Fan skepticism and impatience

fans have been noticing the same issues for years now and seeing them again in game one

Isn't the focus of the gripe from game one the allowing of 600 yards? That's a recent issue for Pelini's tenure and they are addressing it immediately through the recruiting efforts we are seeing take the field now.

I think that's too narrow. It was the way they gave up those 600 yards, showing a lot of the same issues on the d-line and in the linebacking corp. And though it is a *recent* issue, it still dates back to last September... a year ago. That's a long time to still be giving up crazy amounts of yards.

I am not ready to give up on the season, I hear some posters saying I drank the Kool-aid and that they can't believe how bad our Defense and Offense looked. Something I have noticed about Nebraska over the last 10-15 years is that we play down to the opponent that we are playing for some reason. I really think that by the time that we play UCLA that our D will be settled down and the players will have a better understanding of what their roles in the D will be. I came away very impressed with the front seven (potential) and loving their athleticism. Lets hope some of us become a bit more patient and stop acting like the world has come to an end especially after a win.

Im tired of us not DOMINATING into submission average or less opponents

Im talking about dominating from the opening series

Out physicaling, dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball

Not this mickey mouse coming out slow and then playing catch up nonesense

Play to potential every snap of every down for the entire game AND season

Blowouts are underrated- I love winning by dominating blowouts

Allows you to get the younger kids in

Build confidence

I like Bo, but that is on him

Since the discussion was about how Bo hasn't figured out today's offenses and Saban has, I would say yes it matters.
How about LSU - Alabama 2007? Pelini has scoreboard and trophy.
Bo was the HC at LSU in 2007?

You know I'm kiddin around right?

I'm just finding all these repetive discussion comical anymore. Damn we need another game.

I didn't know. I thought maybe I had typed something wrong. All good though.

Since the discussion was about how Bo hasn't figured out today's offenses and Saban has, I would say yes it matters.

How about LSU - Alabama 2007? Pelini has scoreboard and trophy.

Bo was the HC at LSU in 2007?

Nope. So I guess the board should also stop the Cosgrove comparisons. That would take away a few threads.

I think it is Nebraska law that you always have to pile on Cosgrove anytime his name is mentioned. I know I always will. A little piece of me died in 2007 and he is to blame.

And though it is a *recent* issue, it still dates back to last September... a year ago. That's a long time to still be giving up crazy amounts of yards.

That's why Pelini has said he probably shouldn't have redshirted some of these guys. They were needed last year. Let me be clear about my opinion on this.....we did not have the physical talent we needed on defense last season. We lacked size at DT and speed at LB. Those things can hurt you in a big way.