East upper deck experience

newman

Sellout streak is tickets sold not people in the building. They announced at the game it was a sellout.

I got new season tickets up there. It was that hot, there was a really nice breeze. The view is like watching TV. Short lines for concessions. Short lines for bathrooms. They were forcing people to use the one escalator to leave the stadium and created a logjam after the game.

Only took them 30 minutes of several thousand people just standing there for them to open the emergency stairs for use to exit.

• Fire 1

Any perceptible difference in noise? I'm interested in the possibility that the taller stadium (and more people, obviously) will result in a more intimidating environment. I'm guessing most people would have been yelling as loud as possible on Wyoming's last drive, so just looking for observations.

The deck itself looks like something I would buy tickets for the next time I'm in town. I'm attracted to the shorter lines and (hopefully) more room -- I personally love the video-game like birds-eye perspective.

Any perceptible difference in noise? I'm interested in the possibility that the taller stadium (and more people, obviously) will result in a more intimidating environment. I'm guessing most people would have been yelling as loud as possible on Wyoming's last drive, so just looking for observations.

The deck itself looks like something I would buy tickets for the next time I'm in town. I'm attracted to the shorter lines and (hopefully) more room -- I personally love the video-game like birds-eye perspective.

Seemed the same to me but it's not like the crowd was really into it until the 2nd half on a handful of plays.

Noise levels are fine, except for one huge issue. You just can't hear the band. I was humming the fight song in my head so I knew when to yell. It didn't help that half the time our band started playing Wyoming would play over them.

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention that the seats are a little wider, and have backs built into the bleachers. I hadn't know that going in. The metal didn't bother me but many people brought blankets or pads to sit on

Maybe they need to mic our band into the speakers. When I went to Michigan a couple years ago for the game we shall not speak of, there was NEVER a problem hearing their band, as it came through the speakers.

I dunno. Just an idea. It can be a little artificial if not done correctly, but I've had a hard time hearing the band in other parts of the stadium too (only hearing the drum beat mostly).

Maybe they need to mic our band into the speakers. When I went to Michigan a couple years ago for the game we shall not speak of, there was NEVER a problem hearing their band, as it came through the speakers.

I dunno. Just an idea. It can be a little artificial if not done correctly, but I've had a hard time hearing the band in other parts of the stadium too (only hearing the drum beat mostly).

Maybe that is something they can work on with the improvements to the sound system that are supposed to be next in the pipeline.

I'm in 613, almost directly above the band and I couldn't hear the band at all for most of the game.

Sellout streak was broken? BTN TV upper deck view showed several hundred seats was unoccupied.

I was sitting on the North end and it looked sold out to me. I am wondering when BTN actually showed it because before the half and the end of the game, people were leaving up there.

There were only like 50,000 people still in the stands on that last drive. A bunch of people started leaving at around the 6 minutes mark it seemed