Pelini's Formal Apology

QMany

I'd be dropping f bombs at most officials we've seen this fall

I though Bo actually kept his calm really well during the UCLA game even with the terrible officiating. He really only chewed them out once and it was extremely tame compared to his history.

What does it take to get a holding call against an opponent???

I though Bo actually kept his calm really well during the UCLA game even with the terrible officiating. He really only chewed them out once and it was extremely tame compared to his history.

It doesn't help that two of the three games were not B1G refs. These home-and-away series need to end, IMO.

I'm all for agreement here, but said same set of officials then must turn a blind eye towards ARod, because he is getting away withas much if not more

No such thing as holding I'm afraid. You'd think a ref would take note when a defenders jersey is pulled off of his pad that something might be going on.

I'm all for agreement here, but said same set of officials then must turn a blind eye towards ARod, because he is getting away withas much if not more

Funny thing is he gets called a least twice a game it seems like.

Really? I've barely seen him get close enough to a defender to be able to touch them. :sarcasm

Seriously, you may be right but I haven't seen it from ARod. I didn't get to re-watch the UCLA game as closely as I would have liked (forgot to set my DVR), but I closely re-watched the first two games and didn't see anything - for sure not at the point of attack. However, there have been several times when one of our DLineman has his guy beat only to have his jersey grabbed just enough to slow him down. Not terribly blatant but definitely an illegal advantage gained such that I would think at least one of them would have been flagged.

Still didn't like the details in the conversation on USC yesterday.... Mike'l and John said they "knew" he tried for Ohio St., Penn. St., and Miami....

The Mike'l rant in the beginning of the Dirk Chatlein segment of today's podcast was interesting he made some great points.... He said (paraphrasing) that if he was a Nebraska fan he would be pissed that Bo looked for multiple jobs, and some fans are silly for believing that he didn't mean what he said.... Lots of fantastic points....

I guess they need something to fill air time. Pelini looking at other positions is a complete non-issue.

Non-issue in that it doesn't bother you, or that you don't believe he has looked at other jobs in the past?

In that it doesn't bother. Who cares if he looks for other jobs? What fantasy world are people living in?

I love my job and am always looking to see what is out there. It is what you are supposed to do.

The fan base is constantly calling for coaches heads and yet he isn't supposed to keep his options open? Ridiculous!

Coaches are hired to be fired. Any and every coach is stupid not to look and listen. If nothing else you can leverage a raise out of it.

The other side of that coin....I can guarantee you if my employers knew I was actively seeking a job elsewhere, they would be looking for my replacement and probably make the move before I could. So it's ok for Bo to look...but now we all know he is so I expect the university is doing their due dilligence. Bo may have accelerated things...

Don't go ape sh#t, don't yell at the refs, don't yell at the player. Yup, every "professional" coach keeps those in check at all times.

brian-kelly-scremaing-2_crop_340x234.jpg?1315770739

nick-saban-mark-may-the-devil-570x380.jpg

fickell-meyer.jpg

ScreenShot2012-10-27at1.33.06PM_crop_north.png?w=650&h=440&q=75

At least Brian Kelly has been to a National Championship, Urban's and Saban's records speaks for its self, and Will...don't care. Is yelling the modus operandi for coaches above? Do recruits want to come here so they can get yelled at on national TV?

I guess I see it a little differently. Win what we can, lose what we must but be competitive. No requirements of CC from me. I do not think we are even close to being the best team in the conference at this time, and will fall farther the longer Hoke and Meyer are recruiting. Just be competitive every game. I think we are expecting too much from him. The talent is not here to win this conference, but it is good enough to keep us in the park. That is all I expect and want. If it is better, fantastic.

We may have the 4th or 5th best staff at best in the conference. We are getting what we wanted, a firey defensive coordinator trying to learn to be a good head coach. Time will tell if he can be.

I disagree that we don't have the talent to win the conference this year. We lack the fundamentals to win the conference this year...the same lack of fundamentals we've had for the last 2 years. Can win games if you can't tackle properly, or protect the football, or constantly get bad penalties, or don't play your quarterback's strengths...it's ALL coaching. Period.

Don't go ape sh#t, don't yell at the refs, don't yell at the player. Yup, every "professional" coach keeps those in check at all times.

brian-kelly-scremaing-2_crop_340x234.jpg?1315770739

nick-saban-mark-may-the-devil-570x380.jpg

fickell-meyer.jpg

ScreenShot2012-10-27at1.33.06PM_crop_north.png?w=650&h=440&q=75

At least Brian Kelly has been to a National Championship, Urban's and Saban's records speaks for its self, and Will...don't care. Is yelling the modus operandi for coaches above? Do recruits want to come here so they can get yelled at on national TV?

So you can only yell if you've won a national title or been there? Oh, ok.

• Fire 1