run as much with a focus on passing that means the o-line is weak. If we get a solid o-line in front of Martinez his rushing yards will go down because he wouldn't have to scramble as much.

accountability said the big 12 was drop back passing with some scrambling which is true but some of those qb's had legs they just didn't have to run as much.

When qb's have to run as much with a focus on passing that means the o-line is weak. If we get a solid o-line in front of Martinez his rushing yards will go down because he wouldn't have to scramble as much.

accountability said the big 12 was drop back passing with some scrambling which is true but some of those qb's had legs they just didn't have to run as much.

So Big Ten offensive lines are weak?

depends.

depends.

No. You don't get to say that.

depends.

No. You don't get to say that.

yes yes i can because we got past the discussion.

Many of the runs Martinez makes are either designed or part of a zone read. Yes, he has to scramble some times, but he also gets sacked.

A stronger OLine does not mean less rushing yards for a QB. If argue for a dual threat it would increase their yards.

You missed his point still. It was not that there weren't dual threat QBs. The jist of it was that there aren't as many designed runs by the QBs in the BIG 12 as in The BIG 10.

Not that hard to grasp and the states you cited back his point.

This whole argument is based on something someone never said.

That's husker_99 for you.

no i know what was said. this is what my argument was.

They were somewhat mobile, yes, but they were no Cain Colter. They were no Dennard Robinson, and sure the hell were no Braxton Miller.

all 3 of my qb's were just as dangerous both passing and running the football as these 3.

Colt McCoy and Klein were nowhere near as dangerous running as either Miller or Robinson. To claim that just isn't right.