Went and saw Bobcat Goldthwait

I didn't realize he was still alive. I guess he's at least got that going for him.

Not saying I am a huge fan, my wife and I were staying downtown at a nice hotel, we bought the room at a charity auction. Anyway the hotel gave us comp passes into the club so we went. Got their and because it was Bobcat we couldn't use them. So we paid the 20 buck cover and went into the show. His warm up comedian was much more funny than he was IMO. Oh, and he is only about 5'6".

His over the top stuff never did work for me that much, he reminds me of Andy Kaufman, when we would just try to be bizarre, but not that good.

I am disappointed in this board. I love listening to Bobcat make the rounds on podcasts, he always has tremendously funny stories to tell.

Also, have you guys seen his recent movies? He's become a fairly notable independent writer/director - nobody makes dark comedies like he does.

His movie "God Bless America" is on Netflix streaming. Haven't seen it. Any good?

I am disappointed in this board. I love listening to Bobcat make the rounds on podcasts, he always has tremendously funny stories to tell.

Also, have you guys seen his recent movies? He's become a fairly notable independent writer/director - nobody makes dark comedies like he does.

Not going to debate that with you, I know he has done a lot of directing as of late. But, he burned a lot of bridges with fans and Hollywood types with his antics. He has spent a lot of time digging out of the hole he created by setting a couch on fire on national TV and his blatant bizarre behavior. He has been rude and nasty to a lot of people over the years. I guess he thinks/thought it was funny.

My whole point in starting the thread was just to say how far someone can fall after being a pretty big star. His standup show was ok IMO it wasn't great, but not too bad.

Not going to debate that with you, I know he has done a lot of directing as of late. But, he burned a lot of bridges with fans and Hollywood types with his antics. He has spent a lot of time digging out of the hole he created by setting a coach on fire on national TV and his blatant bizarre behavior. He has been rude and nasty to a lot of people over the years. I guess he thinks/thought it was funny.

My whole point in starting the thread was just to say how far someone can fall after being a pretty big star. His standup show was ok IMO it wasn't great, but not too bad.

Which coach?!

Not going to debate that with you, I know he has done a lot of directing as of late. But, he burned a lot of bridges with fans and Hollywood types with his antics. He has spent a lot of time digging out of the hole he created by setting a coach on fire on national TV and his blatant bizarre behavior. He has been rude and nasty to a lot of people over the years. I guess he thinks/thought it was funny.

Which coach?!

Fixed it. :moreinteresting

He is usually one of the better guests when TnT have him on in Omaha. Watched one of his specials on netflix and it was better then a lot of the other stand ups I have seen but not a grand slam by any means. Not sure I understand the thought that he has fallen hard since I never really thought he was that big of a star to begin with?

His movie "God Bless America" is on Netflix streaming. Haven't seen it. Any good?

Watched it based on TNT's review I heard one morning.

Very dark comedy, it's kind of like "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas, but this guy takes it out on reality TV stars.

I found it very entertaining, but I could see how one could hate it if you are offended easily.

Watched it based on TNT's review I heard one morning.

Very dark comedy, it's kind of like "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas, but this guy takes it out on reality TV stars.

I found it very entertaining, but I could see how one could hate it if you are offended easily.

I watched it just now. It was okay. Not great, but okay. I found myself identifying with the main character's views of reality TV stars. Not to the extent that I would go on a cross country killing spree. But enough that I sometimes roll my eyes and switch channels. :lol: