Pelini's Formal Apology

QMany

So you are saying 6 years is not enough to know if you have the guy you are looking for?

i do not think 6 years is necessarily enough, especially for a first time coach. bo has shown a lot. any reasonable person would know that the jury should still be out. and frankly, it is much less of a risk to give some more time to bo than to take a chance on a new hc.

• Fire 1

So you are saying 6 years is not enough to know if you have the guy you are looking for?

i do not think 6 years is necessarily enough, especially for a first time coach. bo has shown a lot. any reasonable person would know that the jury should still be out. and frankly, it is much less of a risk to give some more time to bo than to take a chance on a new hc.

So instead of getting a proven HC you are going to give Bo more time? I would agree with that if the blowouts were getting more competitive but they aren't.

you're competitive in the big games or you're gone.

Ah, yes....a reminder of the 70's when TO was getting beat regularly by OU (by 20+ points) and the late 80's and early 90's when TO couldn't win a bowl game for 7 straight years (wow!! 7 straight years).

Ok so during those time periods TO was losing to Oklahoma, Florida State and Miami (mostly on their home turf) and one of the seven was to Georgia Tech. He was losing to the uppercrust. Nothing to be ashamed of about that. And a 20+ point loss is not the same as letting schools rack up 40+.

And now...for the real argument. It's the way the team plays....losing AND winning. Sloppy. Sloppy. Sloppy. Players talking about how they didn't leave it all on the field and such...that's what most have issue with.

Yes, the sloppy play rebuttal. Since one of Pelini's blowouts was to an undefeated Ohio State team, do we put an asterisk on that like you are doing with the Georgia Tech game above for Osborne? And by the way, here's the scores from the OU games in 1973, 75 and 77. In 1973, OU 27, Nebraska 0. That's a 27 point differential and Nebraska was shut out. Probably a good thing there wasn't internet after that game. In 1975, OU 35, Nebraska 10. A 25 point differential. Ouch. In 1977, OU 38, Nebraska 7. (38-7=31) holy blowout Batman......it might be time to consider other coaching options.

But those were proven coaches against championship quality teams?? That it's not always greener over there is something to consider but something to also consider is that Bo knew being competitive against the best was the deal coming in and it would be wise for him to NOT try to hide behind stats from a bunch of cupcake games. At some point every fanbase is gonna say enough is enough and give somebody else a shot.

Pelini's blowouts have not been to cupcakes. Ohio State went undefeated and Meyer's name would be mentioned in the top 3 or 4 coaches in the college game today. One of our other blowouts was to a Russell Wilson led Wisconsin team.....and look what he's doing in Seattle. I don't like the blowouts any more than anyone else, but they were certainly not against bad competition.

So instead of getting a proven HC you are going to give Bo more time? I would agree with that if the blowouts were getting more competitive but they aren't.

i am not so sure we would get a proven hc. i think we would be back at square giving an up-and-coming (or, on-the-come, to use bo-speak), coordinator his first shot at a head coaching gig. maybe that is not the worst thing, maybe bo's time as run up, so i would say if bo has another 4 loss season, he gets a timeline to win the B1G. but under that scenario, i do not think 3 years would be unreasonable. at least 2.

• Fire 1

Pelini's blowouts have not been to cupcakes. Ohio State went undefeated and Meyer's name would be mentioned in the top 3 or 4 coaches in the college game today. One of our other blowouts was to a Russell Wilson led Wisconsin team.....and look what he's doing in Seattle. I don't like the blowouts any more than anyone else, but they were certainly not against bad competition.

I see you left out Wisconsin from last year...if Ohio St wasn't on probation we would have played them instead.

i am not so sure we would get a proven hc. i think we would be back at square giving an up-and-coming (or, on-the-come, to use bo-speak), coordinator his first shot at a head coaching gig. maybe that is not the worst thing, maybe bo's time as run up, so i would say if bo has another 4 loss season, he gets a timeline to win the B1G. but under that scenario, i do not think 3 years would be unreasonable. at least 2.

We could get a proven HC, TO didn't want to open up the pocket book.

I see you left out Wisconsin from last year...if Ohio St wasn't on probation we would have played them instead.

My point is to offer a generalization that we've been down a similar road before and stuck with a coach. It's not my agenda to crucify Pelini.

My point is to offer a generalization that we've been down a similar road before and stuck with a coach. It's not my agenda to crucify Pelini.

No we had beaten Wisconsin earlier in the season and then when it mattered we couldn't even keep close. something big happened in between.

We could get a proven HC, TO didn't want to open up the pocket book.

If dollars were equal, why would somebody like Saban choose someplace like USC or Texas (who has a worse record than us) over Nebraska?

How would you describe the Wyoming game? The worry today by people about JackRabbit State. The mood of the fans has changed. No real faith in what Bo is doing or that he knows how to correct it. That is the main concern for me. Ohio State is far superior in every aspect on the field, Michigan will most likely follow suit. My worries are more about Illinois, Iowa. We know that Michigan State, Penn State and Northwestern will come to play.

This is going to be the year for Bo. No more chances is my guess. He has made his bed, now he either $hits it, or makes the move required to save his job. Anyone that thinks Bo is on solid ground after the past 6 games is delusional at best.

For me, beat the teams we are supposed, play the players, the schemes best fit for our opponent. Get back to basics, make tackles, block and play every single play like it is the last with N on the side of your helmet. Right now he is not Nebraska's football coach, he is the players/team's football coach. He has to earn being our coach again. Many people are upset about his remarks, and that is going to linger for a very long time, but nothing cures that bitterness better than seeing our team play like we want them to.

Get this right Bo, this is really your only chance of keeping this job or moving on to the job you may want. Nebraska needs you to be what we hired you for.

How would you describe the Wyoming game? The worry today by people about JackRabbit State. The mood of the fans has changed. No real faith in what Bo is doing or that he knows how to correct it. That is the main concern for me. Ohio State is far superior in every aspect on the field, Michigan will most likely follow suit. My worries are more about Illinois, Iowa. We know that Michigan State, Penn State and Northwestern will come to play.

This is going to be the year for Bo. No more chances is my guess. He has made his bed, now he either $hits it, or makes the move required to save his job. Anyone that thinks Bo is on solid ground after the past 6 games is delusional at best.

For me, beat the teams we are supposed, play the players, the schemes best fit for our opponent. Get back to basics, make tackles, block and play every single play like it is the last with N on the side of your helmet. Right now he is not Nebraska's football coach, he is the players/team's football coach. He has to earn being our coach again. Many people are upset about his remarks, and that is going to linger for a very long time, but nothing cures that bitterness better than seeing our team play like we want them to.

Get this right Bo, this is really your only chance of keeping this job or moving on to the job you may want. Nebraska needs you to be what we hired you for.

That's all fine and I don't necessarily disagree. I would simply hedge a bet that if we lose Pelini, our next coach is likely to last less than 6 years.

If dollars were equal, why would somebody like Saban choose someplace like USC or Texas (who has a worse record than us) over Nebraska?

It's not about records. Saban doesn't care if he has the fans behind his back. The problem is he wins so the fans back him. He goes to USC or Texas for recruiting but if you win the recruits come to you.

It's not about records. Saban doesn't care if he has the fans behind his back. The problem is he wins so the fans back him. He goes to USC or Texas for recruiting but if you win the recruits come to you.

Interesting thoughts. Enjoy your day.