PJ Smith this AM on radio

A million or so Husker fans worshipping God that much more would not make the world a better place. I understand the thought here and how it pertains to the situation, but it's totally lacking in perspective and that makes it quite frankly unreasonable and irrelevant.

It is a little lacking...

But it still sounds nice ; P

Let's not make this into a religion or politics thread....

Ahh sh#t...it's about to be....in 3.....2.......1.........

A million or so Husker fans worshipping God that much more would not make the world a better place. I understand the thought here and how it pertains to the situation, but it's totally lacking in perspective and that makes it quite frankly unreasonable and irrelevant.

Agree with PJ on this one.

Nebraska football is the biggest religion in the state, and I don't say that as hyperbole.

Memorial Stadium is quite literally a place of worship.

If this message board is evidence of anything, which I believe it is, there are many fans out there that still support Pelini. Though he made a mistake, they're not throwing the towel in on him yet and understand the pressures he faces. This doesn't excuse what he did, of course.

Second, while I have the deepest respect for former Husker players from any era, and while I completely understand their supporting Pelini, some of this player reaction is frustrating. As a recent UNL graduate, I know first hand how many - not all - but many of the players carry themselves. Many love the fan attention, the attention from girls and the fact that they're treated like Gods. But when things go wrong, all of a sudden the media sucks and they want to be left alone.

I understand the mentality - people like coverage when things are going well and hate it when things are going bad. But, you can't have it one way over the other. What Pelini said is completely, 100%, wrong. There's no denying it. He's a public figure and so I completely understand those upset fans. I too was shocked, but I've forgiven Pelini and just want him to coach this team and figure out what's going wrong.

Agree with PJ on this one.

Nebraska football is the biggest religion in the state, and I don't say that as hyperbole.

Memorial Stadium is quite literally a place of worship.

Yes it is. And in way, he pretty much slapped that concept in the face.

What am I doing. This is a totally irrelevant comment and now I'm proceeding to discuss it. Damn me.

Because you don't need religion to be a kind person with a good moral compass.

Then what supplies the force that makes the needle of your "good moral compass" point North?

Or do we even need to have a consensus on which way is "North"? Maybe just paint the needle so that it's always facing 12 o'clock, then we will always be a kind person according to our own personal, moral compass.

I better stop now, this thread is heading south... :rolleyes: