Big Red Breakfast Tweets

knapplc

Look, every single pass that TA completes tomorrow will get a HUGE roar from the crowd. Then in the end, his stats will have him completing around 60%, less than what TM does, but for some reason the fans will think it was an amazing accomplishment. Basically, it will be this big jizz fest for no real reason.

The more wow factor will come when he doesn't fumble every time he is tackled while running the ball. I'll take a few less completion points for more ball security.

You say this and then blame Beck for play calling with your next post. It can't go both ways. Beck's a little handcuffed with a fumbling machine, calls safe passes so be doesn't throw and int. it's fairly obvious.

Sorry I'm off the Tmart bandwagon. I will forever appreciate what he has done for this program, helping turn it around. He was fun to watch at times. But if you guys think there are aren't better options out there your nuts. I'm not going to sit, here and say they are on our roster , but we need to explore other options. Especially with the guy playing hurt.

If they aren't on the roster, they aren't an "option" at all, let alone a "better" one. So, No, we're not "nuts". However, I'm with you; I hope TA lights it up and earns the chance at extra practice reps during the bye week and possibly more. Not because I'm tired of Martinez or don't like him, it just means someone else has "stepped up". The staff, especially defense, talks of needing players to "step up". Just imagine if that trend started at the top, a.k.a. QB!

Alot of good stuff in this thread..........alot of which I agree with.

Ill just say TM is the PERFECT QB that makes me feel indifferent......which is a bad thing. He isn't terrible for the most part, but he isn't close to great for the most part either. He is "serviceable" and has his advantages when healthy. I will say this about all GREAT QB for Nebraska or any other program..........GREAT QBs have IT............it might not be the fastest speed, it might not be the stongest or most accurate arm......BUT THEY KNOW HOW TO WIN! Its a mental thing to me.........the inner confidence that you are better and you WILL lead your team to victory regardless.......its the QB IQ......regardless of what the offensive system is.......which makes the confidence grow because you are total comfortable with what is going on and YOU KNOW it will work. TM HAS NEVER HAD ANY OF THESE QUALITIES IMO. Yes he has had MOMENTS of being very good but in the next quarter looks lost. I just don't think he has the mental WHATEVER to take the team over the top and a GREAT QB has that (even though he might have less physical attributes) The "IT" factor is missing when it come to TM......I've said it in a 1000 threads, but it's true.........Frazier had IT coming out of his ears......Turner Gill had "IT" to a point.....even Scott Frost had "IT" to a point (remember that crazy MizzU game!)..........I don't know if TA has IT......but I know the bit I saw of him in the SM game made me tingle and I haven't felt that for a REALLY long time when it comes to NE QBs........hope the kid has a good week......it might be something special.....it might be IT!

Alot of good stuff in this thread..........alot of which I agree with.

Ill just say TM is the PERFECT QB that makes me feel indifferent......which is a bad thing. He isn't terrible for the most part, but he isn't close to great for the most part either. He is "serviceable" and has his advantages when healthy. I will say this about all GREAT QB for Nebraska or any other program..........GREAT QBs have IT............it might not be the fastest speed, it might not be the stongest or most accurate arm......BUT THEY KNOW HOW TO WIN! Its a mental thing to me.........the inner confidence that you are better and you WILL lead your team to victory regardless.......its the QB IQ......regardless of what the offensive system is.......which makes the confidence grow because you are total comfortable with what is going on and YOU KNOW it will work. TM HAS NEVER HAD ANY OF THESE QUALITIES IMO. Yes he has had MOMENTS of being very good but in the next quarter looks lost. I just don't think he has the mental WHATEVER to take the team over the top and a GREAT QB has that (even though he might have less physical attributes) The "IT" factor is missing when it come to TM......I've said it in a 1000 threads, but it's true.........Frazier had IT coming out of his ears......Turner Gill had "IT" to a point.....even Scott Frost had "IT" to a point (remember that crazy MizzU game!)..........I don't know if TA has IT......but I know the bit I saw of him in the SM game made me tingle and I haven't felt that for a REALLY long time when it comes to NE QBs........hope the kid has a good week......it might be something special.....it might be IT!

he has had 4 years to hone "it".........bad decisions and ball security are still his MO

I believe that Martinez could be a really really good QB if he really wanted it. He just always seems to get in his own way and not with just the TO's, or when things get really tough his injuries pop up. The guy has a lot of excuses, but it really boils down to how bad you want it, and as a QB your team will follow you if you lead fearlessly. IMO he should have came out and played as though it was the last of his career and he just didn't. He let another excuse get in the way.

Shame on you for implying that Taylor doesn't want it bad enough, with the work he's put in and the sh#t he's dealt with.

I agree. I'm anxious to see Armstrong to, but I will NEVER question Taylor's work ethic or will to win. But we have to realize, everyone has their limits. Have we seen Taylor's? Right now, the consensus seems to be yes.

Exactly what I was talking about Accountability, we have seen his limit and this is NOT the first time. I don't think Taylor wants to lose or is not trying to win as much as I believe when times get tough he folds and doesn't put in the effort to prove otherwise.

I believe that Martinez could be a really really good QB if he really wanted it. He just always seems to get in his own way and not with just the TO's, or when things get really tough his injuries pop up. The guy has a lot of excuses, but it really boils down to how bad you want it, and as a QB your team will follow you if you lead fearlessly. IMO he should have came out and played as though it was the last of his career and he just didn't. He let another excuse get in the way.

Shame on you for implying that Taylor doesn't want it bad enough, with the work he's put in and the sh#t he's dealt with.

I agree. I'm anxious to see Armstrong to, but I will NEVER question Taylor's work ethic or will to win. But we have to realize, everyone has their limits. Have we seen Taylor's? Right now, the consensus seems to be yes.

Exactly what I was talking about Accountability, we have seen his limit and this is NOT the first time. I don't think Taylor wants to lose or is not trying to win as much as I believe when times get tough he folds and doesn't put in the effort to prove otherwise.

he did have the come back win against OSU........but wins like that were rare.

Didn't we have 4 comeback wins just last year? That's a lot.

:dunno Rare?

The whole 2012 season was wins like that,

Do you even watch Nebraska football, or you just straight up trollin?