Better Fanbases than Nebraska

carlfense

I personally think it's a little tasteless to anoint such a title onto yourselves.

It's like telling somebody "Hey, I'm more humble than you are".

We didn't. I forget the back story, but I believe it was Lee Corso who dubbed the fans "the greatest fans in college football." Pretty sure it was Steve Pederson who put that moniker on every entrance.

Thoughts? I can't really think of any. Our sellout records, our traveling fans, the commentary from fans of opposing teams, etc. seem to indicate that we are second to none.

Maybe Oklahoma? Never really heard anything bad about them during the rivalry days. I think we earn that label more for the hospitality we show on gameday towards opposing fans. I've never been to an an away game that is better. Kinda like going to a NASCAR race, doesn't matter who your driver is, everyone will offer you a beer.

Not Oklahoma. If they have a loss, they are calling for Stoops head worse then we do. They yell at freshmen on their second game for screwing up. If they lose more then 2 games in a season, expect the stadium to be half full if not worse. Living a few miles from their stadium, I can tell the difference in just traffic when they are good or bad.

This tit for tat gets no one anywhere does it?

What happened is 2 years in the past. Although I am sure that was not the only time he probably cursed "some of our fan base", (wait) for some of you "Our fan base", the biggest issue to me is the decision he made to vent in front of people outside of his circle. I suspect he has matured in the past two years and I believe we have all seen him being more reserved which should lead us to the conclusion that the statement they released today was factual (regarding) his behavior change.

I am one who has been supportive of Bo too and although my support waivers in times like the UCLA game (play calling and schemes); I believe that (if acted on appropriately by Bo) can be fixed. If it isn't, I suspect the support for him will dwindle and thus the ending result will be that "Some of the fan base" will revel in the "I told you so" while the rest of us will simply agree that its time for a change.