Turner - Sometimes, we laid down. We weren't bringing the fight back.

knapplc

By now you've probably heard that Ameer Abdullah addressed the team after the game Saturday night. Jamal Turner gives us an idea what was said:

It wasn’t just what Abdullah said, according to wide receiver Jamal Turner. It was the way he said it.

“Really mad,” Turner said of Abdullah’s passion. “To tears."

Turner said players didn’t bring enough passion to the field against a Wyoming team that was 4-8 last season.

“There wasn’t that much energy. It was a weird deal. You would think it’s the opener and guys would be jacked,” Turner said. “Sometimes, we laid down. We weren't bringing the fight back.”

Brian Christopherson's article

By now you've probably heard that Ameer Abdullah addressed the team after the game Saturday night. Jamal Turner gives us an idea what was said:

It wasn’t just what Abdullah said, according to wide receiver Jamal Turner. It was the way he said it.

Turner said players didn’t bring enough passion to the field against a Wyoming team that was 4-8 last season.

“There wasn’t that much energy. It was a weird deal. You would think it’s the opener and guys would be jacked,” Turner said. “Sometimes, we laid down. We weren't bringing the fight back.”

The crowd didn't bring much energy either. That probably didn't help.

And I'm sorry, but our tunnel walk does nothing for me anymore. Our crowd doesn't get loud at all for it.

I enjoy hearing about Ameer stepping up into the leadership role. I only hope other players follow suit and step up.

The crowd didn't bring much energy either. That probably didn't help.

And I'm sorry, but our tunnel walk does nothing for me anymore. Our crowd doesn't get loud at all for it.

That's because the university stopped outsourcing it to people that actually know what they're doing. Last year's was absolutely despicable, this year was an upgrade to horrendous. That level of production was about right in 2003, not 2013.

The question everyone should be asking is why didn't the team bring enough energy. Why do we seemingly come out flat in every game? I just don't get it.

+1000. They play a guaranteed 12 games per year. How can you not be up for the opener?

Every team seems to have at least one game they come out flat. Hopefully we survived ours and it doesn't happen again.

I don't have much hope in that changing. We're going to come out flat virtually every week. "It is what it is".

While we do seem more talented in certain spots on defense, I guess my desperate hope was we'd be so talented that it would counteract the piss-poor motivation. Maybe that much talent doesn't exist.

The question everyone should be asking is why didn't the team bring enough energy. Why do we seemingly come out flat in every game? I just don't get it.

+1000. They play a guaranteed 12 games per year. How can you not be up for the opener?

Every team seems to have at least one game they come out flat. Hopefully we survived ours and it doesn't happen again.

Is it usually the opener? And it happens to the Huskers more than once a year.

The standard of excellence has been forgotten. Strapping on the "N" doesn't mean what it used to for these players. The attitude and effort put forth by the players on these Pelini teams is utterly disgraceful. What in the hell is up with the players' sideline disinterest for the game--especially when they're playing like crap? Bo needs to stop this experiment with being their friend and go old testament, because these players lack focus and discipline.

• Fire 3

Is it usually the opener? And it happens to the Huskers more than once a year.

I'm not saying it's correct or that we haven't had problems with it under Bo. I'm just saying that it's only one game, and that's pretty normal for college teams. If there's a second or third, then I'll start to be concerned.

The standard of excellence has been forgotten. Strapping on the "N" doesn't mean what it used to for these players. The attitude and effort put forth by the players on these Pelini teams is utterly disgraceful. What in the hell is up with the players' sideline disinterest for the game--especially when they're playing like crap? Bo needs to stop this experiment with being their friend and go old testament, because these players lack focus and discipline.

you intimate what I firmly believe... the motivational state of the players --- their focus and their intensity --- is the responsibility of the coaching staff. To field flat and unfocused players week after week is inexcusable and is a reflection upon our coaches.

• Fire 1

you intimate what I firmly believe... the motivational state of the players --- their focus and their intensity --- is the responsibility of the coaching staff. To field flat and unfocused players week after week is inexcusable and is a reflection upon our coaches.

I'm not necessarily saying you are wrong. But, if you play for Nebraska and you need someone else to get you jacked up (coaches) to play in the opening weekend of college football in front of a record crowd of avid fans at Memorial stadium.........you might need to see a doctor to have your pulse checked.

• Fire 1