Just wasn't sure where to put this (re: Bo's desire to be here)

Landlord

If anything good could have come from this (aside from lots of grown men using the word "tipster"), it would have been Bo getting in front of the camera for one appearance, putting aside all the coachspeak/PC nonsense, and addressing the media/fans in a brutally honest way. Just come out and say that his emotions towards the fans have been turbulent over the years and that he's learned to deal with it and appreciate the fans more in the last couple years, or something to that effect, assuming that was actually the case. It would have been great for him to just let his guard down, stop trying to craft each sentence and just say how he felt and how he feels now. I think most of us would have respected that, even if it wasn't all a positive message.

Unfortunately, he didn't take that route. He came out with an apology and a couple interviews that could have easily been written by a computer program. And almost every "sorry" was followed by the reminder that it was a private conversation in a heated moment, and not meant for the public. Yes, we know that. But the reality is that it's public now, for better or worse, and you can't close the box at this point. So how about honestly discussing the content of the message, rather than the circumstances. And I don't believe that anger is a good excuse, since angry words are often some of the most honest ones.

• Fire 1

If anything good could have come from this (aside from lots of grown men using the word "tipster"), it would have been Bo getting in front of the camera for one appearance, putting aside all the coachspeak/PC nonsense, and addressing the media/fans in a brutally honest way. Just come out and say that his emotions towards the fans have been turbulent over the years and that he's learned to deal with it and appreciate the fans more in the last couple years, or something to that effect, assuming that was actually the case. It would have been great for him to just let his guard down, stop trying to craft each sentence and just say how he felt and how he feels now. I think most of us would have respected that, even if it wasn't all a positive message.

Unfortunately, he didn't take that route, yet. He came out with an apology and a couple interviews that could have easily been written by a computer program. And almost every "sorry" was followed by the reminder that it was a private conversation in a heated moment, and not meant for the public. Yes, we know that. But the reality is that it's public now, for better or worse, and you can't close the box at this point. So how about honestly discussing the content of the message, rather than the circumstances. And I don't believe that anger is a good excuse, since angry words are often some of the most honest ones.

If you have a chance to be in the stadium saturday, do it.

Just a hunch.

• Fire 1

Unfortunately, he didn't take that route. He came out with an apology and a couple interviews that could have easily been written by a computer program. And almost every "sorry" was followed by the reminder that it was a private conversation in a heated moment, and not meant for the public. Yes, we know that. But the reality is that it's public now, for better or worse, and you can't close the box at this point. So how about honestly discussing the content of the message, rather than the circumstances. And I don't believe that anger is a good excuse, since angry words are often some of the most honest ones.

couldn't agree more....Bo had a chance to be real...he didn't take it.

Whatever Bo does is what Bo does. We can't pretend to know deep down what he truly feels. Perhaps he is starting to like it here (or he would've, if jerkbag mcleaker didn't screw that all up). We know he's a very loyal guy to his staff and his players. Perhaps loyalties grow really quickly in some cases for him and really slowly in others.

If he desires to go somewhere else, and they want him, then I have no qualms against the man. This is a business, and his family and his' interest is paramount.

We may not be "back"...but whatever happens, we can always appreciate what he did in giving us at least some respectability as a program after the Callahan years. Heck, I don't even hold anything against Callahan. They're all just people like us.

For now, let us see how this season goes. Perhaps Bo will lead us to some glory and stay to take us on a great run of many years of conference titles, big wins, and even a national title here and there. Perhaps the team will fall apart this year, and Bo will be out the door. Perhaps he'll do well enough to get a better offer (in his mind) somewhere else.

Let's just enjoy this season as it goes.