***** Osborne Speaks *****

GSG

So because Tom knew about this a year ago it suddenly makes everything okay?

I'm failing to see the logic here...

Not OK. Just dealt with.

had this not been uncovered, Tom would not have said anything....what else is being hidden?

Not said anything to whom? He talked with Bo and it was dealt with. Unless you were higher up the chain than Tom...

Yeah, woah. I completely glossed over this in my first reading, but Osborne didn't tell Harvey about this until after it came out on Monday, a year after he 'dealt' with it privately with Bo.

What an incredibly awkward situation to put Harvey & Shawn Eichorst in as this became a full-blown public hoopla, and they're just finding out that they should have already known about it.

Yeah, woah. I completely glossed over this in my first reading, but Osborne didn't tell Harvey about this until after it came out on Monday, a year after he 'dealt' with it privately with Bo.

What an incredibly awkward situation to put Harvey & Shawn Eichorst in as this became a full-blown public hoopla, and they're just finding out that they should have already known about it.

Harvey perhaps but I'm not sure about Eichorst. I don't think you'd go through every situation you've been through with each coach. Unless you had reason to believe they might have to deal with it, which they didn't.

It's not like Bo threw a punch and knocked out some teeth or slashed my tires. Bo blows up, I am a sarcastic SOB, and everybody else all has a weakness or two when it comes to their mouth.

I don't look to Bo for spiritual or moral guidance, he is a football coach of one of the teams I watch. His biggest problem with me is no quarterback pressure, but then the shoe is on the other foot, becasue Bo doesn't look to me for defensive schemes approval...

What I am afraid of in the long run, is a game with Illinois, Northwestern going the route way, not saying it will, but if it does, do we hear chants like USC, Fire Pelini or will it be another word that starts with F. That would not be good for this program.

I agree that this is not over, it puts far more pressure on this team and staff down the road. Many are not happy about the tape, whenever it was made. I think it is bull that it was put out, but Tom and Bo both should have been proactive on this, rather than letting it hit. Hard to do I suppose. Well at least they spelled everyone's name right, lots of publicity.

Bo's history. And Tom's comments were typically first class and also typically positive. Go Tom bye Bo. Bo will perform to some degree in the next few months doing an important job NU needs done and he won't do very well as usually but he's already paid and he'd do better than if we dumped him now ( recruiting is f'd either way so....

I can't believe people are butthurt because Tom took care of this as soon as he was made aware of it while he was till the AD and didn't tell the masses.

Every human who says butthurt is............(figure that out genius). Anyway that was fast simple teaching you probably won't learn from. Grow up.

What the he** is it? What percent of Huskers fans are unhappy that maybe Dr. Tom did not address this well last year? If it's less than 20 percent your post is a waste of time.

• Fire 1

Well, put me down as one of those "dull fans" I guess.

Even with the blowouts, I don't see a need to fire a coach that probably wins 10 games or more this year. Even if we don't make it to a CCG or lose that one again.

The most I expect is: At the end of the year pressure is brought to bear on the coordinators, and some changes are made there. Or new faces in other areas.

When we are winning this much, I think we are better served by analyzing the blowouts and doing what we can and should to make them go away. Obviously we are usually beating the average teams. We need to figure out what is keeping us from winning the big ones.

Do we still employ a sports psychologist like Jack Stark in the 90's? If so, that person may need to improve their work, or we may need additional input on the psych side.

It's a complex organization, and it could be one relatively minor part that causes a problem to magnify into other seemingly unrelated areas. We have a lot of well paid experts on board. If they can't sort it out in 3-5 years, then I'll be ready to change the entire staff and take the inherent risks that are associated.

:yeah

all of it. could not agree more. and very well said.

Seriously.

What would those same people be saying if we now discovered that Tom knew about this a year ago and did NOT do anything?

This is a lose-lose or a win-win. I think it will prove to be a win.

Yes, it is ugly. But Tom himself dealt with it. I doubt anyone was in the dark. I suspect Eichorst also knew, and the plan the whole time was set. When/if the tape comes out, we respond in vague fashion, and say we are concerned. Then we issue noncommittal press releases for a couple days to make it look like we are really reflecting on all this. Then we announce that Tom, the deity, already handled this, once the fans have a chance to think we really looked at this.

How would the fanbase view the AD if an immediate announcement of support had been issued. Say, within hours of the tape's release? People would have been screaming louder than ever, saying NO ONE could have thought it through in that short of time.

I think they handled it as well as they could, and I think it had all been planned in advance.

Let's move on. We have a lot of games ahead.

Maybe. If I were in Eichorst's shoes and this came up on Monday, and then I get a call saying "Oh don't worry, we already knew about this and dealt with it" I'd be extremely confused for a while.

Or I would clearly understand it's from an incident before I was in the position of AD at Nebraska. I can't see where Eichorst would be confused about it happening and being dealt with prior to his hire.