***** Osborne Speaks *****

GSG

Maybe. If I were in Eichorst's shoes and this came up on Monday, and then I get a call saying "Oh don't worry, we already knew about this and dealt with it" I'd be extremely confused for a while.

Or I would clearly understand it's from an incident before I was in the position of AD at Nebraska. I can't see where Eichorst would be confused about it happening and being dealt with prior to his hire.

I'd want to be well brief on any issues or potential ones, such as a damning piece of audio floating around that would cause a PR embarrassment, just to be able to prepare for it better. Rather than be blindsided.

Although...........................now that I think about it, maybe it was a savvy move by TO in that it protected both Harvey and Eichorst who can now say, "we didn't know about this before." T.O. dealt with it and he's not part of the athletic dept. anymore, so if there is any flak regarding how it was originally dealt, it isn't coming back on the current A.D.

• Fire 1

Yes, it is ugly. But Tom himself dealt with it. I doubt anyone was in the dark. I suspect Eichorst also knew, and the plan the whole time was set. When/if the tape comes out, we respond in vague fashion, and say we are concerned. Then we issue noncommittal press releases for a couple days to make it look like we are really reflecting on all this. Then we announce that Tom, the deity, already handled this, once the fans have a chance to think we really looked at this.

Really? More Tom worship, Tom can do no wrong. He spent years in DC...he's a politician, and this is 100% politics. Bolded the part that contradicts your theory.

After the comments were made public on Monday, I informed the Chancellor and Director of Athletics that I had become aware of the tape involving Coach Pelini last fall

unless the plan was to have Tom take the fall? doubt that.

Yeah, woah. I completely glossed over this in my first reading, but Osborne didn't tell Harvey about this until after it came out on Monday, a year after he 'dealt' with it privately with Bo.

What an incredibly awkward situation to put Harvey & Shawn Eichorst in as this became a full-blown public hoopla, and they're just finding out that they should have already known about it.

I hadn't caught that part earlier either. Eichorst is Pelini's boss, but Perlman is Eichorst's boss. This would be the second time Pelini and Perlman have butted heads.

Pelini has to at minimum make it to the CCG or he is done here.

I like Pelini and hoped he would coach here next season (with different coordinators). After learning the above from the newspaper today, I don't think he is going to get the chance.

Maybe. If I were in Eichorst's shoes and this came up on Monday, and then I get a call saying "Oh don't worry, we already knew about this and dealt with it" I'd be extremely confused for a while.

Or I would clearly understand it's from an incident before I was in the position of AD at Nebraska. I can't see where Eichorst would be confused about it happening and being dealt with prior to his hire.

I'd want to be well brief on any issues or potential ones, such as a damning piece of audio floating around that would cause a PR embarrassment, just to be able to prepare for it better. Rather than be blindsided.

Although...........................now that I think about it, maybe it was a savvy move by TO in that it protected both Harvey and Eichorst who can now say, "we didn't know about this before." T.O. dealt with it and he's not part of the athletic dept. anymore, so if there is any flak regarding how it was originally dealt, it isn't coming back on the current A.D.

could be, maybe not...doubt we will ever know for sure....my hope is this is not the tip of the iceberg....