2013 Legitimate Expectations

What do you feel are legitimate expectations for this team? Knowing how highly-regarded other schools in the Big Ten are this year, this should be the toughest conference in the nation. Six other Big Ten schools are ranked, Penn State, Minnesota and Michigan ahead of the Huskers and Michigan State, Purdue and Ohio State behind us.

Is a top-ten finish out of the question? All the girls are talented but young. Should we expect top five? Something like last year?

I expect a good start to the season with the schedule. Back to back losses (Iowa St / Tx) and 4-5 losses in the B1G. I doubt we get a top seed for the tourney...but I think that the young crew will have it going by seasons end and we make a run in the NCAAs....just falling short of a trip to Seattle.

In the end I will predict a Top 10 finish (9/10) overall...a finish of #3 in the B1G, and the beginning of a nice run for the Huskers as Cook develops his young talent going forward.

I expect a good start to the season with the schedule. Back to back losses (Iowa St / Tx) and 4-5 losses in the B1G. I doubt we get a top seed for the tourney...but I think that the young crew will have it going by seasons end and we make a run in the NCAAs....just falling short of a trip to Seattle.

In the end I will predict a Top 10 finish (9/10) overall...a finish of #3 in the B1G, and the beginning of a nice run for the Huskers as Cook develops his young talent going forward.

That's how I feel about this team right now.

With a young team there's just too much uncertainty to predict the results. I think it's easier to field a great team with young volleyball players than it is in football, or even basketball. That's just a gut feeling though. I got nothing to back it up.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see them finish in the top ten. And top two or three in the B1G.

Last year I was pretty disappointed with seven losses. I really thought we had a Final Four team. Ran into a buzzsaw in the tourney and didn't make it that far.

This year I'm expecting seven losses, maybe more. With a team this young and a new setter, not to mention a new arena, it's going to be tough to get this all gelling in one season.