So.....who ya gonna get?

arkiehusker

If we win 9-10 games no way Bo gets fired. plus I can't think of anyone who would want to come here in that situation. Also imagine how many recruits we lose with coaching changes. We would be SCREWED FOR 3-5 years with trying to get everything going with a new coaching staff unless we get some HIGH profile coach. But common do any of u see that happening. I thin we need to find some proven coordinators more than anything

Either way we are screwed.

Some would say hiring a HC with no previous HC experience at a program like Nebraska can bite you in the ass. The Scott Frost thing may fall into that category.

Funny to me how the same people preaching to Bo about hiring an OC or DC with a resume' are the same ones who would like to hire another first time HC.

You pay enough money and a coach won't give a sh#t if you just fired a 11 win coach.

This. $ is the language of college football. If you're willing to pay enough you can find plenty of good candidates who would be interested. That said, I don't think firing Bo is the right move IMO. Getting rid of Pap and bringing in a true DC who is responsible for the D (instead of Bo manning the puppet strings) would be my vote

• Fire 1

2 things...

We have a relatively new AD, who probably isn't looking to make waves with his new job. As much as I hate it, he will not be the one to fire Bo or make any coaching changes.

We need a coach (and staff) who have balls. Who won't let off the pedal with 6 mins left in the half and try and be conservative every end of every half. We need a coaching staff who on 3rd and long with 1 mintue left in the half and the other team has a timeout left, won't just concede by running the 3rd failed rush play of the series, but at least attempt a pass for a first down while our passing game was still working. We need a coach that realizes he has another very valuable tool in the cupboard for our running game and if option A isn't producing at a point in the game then put in option B and who is averaging about 8-10 yards per carry. (Pelini did it 2-3 yrs ago with Helu and Rex, why not try it again since it worked back in the day?) We need a coach who will adapt to change and make adjustments. But most of all, we need a coach with a set of cojones!!!

2 things...

We have a relatively new AD, who probably isn't looking to make waves with his new job. As much as I hate it, he will not be the one to fire Bo or make any coaching changes.

We need a coach (and staff) who have balls. Who won't let off the pedal with 6 mins left in the half and try and be conservative every end of every half. We need a coaching staff who on 3rd and long with 1 mintue left in the half and the other team has a timeout left, won't just concede by running the 3rd failed rush play of the series, but at least attempt a pass for a first down while our passing game was still working. We need a coach that realizes he has another very valuable tool in the cupboard for our running game and if option A isn't producing at a point in the game then put in option B and who is averaging about 8-10 yards per carry. (Pelini did it 2-3 yrs ago with Helu and Rex, why not try it again since it worked back in the day?) We need a coach who will adapt to change and make adjustments. But most of all, we need a coach with a set of cojones!!!

What makes you think a new AD wont fire someone? Typically a new AD is much, much more prone to making changes.

Im not happy either. There are some changes that need to be made. If Bo wins 9 again this year and gets the boot, who is your guy?

UNL fired a 9 win coach already and couldnt get anyone to take the job until you know who got fired for the dumpster fire in Oakland.

So. Miss fired a guy with 9 wins and look where they are. I dont know what the answer is. Just food for thought.

Difference situations. Frank looked like he was moving in a positive direction away from what wasn't working. Bo seems to be stuck and from the looks of it, unwilling to change.

I agree its different situations. The perception will be the same though. I think. Id like to see them throw some serious money at Ssomeone though. Who knows, maybe Bo will wake up.

I think the national perception regarding Nebraska in 2003 was that it had hit a low in 2002, but was starting to adapt and recover.

Right now, the national perception of Nebraska is that it's on the way down, and fast.

I think this is a very good point.

Im not happy either. There are some changes that need to be made. If Bo wins 9 again this year and gets the boot, who is your guy?

UNL fired a 9 win coach already and couldnt get anyone to take the job until you know who got fired for the dumpster fire in Oakland.

So. Miss fired a guy with 9 wins and look where they are. I dont know what the answer is. Just food for thought.

Mack Brown or Jim Tressel