Government Shutdown

I'm definitely more left than right-wing in my politics, but I was one of the few who didn't think a Romney presidency would have been an unmitigated disaster. He governed in a New England state, and I have a feeling--just a suspicion--he would have been a pretty centrist president.

Maybe. My main fear regarding a Romney victory can be summed up in three words: Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Regarding the Supreme Court, the Democrats were fighting to maintain the status quo. The Republicans had a chance at a pivotal shift.

• Fire 1

The house is worse than a college student that procrastinates their graduate thesis until the night before, works on it a few hours, then goes off and gets hammered, sleeps through class, and finally begs the professor for extension...and it will still be a flaming piece of crap, if it ever is finished.

Always the inevitable outcome. But we had to embarrass ourselves in front of the world first, not to mention cause ourselves untold amounts of damage in the world's economic markets.

And we get to do it all over again in January!

Unless someone thinks the Tea Party will become sensible by then....Or Boehner grows a backbone.... Neither are likely.

lol GOP

willy-wonka-good-day-sir.png

Boehner is practically a national hero at this point; he's so screwed within his own party because of the lol Tea Partiers and in order to do the right thing and save the country he basically had to take one for the team; think Aaron Rodgers stepping into a throw as Patrick Willis is about to remove his head from his body. Only difference is that Boehner takes the hit from the other team (conceding to Dems) and then has to pull himself off the turf and get immediately pummeled by his own team.

Can you imagine what might happen if Boehner gets ousted as speaker and we reach this same point again? We would have a good chance of default. This is idiocy.

• Fire 1

Much as I don't like Boehner on a personal level as a career politician and general sleazeball that's only interested in power, and probably $ post-public life, I don't think anyone could even get that caucus to agree that the sun rises in the east. There's true believer TP'ers, TP'ers that are worried about an even more extreme primary challenger, mainstream Republicans, and a few token moderates from Democratic-leaning districts. The liberal wing of the Democratic party stomps their feet and makes a lot of smoke when they are required to moderate on legislation, but nothing like what the Republicans have been doing.

Adding insult to injury, Feinstein hides a 3 billion dollar pork spending in the bill?

Can't we fire all of congress and start over?

That money is going to Mitch McConnell's district, not Feinstein's. How would putting that money into McConnell's state not help him? Republican Senator Lamar Alexander publicly supported adding this money. A Republican senator comes out in public support of an addendum that will pump billions of dollars into another Republican Senator's state, and this is some how Dianne Feinstein's fault? Her state is 2,000 miles away from where this money will be spent.

How does that make any sense?

Funny story to all this - McConnell was one of the people most directly involved in the negotiations of this 11th-hour bill. And the money being spent will go, partially, to his state.

That's not fishy at all, though.