Pelini's Formal Apology

QMany

Coach's Corner: A Letter from Bo Pelini

There is no better time than right now for me to personally thank you for your support of Nebraska Athletics and Nebraska Football.

This past week has obviously been a difficult one for many people associated with the University of Nebraska and our football program. I wanted to take this opportunity to say I regret the comments that I made in private two years ago, and apologize to Husker fans everywhere.

We all make mistakes in our lives, both personally and professionally, and like everyone else I am human. The important thing is to learn from your mistakes and correct them to improve yourself as a person. I hope you can see that I have done that and continue to strive to improve each day.

Most importantly, I want all of you to know that my comments in 2011 were not in any way representative of my true feelings about our great fans and donors here at Nebraska. The time, energy, money and passion you invest in our football program and all of our athletic programs is second to none.

It is an honor to lead our football team into Memorial Stadium in front of more than 91,000 fans for each home game. It never ceases to amaze me how many of you show up on the road, no matter where we travel. That type of fan support makes a difference and certainly does not go unnoticed.

On the field, we have the opportunity to be a good football team. Last week’s game wasn’t the result any of us were looking for, but we will bounce back. There is still a lot of football to be played and I like the attitude of this football team.

I appreciate the support of Chancellor Perlman and Shawn Eichorst, and once again the support that all of you provide for our athletic programs. Your support makes it possible for student-athletes, coaches and staff to have a great experience at Nebraska, and provides us with every opportunity to succeed.

Thank you and Go Big Red!

Bo Pelini

http://www.huskers.c...hq_v=0dff285261

Some will probably still find something to b*tch about, but this sounds great to me.

GBR

BFP

Nice that it was done, but I doubt he actually wrote this. I've been with enough sports organizations to know how this works. They had a PR person write this and he just signed off on it. This is just UNL covering its bases.

• Fire 1

I guess I see it a little differently. Win what we can, lose what we must but be competitive. No requirements of CC from me. I do not think we are even close to being the best team in the conference at this time, and will fall farther the longer Hoke and Meyer are recruiting. Just be competitive every game. I think we are expecting too much from him. The talent is not here to win this conference, but it is good enough to keep us in the park. That is all I expect and want. If it is better, fantastic.

We may have the 4th or 5th best staff at best in the conference. We are getting what we wanted, a firey defensive coordinator trying to learn to be a good head coach. Time will tell if he can be.

• Fire 1

Just an observation, but it have seems that this whole "leakgate" may have actually helped Bo's s stance as the head coach. Just prior to the leak of this tape, it seemed everyone was calling for his head (and at this point, I think you guys may be right--won't go into that), the leak issue happened and now it seems he has a gigantic contingent of defense from the same people calling for his head. I totally understand the dynamic of it and am not making a judgment call on any of it, just funny observation of the dynamics of college football.

Coach's Corner: A Letter from Bo Pelini

There is no better time than right now for me to personally thank you for your support of Nebraska Athletics and Nebraska Football.

This past week has obviously been a difficult one for many people associated with the University of Nebraska and our football program. I wanted to take this opportunity to say I regret the comments that I made in private two years ago, and apologize to Husker fans everywhere.

We all make mistakes in our lives, both personally and professionally, and like everyone else I am human. The important thing is to learn from your mistakes and correct them to improve yourself as a person. I hope you can see that I have done that and continue to strive to improve each day.

Most importantly, I want all of you to know that my comments in 2011 were not in any way representative of my true feelings about our great fans and donors here at Nebraska. The time, energy, money and passion you invest in our football program and all of our athletic programs is second to none.

It is an honor to lead our football team into Memorial Stadium in front of more than 91,000 fans for each home game. It never ceases to amaze me how many of you show up on the road, no matter where we travel. That type of fan support makes a difference and certainly does not go unnoticed.

On the field, we have the opportunity to be a good football team. Last week’s game wasn’t the result any of us were looking for, but we will bounce back. There is still a lot of football to be played and I like the attitude of this football team.

I appreciate the support of Chancellor Perlman and Shawn Eichorst, and once again the support that all of you provide for our athletic programs. Your support makes it possible for student-athletes, coaches and staff to have a great experience at Nebraska, and provides us with every opportunity to succeed.

Thank you and Go Big Red!

Bo Pelini

http://www.huskers.c...hq_v=0dff285261

Some will probably still find something to b*tch about, but this sounds great to me.

