South Dakota State: Let's talk about our next opponent

ladyhawke

We shouldn't play anyone who isn't in the same division as us. Playing SDSU after getting curb stomped by UCLA only adds insult to injury.

Yeah, I know they are a "plucky, tough little team that could sneak up on us if we aren't careful and give 100%!". I also remember them saying the same about George "Scrap Iron" Gadaski always putting up a scrappy fight against all the bad guy heavyweights in Pro Wrestling.

Games like Nebraska vs. SDSU is why they invented the fishing boat, because the lake will be a lot less crowded, especially with people tuning in to see if Bo sneaks up behind Tom Shatel and hits him with a chair (or vice versa), as used to happen in similar sporting events as referenced above.

My understanding is that this is the last FCS opponent for Big Red and it only came about due to a hole in the schedule created with the move to the Big 10. The Big 10 has come out and said they don't want these games in the future. As a Husker fan I agree with that but it makes the Jackrabbit side of me unhappy.

If I were a Jackrabbit fan, I would be thrilled to play Nebraska, and would do everything in my power to have such a game. Please don't take my disdain for Nebraska scheduling SDSU as including the Jackrabbits. I have the utmost respect for any team that is looking to upgrade the excitement for their fans and players.

If I were a Jackrabbit fan, I would be thrilled to play Nebraska, and would do everything in my power to have such a game. Please don't take my disdain for Nebraska scheduling SDSU as including the Jackrabbits. I have the utmost respect for any team that is looking to upgrade the excitement for their fans and players.

I didn't take it that way at all. Feel the same way exactly.

Tiny tiny SDSU stadium. Only 16,000 seats capacity. Home and home schedule? :rollin

cas-2.jpg

However, proposed renovation

Picture+6.png

The last time I was in Brookings, I thought there was some talk about a domed stadium?

There hasn't been any serious talk about a dome to my knowledge. They are in the process of building of the indoor practice facility now and the stadium is the next big project up to bat. Both facilities should be fantastic for FCS level football and the stadium will be expandable if necessary. Our current stadium is in its last few years of being used safely so something needs to be done.

My understanding is that this is the last FCS opponent for Big Red and it only came about due to a hole in the schedule created with the move to the Big 10. The Big 10 has come out and said they don't want these games in the future. As a Husker fan I agree with that but it makes the Jackrabbit side of me unhappy.

Don't worry. If you want to make your Jackrabbit side happy, tell your coach to watch WYO and UCLA tapes. Simple belly routes and short passes to your RB in the FLAT. If you see blitz, your RB will run all day. It's best to have an accurate QB that has some mobility. Good luck.

• Fire 1

Hey, Husker fans. I'm both an avid Jacks and Huskers fan so will give you my $.02 on the Jackrabbits. They are the only team I would wear anything but red for in Lincoln. The Jacks are a fundamentally sound football team. The offense is our strength. Great rushing attack mixed with a lot of play action. Solid O-line creates great holes for Zach Zenner. He's the real deal. Quarterback is a solid player and has adequate receivers. Our defense is young but playing well. The D-line and LB's are solid. Weak link is D-Backs but last week they had four picks. Have struggled to get pressure on the quarterback. Solid special teams play and a very good PK. The Jacks played N to 17-3 game three years ago. This Jackrabbit team is a lot better than that team. I know it sounds clichéd but they are coming to Lincoln to win the game. They are looking for a signature win to elevate the program. Big Red needs to be ready to play. Will they be? Isn't that the million dollar question. As a season ticket-holder for both, this is an exciting week. It's a big stage for SDSU. Yeah, and we're getting a much needed check. If the Huskers rally around the coach then I expect a fairly easy win for them. Bring the B or C game then watch out. Pelini was very complimentary of SDSU a few years ago. No way he is sleeping through this one. Should be interesting. My inner Husker is hurting but my inner Jackrabbit smells blood in the water and can't wait for the opportunity. Nothing like a game in Lincoln! See you Friday night! SUPERBUNNY

Welcome and thanks for the insight! It's so nice to finally be talking about football again! GO BIG RED!!

Watching the S.D.S. vs N.D. game on tv right now... Uhhhhh... Just like in 2010, these guys could give us some trubbbbble. Seem to be very well coached. Granted, it may just be North Dakota, but these Chackrabbitts are FAST on offense and their QB seems pretty confident in his play. Their defense 'seems' a little porous, but everyone seems pretty confident playing... GOBIGRED!!!