Would You Be Surprised.....?

there is some merit to not just losing....but getting our ass handed to us.

The infamous peaks and valleys of the Pelini era. I'm confident I'll be telling plenty of stories about the great games/plays of the last 6 years (Colt toss) well into the future...but at the same time I'll be scare to bring the era up with anyone because of the inevitable discussion of Wisconsin, or the outbursts. 10 years from now will his last 6 years be more defined by games like the championship game against Texas, or the championship game against Wisconsin? At this point, i'm going w/ the latter.

A lot of how this era is remembered really comes down to how we perform from here on out. TO had some epic fails, but no one ever really bothers to mention them. Had he retired in the early 90's, his era would probably be remembered for the eight bowl losses in a row. It wasn't like TO didn't have some problem games late in his career either. The 2006 Big 12 title game comes to mind where he was out coached and beaten by unranked Texas. Had we won that game, it's highly likely we were playing for a NC. If Bo goes on to win the B1G, a lot will be forgotten. If he'd happen to win a NC, more people will remember the game against Texas over the game against Wisconsin.

there is some merit to not just losing....but getting our ass handed to us.

The infamous peaks and valleys of the Pelini era. I'm confident I'll be telling plenty of stories about the great games/plays of the last 6 years (Colt toss) well into the future...but at the same time I'll be scare to bring the era up with anyone because of the inevitable discussion of Wisconsin, or the outbursts. 10 years from now will his last 6 years be more defined by games like the championship game against Texas, or the championship game against Wisconsin? At this point, i'm going w/ the latter.

A lot of how this era is remembered really comes down to how we perform from here on out. TO had some epic fails, but no one ever really bothers to mention them. Had he retired in the early 90's, his era would probably be remembered for the eight bowl losses in a row. It wasn't like TO didn't have some problem games late in his career either. The 2006 Big 12 title game comes to mind where he was out coached and beaten by unranked Texas. Had we won that game, it's highly likely we were playing for a NC. If Bo goes on to win the B1G, a lot will be forgotten. If he'd happen to win a NC, more people will remember the game against Texas over the game against Wisconsin.

You do know that the 1996 (not 2006) Texas game was known as the "flu" bowl

MORE THAN Half our team was crushed by the flu in that game- it wasnt a coaching issue

I hear a lot of people talking about our favorable Big 10 schedule and why it's realistic to expect another 9 or 10 win season.

And I gotta admit, that schedule is about as easy as the Big 10 will ever come.

But how confident do you really feel about beating Illinois and Minnesota? Watching this team this season, can you automatically check a win next to any of the upcoming opponents?

I like our chances of pulling it together and finishing stronger, but I don't see anything easy about the next few weeks.

But I will go on record as saying there's no way an offense is hanging 500 yards on the Husker D this Saturday.

I hear a lot of people talking about our favorable Big 10 schedule and why it's realistic to expect another 9 or 10 win season.

But how confident do you really feel about beating Illinois and Minnesota? Watching this team this season, can you automatically check a win next to any of the upcoming opponents?

I like our chances of pulling it together and finishing stronger, but I don't see anything easy about the next few weeks.

But I will go on record as saying there's no way an offense is hanging 500 yards on the Husker D this Saturday.

bye weeks are fun, aren't they?

When I see this, it almost seems as though we're being baited into comparing this year to 2007. Our schedule in 2007 was the 12th toughest in the country. This year, the schedule hardly seems even remotely comparable. If we have any more than three losses before the bowl game, it would be very disappointing.

Look at this and let's draw parallels and pontifications about the rest of the season.

Rs16GCl.jpg

I'd say this could be as hard as our Big Ten schedule will ever be again. We are playing MSU, PSU, and Michigan. We are going to pick up a Wisconsin but likely will not have two other big programs (tOSU, UM, MSU, or PSU) from the East again in the same year.

Throw in a pretty darn good Top-20(15) UCLA team. This schedule isn't as "easy" as every one makes it out to be. It is "easier" than our murderers row we've had the last two years.

I'd say this could be as hard as our Big Ten schedule will ever be again. We are playing MSU, PSU, and Michigan. We are going to pick up a Wisconsin but likely will not have two other big programs (tOSU, UM, MSU, or PSU) from the East again in the same year.

Throw in a pretty darn good Top-20(15) UCLA team. This schedule isn't as "easy" as every one makes it out to be. It is "easier" than our murderers row we've had the last two years.

Yes, yes it is as easy as everyone is saying it is. Murderers row? 2007 was one tough schedule and I don't recall a single Husker fan calling that murderers row. Bo has been on the receiving end of some seriously easy schedules

I don't see how you'd get much argument that this is a down period for the Big Ten compared to other conferences, and that replacing Ohio State and Wisconsin with Illinois and Purdue works in Nebraska's favor.

I'm not saying the Big Ten is creampuffs. Just saying it probably won't get any easier for the Huskers than it is right now in 2013.

Husker fans aren't happy where their team is right now, but Michigan, MSU and Penn State fans are feeling the same way. Pretty sure Wisconsin won't settle for another 5 loss season, either. These are all programs that expect to be relevent, and will turn out a coach not delivering the goods.