Government Shutdown

Full disclosure - I actually own that red shirt with the US outline/American flag. The wife bought it for me at Wal-Mart, and different sizes of the same shirt for the whole family out of some bizarro-world belief that having everyone wear the same t-shirt for the Fourth of July would be "neat."

I have never worn this shirt.

it is a lovely shirt, knapp. no shame.

Full disclosure - I actually own that red shirt with the US outline/American flag. The wife bought it for me at Wal-Mart, and different sizes of the same shirt for the whole family out of some bizarro-world belief that having everyone wear the same t-shirt for the Fourth of July would be "neat."

The shirt alone is probably ok (on the fourth of July). But throw in the hat band and handheld flag and no national Holiday and, well, it might be a bit much. Like Fran Drescher's voice is a bit much.....

• Fire 1

Actually, both are morons but I agree with your assessment of Palin.

is biden a moron just because palin is, so we need the equivocation to make everyone feel better? or do you have reasons to believe biden is actually unintelligent?

No, I pretty much came to both conclusions separately. Not all Dems are morons but this one is.

No, I pretty much came to both conclusions separately. Not all Dems are morons but this one is.

i guess my followup would be if you actually have reason to think he is unintelligent, or if you just do not like him as a politician or person (which would be fine, i am just trying to find the distinction)?

i guess my followup would be if you actually have reason to think he is unintelligent, or if you just do not like him as a politician or person (which would be fine, i am just trying to find the distinction)?

Purely my opinion. He has done way too many stupid things or said way too many stupid things to be as smart as some people think he is. Honestly, as much as I don't care for Obama as President, I'm afraid he is much better than Biden would be.

I do find it funny that Democrats were so embarrassed (rightfully so much of the time) with Bush and his gaffs but think Biden is just a lovable old man that would be a great substitute for Obama if something would happen.

Just like Bush, he would be a total embarrassment dealing with other world leaders.

Again, no real reason to argue the point, purely my opinion.

BWd9MsBIMAAR5AD.jpg

And the 4th of July was a letdown wasn't it?

I do find it funny that Democrats were so embarrassed (rightfully so much of the time) with Bush and his gaffs but think Biden is just a lovable old man that would be a great substitute for Obama if something would happen.

Just like Bush, he would be a total embarrassment dealing with other world leaders.

Bush was judged way too harshly for his gaffes, too. Hardly an incompetent man, but too easy to caricature. Neither is a total embarrassment in dealing with other world leaders. Quite the opposite.

The shirt alone is probably ok (on the fourth of July). But throw in the hat band and handheld flag and no national Holiday and, well, it might be a bit much. Like Fran Drescher's voice is a bit much.....

Yeah, but if you could get her to shut up... she's always been a favorite.

I don't believe any of the three people being discussed are "unintelligent". (Biden, Bush, Palin) So, if that is the definition you are using to define if someone is a moron, then moron is the wrong term. Each of those were smart enough to get where they were in the political system.

But, none of them come across to me as people who are or would be great leaders.

I don't believe any of the three people being discussed are "unintelligent". (Biden, Bush, Palin) So, if that is the definition you are using to define if someone is a moron, then moron is the wrong term. Each of those were smart enough to get where they were in the political system.

I haven't really seen much from Biden other than his gaffes. W. Bush was incompetent but probably not a moron. Palin hit the trifecta.

Anyone who thinks that she is something other than a moron isn't paying attention.

I haven't really seen much from Biden other than his gaffes. W. Bush was incompetent but probably not a moron. Palin hit the trifecta.

Anyone who thinks that she is something other than a moron isn't paying attention.

LOL...talk about disagreeing on something that is meaningless. I don't know of anyone on here who thinks she is good for America, should be in office or represents any side that anyone supports.

I think when it comes to Palin, there are lots of terms we could use to explain her that we all pretty much feel the same way. An absolute pathetic excuse of a political leader, representative and on and on and on...etc. However, she doesn't get to where she was by being unintelligent. Obviously, there are smarter people out there and there are smarter politicians, even other ones I disagree with.

LOL...talk about disagreeing on something that is meaningless. I don't know of anyone on here who thinks she is good for America, should be in office or represents any side that anyone supports.

I think when it comes to Palin, there are lots of terms we could use to explain her that we all pretty much feel the same way. An absolute pathetic excuse of a political leader, representative and on and on and on...etc.

. . .

Obviously, there are smarter people out there and there are smarter politicians, even other ones I disagree with.

Completely agree with the above.

However, she doesn't get to where she was by being unintelligent.

She did. Unfortunately. Although, I'd argue that she didn't get far (other than making a lot of money from rubes).