Would you have benched Martinez for a series?

Taylor is the starter, I wish him luck and I hope he gets things figured out. I don't know why you would even bring up who is the better passer? Fact is, Taylor needs to learn to relax out there and find some level of comfort standing in the pocket. The coaches need to develop a gameplan that suits his strengths. They used to be able to utilize his skills. What has changed from his first year? If Taylor is going to be the Qb, then past that who cares? All I know is that last weeks game plan may have been suited to Kellogg better than it fit Taylor.

Kellogg is a better passer than Taylor. It's not even debatable.

He has 14 career attempts, all in mop-up time, against Idaho State, Minnesota and Southern Miss (2013). How are you making that analysis?

I've seen him throw and I've seen Taylor throw. That's how. Remember knapp, I said passer, not Qb. There is a difference.

Kellogg is a better passer than Taylor. It's not even debatable.

He has 14 career attempts, all in mop-up time, against Idaho State, Minnesota and Southern Miss (2013). How are you making that analysis?

In regards to raw skill and ability when it comes to throwing the ball, and watching the two in games, warm-ups, practices, spring games, etc etc etc, I'm in total agreement with True. Kellogg throws a better ball. Not close either.

Now comparing the two's decision making and mental capacity and so on, I agree with Knapp, we dont know enough of Kellogg. But that's not True's point here. At least the way I'm reading it.

Kellogg has been in this offense just as long as Taylor. I guess we just wouldnt know what we have until he got a shot. (Joe Ganz part 2?-dont think anyone expected him to play like he did until he was actaully in there). I'm just of the opinion that if we're gonna operate on offense with a principle of not utilizing a qb's run, or even advertising the threat of his running ability, Kellogg would be a better choice.

Ron Kellogg III will not come in and complete more than 66% of his passes.

There are thousands of guys who throw beautiful spirals in practice.

Tom Brady will miss a wide open receiver this week, too.

Ask Kenny Bell and Quincy Enunwa who they want at starting quarterback.

You guys do know the old chestnut that the most popular player on any team is the quarterback who isn't playing.

• Fire 1

Ron Kellogg III will not come in and complete more than 66% of his passes.

There are thousands of guys who throw beautiful spirals in practice.

I remember sitting in the stadium in 2000 (give or take a year) shortly after Eric Crouch had minor shoulder surgery (IIRC) and watching practices where he was firing 40 yard lasers, perfect spirals, right on target, just about every throw. Then in games his passing looked nothing like the sort. Good thing we didn't need him to throw too much, but that to me showed the difference between what guys can do in practice vs. game action.

Is anyone else looking forward to next year's QB race between Armstrong and Stanton? Honestly, I cannot wait until the Era of the Enigma comes to an end b/c we have a couple studs who could be just the ticket to turning this team around.

I realize that's a broad statement about "turning this team around," but in all seriousness when was the last time we had that one guy behind center who just refused to lose? I'm talking about the type of guy who never backs down (and please don't argue that Martinez never backs down b/c we all saw some deer-in-the-headlights moments from him Saturday) and always finds a way to get the offense moving.

More than anything I'm tired of seeing so many 3-and-outs. And how the heck do we not have a true go-to set of plays to help us convert 3rd downs into 1st downs? I know that's not so much on Taylor as it is on Beck (and the O-line and the rest of the offense), but in these types of games (big games vs. ranked opponents), I honestly think Beck has called some nice plays only to have Taylor be Taylor and prevent us from converting.

• Fire 1