Papuchis: "I was stunned"

I know the defense is bad. But, ( there is always a but) offenses now days are designed to get more yards. Even Alabama gave up almost 300 yards against CSU.

The defense made 6 consecutive stops when it counted. They made adjustments yesterday.

they played SDSU yesterday, the B1G will tear our asses up.

Yes, Michigan tore up Akron and Connecticut.

not sure, but did they give up 500 yards to those teams in a close game?

Didn't look and don't really care. I looked at scores, not yardage. Wyoming beat Air Force last evening 56-23. I have no idea how many yards Wyoming or Air Force had.

looked it up for ya...Michigan defense gave up a total of 206 yards....there is no way in hell our D plays that well against anyone for the rest of the year...that is a defense, my friend.

I know the defense is bad. But, ( there is always a but) offenses now days are designed to get more yards. Even Alabama gave up almost 300 yards against CSU.

The defense made 6 consecutive stops when it counted. They made adjustments yesterday.

they played SDSU yesterday, the B1G will tear our asses up.

Yes, Michigan tore up Akron and Connecticut.

not sure, but did they give up 500 yards to those teams in a close game?

Didn't look and don't really care. I looked at scores, not yardage. Wyoming beat Air Force last evening 56-23. I have no idea how many yards Wyoming or Air Force had.

FYI Wyoming had 622 total yards :mellow:

looked it up for ya...Michigan defense gave up a total of 206 yards....there is no way in hell our D plays that well against anyone for the rest of the year...that is a defense, my friend.

I am unbelievably excited for Michigan. I'm sure Hoke feels great about their last two wins, but I don't know Hoke so that's speculation on my part.

This is laughable right here. One week after almost losing to Akron, they give up 21 points to the juggernaut that is 0-3 UConn and that is defense? Smh

• Fire 1

This is laughable right here. One week after almost losing to Akron, they give up 21 points to the juggernaut that is 0-3 UConn and that is defense? Smh

He is right in one part, no way we only give up 206 to anyone.

don't know about turnovers or short field for UCON, but 3 scores and 21 points can't contain very many long drives...I will take MU Defense, you may keep ours......

don't know about turnovers or short field for UCON, but 3 scores and 21 points can't contain very many long drives...I will take MU Defense, you may keep ours......

Oh give me a break. Did you see how many short fields UCLA had last week? And people on this board said you can't blame the offense for the defense not being able to stop anyone. But its okay to make that same excuse for Michigan defense, but not Nebraska?

And I will keep our defense bc they have the potential to be very good in the coming years. If you can't see that, you need to go get your eyes checked.

Oh give me a break. Did you see how many short fields UCLA had last week? And people on this board said you can't blame the offense for the defense not being able to stop anyone. But its okay to make that same excuse for Michigan defense, but not Nebraska?

And I will keep our defense bc they have the potential to be very good in the coming years. If you can't see that, you need to go get your eyes checked.

I know, we live on potential..MU lives on reality....I get a little restless waiting for potential to develop....sigh....we are always gonna be better...when?

I know, we live on potential..MU lives on reality....I get a little restless waiting for potential to develop....sigh....we are always gonna be better...when?

Reality of what? Almost losing to some of the worst teams in FBS? Michigan looked impressive against ND until everyone figured out how overrated that team is, so now that win doesn't look as good. And they have looked like complete ass the last two weeks. If that is good to you, im glad I dont live in your "reality"

Reality of what? Almost losing to some of the worst teams in FBS? Michigan looked impressive against ND until everyone figured out how overrated that team is, so now that win doesn't look as good. And they have looked like complete ass the last two weeks. If that is good to you, im glad I dont live in your "reality"

Because close games against crappy teams never happen? We have a handful of those.

It looks like the defense is too complicated for the players we have. I don't know if that means we have not very smart players or too complicated of a scheme, or a lot little of both, but there is a definite gap between what the defensive players are asked to do and what they are capable of doing at the present time.

How to fix it...? Keep dumbing down the offense while throwing the dumbest people on the bench, I guess...

• Fire 1

Pap and co are "stunned" because SDSU came out passing a little. And this coaching staff has a serious addiciton to game film. If it ain't on tape, they don't plan for it. And so when, say, Wisconsin comes out with jet sweeps, or SDSU starts passing, and, my Heavens, if a formation looks foreign, then pages get rifled through, players get torched, and off we go.

It's probably the same reason things are held back so much or seldom used on the offensive side of the ball. They don't want it on that precious game film, never mind other coaches aren't nearly as hooked as they are.

It started as a red flag a few years ago but in my opinion this is the biggest coaching flaw on the staff.

• Fire 1