Defensive guru status

True2tRA

Never has fit. He did adequate in 2003, ran a cover two system and turned the kids loose. Had some pretty good players back then. But we got clocked anytime we played a top program. He went to Oklahoma and became Co DC. Family friend and heavily promoted for another job, LSU. He went to work at LSU, where Miles gave him the co title again. In honesty, most LSU fans hardly cared if left or not. Not so much a negative, but their system, he worked in.

He was referred by Monte Kiffen if I remember correctly.

I think when he has SEC level talent, he might fit that title, but I have never felt he was ready to be a head coach, still do not. Hope he makes all of think he is before the season is over, but man the guy has a lot of work to do.

Okay this is some serious revisionist history

I get both sides. Yes we are young, but excuses for the team giving up 600 hundred yards is just friggen ridiculous. Wyoming held us to less yards than we did to them and they were young, undersized, and inexperienced as well... What's the reasoning for that? It's BOTH teams first games so jitters were felt on both sides. I hate the excuses I see because their bogus, at some point people who are still giving Bo unrelenting belief and support need to wake up and realize it ISN'T an issue of players anymore, no more 'we are transitioning conferences', no 'we're undersized'. Where do the excuses stop? I believe Bo CAN fix this team, but the real question is, does he want to make the changes necessary to fix issues, or will he still be stubborn and blame players for not executing his master scheme.

I know we have good talent here, VV, Cross, Gerry, SJB to name a few, but when you have players like that and Smith is running draw plays for 14 yards a pop like it's nothing because of the 2 gap, somethings gotta give. Berate me if you please as it's JMO, but people like EZ are defending Bo to the death when fault has to lie somewhere in the middle and maybe more on Bo's end because at the end of the day, it's his team.

You know that is where the NFL looks for their future defensive gurus. Right between 100 and 105 the sweet spot!!

You are aware he worked in the NFL prior to Nebraska, right?

Oh and you know 2 years ago when there was an uproar about him possibly leaving? Yeah, it was an NFL team that came calling - we're lucky he is still here.

Look at what has happened the past two years, we're so lucky, right??

But feel free to go three paragraphs on me of nothing of substance like you usually do.

Nah, I'm not sure I'd bother. You don't read what others say anyway. You just nitpick the f#*k out of single sentences instead of grasping the premise of their entire point. I don't like what I saw last night, but there were some players that really stood out. We are not ready for UCLA but in two weeks we are going to have to be or we will get spanked. There's no point though. Because as much as I've said there was good last night you seem to be one of those that doesn't want to hear it.

That was only one paragraph of you being wrong about me. You've got two more in you don't you?

If you don't you can always go on one of your Jason Peter-ish rants.

I assure you I know where he came from, how he got here and why he returned. My guess is far more than you know about it.

I have not been a fan since his display with Coach Snyder.

But as much as I think he needs help coaching this team, I am not one that wants him fired. I want him to hire quality assistants, not yes men, that have proven to be winners, keep moving forward with their ideas. He is in over his head, and has been since day one. But he has done some very good things for Nebraska. He needs help plain and simple.

Total Defense though 1 game means nothing without looking at opponents

Southern Miss played Texas State

and Texas State = Wyoming

LOL no.

Also it certainly can mean something IF you look at the opponent. I mean even if Wyoming is an 8-4 or 9-3 type WAC team, Nebraska should never be giving up 400+ yards to them, let alone 600+. We know that.

Southern Miss giving up few yards to a really really terrible opponent doesn't really tell us much about how they're going to perform the rest of the season. Unfortunately Nebraska's performance is a little bit more damning. Our one thing we have going for us is that the experience level has nowhere to go but up.

You know that is where the NFL looks for their future defensive gurus. Right between 100 and 105 the sweet spot!!

You are aware he worked in the NFL prior to Nebraska, right?

Oh and you know 2 years ago when there was an uproar about him possibly leaving? Yeah, it was an NFL team that came calling - we're lucky he is still here.

Nobody in this thread said we weren't King. Maybe it's just time a new voice comes in....an outside voice. A whole new defensive approach.

Believe it or not some of you, Bo is no defensive legend. He can still learn quite a bit. If you or he doesn't believe there is still learning to be done in his part then your ficking delusional.

I know it was just one game, but last night did not look promising when you consider that was supposed to be a walk through last night. We had people on this board poking fun at others who were concerned about Michigan a couple weeks ago. Not so ridiculous to think now.

Once again, expectations got ahead of reality. Me and the majority of Husker nation are a sucker for it every time. Some more than others.

But feel free to go three paragraphs on me of nothing of substance like you usually do.

Nah, I'm not sure I'd bother. You don't read what others say anyway. You just nitpick the f#*k out of single sentences instead of grasping the premise of their entire point. I don't like what I saw last night, but there were some players that really stood out. We are not ready for UCLA but in two weeks we are going to have to be or we will get spanked. There's no point though. Because as much as I've said there was good last night you seem to be one of those that doesn't want to hear it.

That was only one paragraph of you being wrong about me. You've got two more in you don't you?

Make real sure you want to keep prodding me.

Make real sure you want to keep prodding me.

This this some sort of threat?