OWH: Armstrong's quick success shocks no one who's coached him

jmfb

There isn't a single play in the play book that Ronnie can't run. The outcome may be a little different than if Taylor were in, such as only a 4-5 yard run instead of a 20 yarder, but he can run the entire offense. If anything we can run more of the offense because of his passing ability.

But Tommy will still start the next two weeks and I would guess play the majority of the snaps unless we have to get into a passing game only mode.

I agree. I think Tommy is the better qb, but Ron would be starting at a very large amount of other FBS schools. He's no slouch.

I love RKIII but if its close in the 4th quarter he won't play. TA is the guy who "finds a way".

Listened to DB the other day and he had Jay Foreman on. Jay commented on Bo's comments about having to listen to doctors and trainers ref Martinez. He said (paraphrase of Bo) "Martinez can throw with a hurt foot, but he needs to be 100%. He needs to be able to plant his foot and go". Jay said this was Bo calling Martinez out. Saying he expects Martinez to go all out and be all in. Something possibly missing from the first few games. Jay said was Bo was "calling him out".

Jay said if a coach told him that, he would play like a man possessed. A coach couldn't get me off the field, hurt or not.

Unsure if Bo was calling him out, but I do think he hasn't been 100% all season.

If he is 100%, he starts. If not, TA goes. If Martinez gets behind the chains so to speak later in the season, I expect TA to go in.

Why is Santo at MIKE instead of his more natural position?

They thought coming into the year that he knew the defense best and would be able to help the young guys. Also, we haven't had much need for a traditional OLB so far this year and probably won't for three more games. I don't think covering slot receivers is his specialty so that's about the only place he can get on the field right now.