Pelini on Tommie Frazier "We don't need him"

True2tRA

I'm fine with it, we really don't need Tommie. This is Bo's team, if former players want to take swipes at him he should be able to defend himself.

+1

While I respect Tommy...he's taking a swipe at a program because it's not up to what it was when he played......

1. in a different conference

2. under a different coach

3. playing different oponents

4. in a different era of football

So, unfortunately...he lacks perspective....and while he has more than most of us being closer to the team and the program than we are...he still clearly has no idea what it takes to be a head coach.

I think Bo saying this is defending, not the program...but the players. Tommy disrespected them with his comments imho.

I started to read this thread and only got this far.

Tommie didnt disrespect the players, he was talking coaches. I side with Tommie on this. What he said had NOTHING to do with comparing to when he played. How do you make this sh#t up?

Tommie is right. How do you not make changes to ty and help the team. Why does Bo have to be so f'ing stubborn? He said nothing different than what 100 threads and 1000 posts have said right here on this board.

I hope that all ex players show there disgust for what has happened to this program over the last 6 years. Their voices are heard and our voices are not.

It's funny how in so many fans' eyes, Tommie's opinion of our current coaching staff means less than anybody else's opinion just because he has a poor overall record as a football coach. It just doesn't make sense. He sees the same product on the field that we do, and he has an opinion of it. Why is that wrong?

+1

I can't tell if you agree or disagree with me, but basically your last paragraph is exactly what I'm talking about. How can we talk the same talk that Tommie did, but when Tommie says it, it is disrespecting.

Once again, after 6 years of this product, it's time to put up or STFU. I have been a supporter of Bo through all of this, I'm done. This sh#t is aging me more than I care to be aged.

One of these guys needs to learn how to publicly versus privately handle situations where one has much more to lose than the other.

true enough. One is a highly paid professional expected to have diplomacy and the wherewithal to deal with public criticism. The other is a high profile fan. The standards/expectations for the former vastly exceed those of the latter.

Why is Tommie getting hammered for his opinion? Damon Benning does it and he doesn't get hammered like this.

Pelini says he didn't read the twitter post but comments on it like he did read it. I do not buy his BS that he doesn't read things or look into things. Obviously the players do and we as fans in this digital age don't help by pushing the panic button after a loss. Yes, I get it we're seeing a trend of blowout losses. That is on Bo alone he needs to make the ultimate sacrifice and clean house. If we come out stagnant against SDSU and look flat then yes, the fire will rise.

On Frazier, I think he was just letting out his emotions like any true fan does. We pay Pelini's salary and we deserve nothing but the best not looking flat in pivotal games. So, while I agree with Frazier, it wouldn't have hurt to edit himself a little. As for Bo, he should have just kept his mouth shut and said no comment or something like, "You know, I love our former players and I think it's great that they are passionate about this program as much as I am and the fans." Then there wouldn't be a media backlash like there is now.

This is the beginning of the end for Pelini. I was the biggest Pelini supporter up until the bowl game two years ago agianst South Carolina. At that point I became a little suspicious about the program but they were later solidified last year after the Ohio State game where we got throttled and then the last 3 losses pretty much have turned me off all together. Losing in fantastic fashion and now lashing out at anyone who questions what you do is a sign of desperation. This program is on life support right now the last thing Pelini should have done is bash Tommy Frazier. Not saying what Frazier did was right. But it would appear Pelini is now putting up a brick wall and boxing himself in, this isnt going to end well.

This is the beginning of the end for Pelini. I was the biggest Pelini supporter up until the bowl game two years ago agianst South Carolina. At that point I became a little suspicious about the program but they were later solidified last year after the Ohio State game where we got throttled and then the last 3 losses pretty much have turned me off all together. Losing in fantastic fashion and now lashing out at anyone who questions what you do is a sign of desperation. This program is on life support right now the last thing Pelini should have done is bash Tommy Frazier. Not saying what Frazier did was right. But it would appear Pelini is now putting up a brick wall and boxing himself in, this isnt going to end well.

:dunno

:dunno

Yeah, Pelini shouldnt even acknowledged that it happened or at least said something to the effect of what Red Is Power said.

This is the beginning of the end for Pelini. I was the biggest Pelini supporter up until the bowl game two years ago agianst South Carolina. At that point I became a little suspicious about the program but they were later solidified last year after the Ohio State game where we got throttled and then the last 3 losses pretty much have turned me off all together. Losing in fantastic fashion and now lashing out at responding to anyone who questions what you do is a sign of desperation. This program is on life support right now the last thing Pelini should have done is respond to Tommy Frazier bashing the coaches bash Tommy Frazier. Not saying what Frazier did was right. But it would appear Pelini the media and fans are is now putting up a brick wall and boxing himself Pelini in, this isnt going to end well.

ftfy

If true.....see bolded part.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/66570-deadspin-just-dropped-a-bomb/

• Fire 1

It doesn't matter if what Frazier said was spot on or the stupidest thing ever uttered. The point is, Bo is the face of the program and needs to act accordingly. Take the high road and focus on getting better. Don't fan the flames and let your emotion and defense mechanisms take over, at least in public. This whole us against the world mentality isn't working on any level, and it's going to catch up with him at some point.

• Fire 1

"...but even more important was the number of games where we were not competitive,” Osborne said. “At Nebraska, we always expect to compete at a very high level, and those expectations have not changed." -Tom Osborne 11/24/2007

092612-Nebraska-Tom-Osborne-PI-AA_20120926131552696_660_320.JPG

To disagree with the popular kids on HuskerBoard, the blowout or "BO-OUT" losses will get you canned.

• Fire 1

The correct response coming from Bo should have been, "Tommie was arguably one of the best if not the best college QB of all time and won two championships here at Nebraska. I know he's frustrated like we all are. We are doing out best and I feel confident in moving forward and having great success this season." Or something like this. A coach and representative of NU should know when to take the high road, can you imagine TO saying something like Bo did? I am sure the athletic department is none too pleased...

• Fire 1