Southern Miss

Our next opponent is Southern Miss.

Where they rank in terms of stats according to ESPN.com:

Passing rank* 13/126 with 377.0 passing yards

Rushing rank* 115/126 with 23.0 rushing yards

Total offense rank* 65/126 with 400 total offensive yards

Total defense rank* 9/126 with 207 yards allowed on defense

Now they did play Texas State and Southern Miss is on a 13 game losing streak dating back to last year. They do have a senior qb who threw the ball 53 times last week and completed 28 of them. I think this is a game where we will win handily, but could give false hope due to the fact Southern Miss isn't that great of a team. None the less we will win this game and get prepared for UCLA on Sept 14th. What are your thoughts?

*denotes national ranking

National rankings in those categories, after only one opponent (Texas State no less)........ :rollin Don't mean anything.

National rankings in those categories, after only one opponent (Texas State no less)........ :rollin Don't mean anything.

I actually think is means everything. What I mean is ... if this ends up being a game or close ... well ... it will tell me the true state of this Husker team. It will tell me that last week was not a fluke. I expect a blowout for us. Aside from the points I'll be looking at the small things by key players.

I'm willing to bet we don't concern ourselves too much with an overly complex gameplan for SM and we've been looking more at UCLA these past few weeks.

We'll be vanilla as can be, I really feel this is a "work on the small details" game, imho. All I know is that it better be over rather early.

I actually think is means everything. What I mean is ... if this ends up being a game or close ... well ... it will tell me the true state of this Husker team. It will tell me that last week was not a fluke. I expect a blowout for us. Aside from the points I'll be looking at the small things by key players.

Well, I'll agree that how we do in this game means something but, SM being ranked 13th in passing offense or 9th in total defense, etc. doesn't mean sh#t at this point.