Monday Morning

Hunter94

Again, if he still stays hard-headed and refuses to change his staff he'll be gone IMO. If he changes his staff and puts the right people in place, he'll keep his job for a little longer to see if he can finally make the jump necessary here at Nebraska. Your call Bo, but you'll be forced to make that decision one way or another, it's as simple as that.

Again, if he still stays hard-headed and refuses to change his staff he'll be gone IMO. If he changes his staff and puts the right people in place, he'll keep his job for a little longer to see if he can finally make the jump necessary here at Nebraska. Your call Bo, but you'll be forced to make that decision one way or another, it's as simple as that.

I suspect that the AD (at the urging of big $ boosters) will give Bo an ultimatum like Solich was likely given at the end of the 7-7 2002 season...replace key positions in your staff or resign. Then he'll have a year to show better results.

Exactly.

The only thing that possibly saves Bo's job is if he cuts loose Paps and Beck now, not later. He has to acknowledge they have failed and set things in motion to fix it. More executing the process bs ain't gonna cut it anymore. I don't see Bo making the required changes (mostly because there hasn't been an announcement yet) so, I anticipate he will go down with the ship. In a way that's not a bad thing. I think that is much more his style.

The problem with the UCLA implosion was that it happened after Bo had multiple opportunities to revamp the staff. In every case he has taken the path of least resistance, promoted from within, and so any stay of execution he might have bought himself by overhauling the staff from the outside is automatically one of those too little, too late scenarios. HE promoted Beck, whose loaded offense can't get out of it's own way for three straight years. HE promoted Pap to D coordinator. What for? Was there no one better Nebraska could have afforded? (Add to that Pap's actual responsibilities are a complete mystery. Nebraska seems to be so flush with coaching talent that we can afford to have Bo managing a football empire and call the defense each week.)

Bo promoted Beck because he is just another puppet that he can control. Watson left because he did not believe in TMart as a QB and Bo forced him on Shawn, so Bo had to hire someone that would follow the TMart project on offense. That is why we have Beck as our OC. It doesn't matter who the DC was, Carl, Pap, they were/are all puppets for Bo's defensive playcalling.

The only thing that possibly saves Bo's job is if he cuts loose Paps and Beck now, not later. He has to acknowledge they have failed and set things in motion to fix it. More executing the process bs ain't gonna cut it anymore. I don't see Bo making the required changes (mostly because there hasn't been an announcement yet) so, I anticipate he will go down with the ship. In a way that's not a bad thing. I think that is much more his style.

At this point I think Bo would have to take over DC duties as well if I was the AD so i could see if in fact Bo could turn it around. That way we know who exactly the DC was. If Bo did succeed turning it around I would give the Bo the option of hiring a seasoned DC or risk losing his job to another one of Bo's friends with no experience the following year.

It is obviously too early to talk about replacing Bo, however if things don't get better by the end of the year, Mr. Eichorst will be getting phone calls from people who matter to take charge of the situation. Taking charge of the situation would include replacing the coaching staff. I think since the Solich firing and all the issues coming out of that, the only reason a head coach would be fired at Nebraska would be if the "The Streak" was in jeopardy or the big money demanded it. The first sign of end of “The Streak” is an apathetic fan base.

As a fan, I do not want to negatively impact the players, the young men don’t deserve my negative crap. I think they try their best and they put all they have into the game.

I put it on the coaches. I have always been a staunch Bo supporter, but when the fan base, me included, start to become apathetic, his job is in jeopardy.

The question is, how long do the players believe in Pelini and "The Process"? It's gotten them precisely squat, and as the years roll by, the results seem to be getting progressively worse. Nebraska is trending down, and there can be a snowball effect from losses like this.

Actually, Nebraska is holding steady not winning conference championships, but playing strong seasons with plenty of wins, and has been doing so for quite a while.

You're always singing the same song, especially after a bad loss. It's a long season, we weren't going to challenge for the national title, and our biggest Legends rival just missed losing to the Zips by about 2 feet.

I think you live for this bile and angst it's normal to feel after a bad game, but don't have much luck keeping your perspective.

I don't think Bo is safe...at all. I mean remember when Eichorst was hired? There was this big deal made about it just being all of a sudden and TO knew nothing about it (not saying that he needed to) and there was speculation that he was a hire that could look at Bo very critically and possibly make difficult decisions because the grumblings over Bo were already there at that time.

If Bo's issue is loyalty then I can respect that. He can find another job at a smaller school and do fine. But if it's really a control issue then he's got to let that go...be willing to say to his staff, look, we're in over our heads...we need some outside and more experienced perspectives....

It is obviously too early to talk about replacing Bo, however if things don't get better by the end of the year, Mr. Eichorst will be getting phone calls from people who matter to take charge of the situation. Taking charge of the situation would include replacing the coaching staff. I think since the Solich firing and all the issues coming out of that, the only reason a head coach would be fired at Nebraska would be if the "The Streak" was in jeopardy or the big money demanded it. The first sign of end of “The Streak” is an apathetic fan base.

As a fan, I do not want to negatively impact the players, the young men don’t deserve my negative crap. I think they try their best and they put all they have into the game.

I put it on the coaches. I have always been a staunch Bo supporter, but when the fan base, me included, start to become apathetic, his job is in jeopardy.

The question is, how long do the players believe in Pelini and "The Process"? It's gotten them precisely squat, and as the years roll by, the results seem to be getting progressively worse. Nebraska is trending down, and there can be a snowball effect from losses like this.

Actually, Nebraska is holding steady not winning conference championships, but playing strong seasons with plenty of wins, and has been doing so for quite a while.

You're always singing the same song, especially after a bad loss. It's a long season, we weren't going to challenge for the national title, and our biggest Legends rival just missed losing to the Zips by about 2 feet.

I think you live for this bile and angst it's normal to feel after a bad game, but don't have much luck keeping your perspective.

And those like you continue to miss the point. Losing isn't the problem.

Seems like almost all of the Nebraska fans are jumping on Bo Pelini and his staff. I think the major reason for the Bruin victory was that on both sides of the ball the Bruins had faster players than Nebraska did. Yes, recruiting is the responsibility of the coaches, so the current staff could be (and should be) criticized for not gettting players who are fast enough to compete with the better teams in college football.

But the recruiting issue aside,do any of you think that the outcome would have been any different if you could have magically swapped out the entire Pelini staff for any other Big 10 staff?

I agree...wondering, deep down inside...how to the players feel?

He wants to wait until Bo completely turns in Callahan performances. Now i will give Bo til the end of year to see if he turns it around but at the end of the season we lose big to NW and Mich he has to go.

In the big picture, sometimes "The Process" includes bringing in a new head coach. I don't want that, in part because of what it does to the players, but if the circumstances call for it, I am All In.

Sometimes keeping a head coach in place pays better dividends than replacing them. Nebraska is a prime example.

my perspective isn't just effected by losing...suddenly giving up 28 points and 500-600 yards per game does more than chap my ass...just a little!

He wants to wait until Bo completely turns in Callahan performances. Now i will give Bo til the end of year to see if he turns it around but at the end of the season we lose big to NW and Mich he has to go.

In the big picture, sometimes "The Process" includes bringing in a new head coach. I don't want that, in part because of what it does to the players, but if the circumstances call for it, I am All In.

Sometimes keeping a head coach in place pays better dividends than replacing them. Nebraska is a prime example.

insanity...doing the same thing over and over, while expecting a different result!

how much longer do we retain stability and yet see no promise of change?...