GBR

BFP

Nice that it was done, but I doubt he actually wrote this. I've been with enough sports organizations to know how this works. They had a PR person write this and he just signed off on it. This is just UNL covering its bases.

signed, Dr. Tom

I truly hope everyone can put this to rest. Support the team. Make the place rock! Scream your lungs out at the game.

I did find this one sentence in Pelini's statement extremely interesting, "I want all of you to know that my comments in 2011 were not in any way representative of my true feelings about our great fans and donors here at Nebraska."

Hummmmmmmm! Wonder what that means? I betting Eickhorst knows.

I truly hope everyone can put this to rest. Support the team. Make the place rock! Scream your lungs out at the game.

I did find this one sentence in Pelini's statement extremely interesting, "I want all of you to know that my comments in 2011 were not in any way representative of my true feelings about our great fans and donors here at Nebraska."

he could have left that out...pretty obvious cow toe to the boosters.

News flash, universities depend on donor funds, whether its sports or academics. Would it be wrong for Chancellor Perlman to thank the donor for the X school of whatever? Just two weeks ago (or something like that) Stephen Ross gave another boatload of money to Michigan's business school and it's athletic department b/c he cares about his alma mater; they said thanks in a big way, nothing wrong with that.

So, I ask: why is it wrong for Pelini to thank people that fund the team? If he isn't breaking rules there is no issue with saying "thanks."

Not a lot of love here.

His looking at other jobs could have been nothing more than his agent putting out feelers.

Bo knows he is damaged goods right now and the only way to get back in good graces with the fans and the rest of the football world is to keep his head low and win.

Personally I think he has to lose no more than one more game this year or he may be out

Thanks Keith Mann, err "Bo Pelini", for the apology. Moving forward, do the Bo Pelini antics continue? Will Bo continue to drop F bombs on the sideline, on his players, and refs? Lets hold him to his word and see if his boorish behavior changes under the magnifying glass now that ALL eyes are watching even closer.

Look at Jim Mora Jr., that guy is a straight G. Kept his cool, stayed composed, motivated his players then came back and dropped 35 on us. Is the fan fan base asking too much wanting a professional on the sidelines? A coach who won't go ape sh#t when it goes sour? That negitativty becomes pandemic and it starts with Bo. If he can get a B1G title, awesome, if not well the door is right there.

• Fire 1

Thanks Keith Mann, err "Bo Pelini", for the apology. Moving forward, do the Bo Pelini antics continue? Will Bo continue to drop F bombs on the sideline, on his players, and refs? Lets hold him to his word and see if his boorish behavior changes under the magnifying glass now that ALL eyes are watching even closer.

Look at Jim Mora Jr., that guy is a straight G. Kept his cool, stayed composed, motivated his players then came back and dropped 35 on us. Is the fan fan base asking too much wanting a professional on the sidelines? A coach who won't go ape sh#t when it goes sour? That negitativty becomes pandemic and it starts with Bo. If he can get a B1G title, awesome, if not well the door is right there.

Oh, who f*****g cares. That's who he f*****g is. F***k!

I agree with that guy on KFAB....this whole thing has been a girlie soap opera. Who cares what he vented about two years ago. The deal was and is ....you're competitive in the big games or you're gone.

That's largely what it comes down to. My gut tells me that if Pelini is still here come next year, and doesn't win a conference title this year, he's on the chopping block. In many ways he's on the death walk towards the chopping block right now. Divisional titles aren't enough anymore when you haven't won a conference title since 1999, and I think that's just the reality of the situation. I mean 2013 was supposed to be "the year" for Nebraska, and has been "the year" for the last few years. One thing led to another and they're apparently nowhere near where they thought they'd be, and that was before everything that happened this this week.

Nebraska fans would be more than capable of waiting for a title shot for several years, as long as they were winning conference titles. I have a very tough time believing Pelini will make it to year 8 or 9 without a conf. title. I know they've had a lot of extenuating circumstances that have led to a lack of depth, or what have you, but more than half a decade is a fairly good barometer for how good a coach is.

I don't know if there's a set goal like a conference title when it comes to keeping support of the fans and donors but I do know that coaching at a school like Nebraska means appearing to have a chance to win every big game against equal or better competition....as opposed to having our ass handed to us and discussing our many failings. Even the great Coach McBride had some tough days against teams that were gunning for us and brought their A game, but I don't remember the shellackings we've been getting since he retired. We're still holding out hope that the biochemistry department will perfect their cloning process.