What we have learned about B1G teams after wk 2

Kiyoat Husker

I may end up eating crow depending on how the next 2 weeks go but so far I think the Big Ten looks stronger overall than it has the past few years -maybe the best since 2009?

Purdue isn't helping nor is Indiana, but we aren't doing too bad. Need some good performances especially from Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Purdue, and for the love of God Iowa.

Michigan will be out toughest game, with NW a close second

We can still go undefeated

MSU will lose 5 games

Iowa sucks

Penn state may be a surprising tough game

Braxton will be done for the year soon enough

Wisconsin has played D2 schools

Purdue will ask us not to take the trip due to shear embarrassment

Agree with all this, but I would still say Wisc has done what it has supposed to do so far. More than I can say for the Big 12 against the MVC.

Big does so far have the best out of conference win/loose ratio. But that's not exactly science, neither are opinions but here goes.

Northwestern seems to have a good O and good enough D to keep games close and perhaps upset a favorite. I'm actually happy for that program as there is quite a bit of passion that trickles down from the coaches to the players.

Nebraska as usual, if they can keep the mistakes down, they will be hard to beat. Good O, but still a suspect D, improved from last week. Big test next week.

Michigan has a deadly O with lots of options in taking apart a defense. Secondary on D is their Achilles heel.

OSU can do it without Braxton, their O is a good deal better then their D, still need to see them play a good team, but they will be tough.

Illinois....had a good game, cant say more as I've seen them start well and then collapse.

Wisconsin, looks similar to the past few years.

Penn state looks better then MSU, similar defenses but PSU's offense can at least score.

The rest are Meh, Kudos to Minnie's at least they are 2-0

Michigan has a QB that wears #98

Getting rid of the FCS teams will be a welcome change. Now, follow that up with September conference games.

2017 will be the change for that. Bucks open up @ IU(if that counts as a conference game).

I'd like it better also. allow Penn State to schedule Pitt at the end of the season if they'd like. provide flexibility to getting teams to play up north and also avoid having people come out flat with good August practices that mean something.

Michigan has a QB that wears #98

Getting rid of the FCS teams will be a welcome change. Now, follow that up with September conference games.

2017 will be the change for that. Bucks open up @ IU(if that counts as a conference game).

I'd like it better also. allow Penn State to schedule Pitt at the end of the season if they'd like. provide flexibility to getting teams to play up north and also avoid having people come out flat with good August practices that mean something.

Thanks. I knew it had been talked about but couldn't remember if it had been implemented or not.

Here's my rankings:

1. Mich - nice win over ND but how good is ND really?

2. NW - nice wins over BCS conf teams.

3. OSU - haven't played anyone but have talent

4. Neb - D looks suspect again in Wyoming game but it was a good game to watch among all the weak sister games so far.

5. Wisc - clubbing baby seals as usual

6. PSU - QB is going to be a stud

7. Ill - nice win over Cincy but the Illini are always good for a let down.

8. Mich State - ND game will tell the story for me. They played nobody yet.

9. Minn - 7 wins this year? 4 OOC + Indiana + Iowa + PSU/Wisc

10. Indiana - thought team had turned the corner under 3rd year coach but Navy loss was a big set back.

11. Iowa - just a few years removed from a BCS win and they quickly went down the tubes.

12. Purdue - another bad coaching hire imo.