2013-2014

Against last year's schedule, perhaps Kent St., UTEP and maybe some combination of Purdue, Illinois and Iowa. 3-4 more wins would have been possible. But a couple other games could have been losses as well.

This year's non-con looks tougher with Florida Gulf Coast, Miami, Creighton and Cincy instead of just Creighton and Oregon as tougher tests. Another loss or two in those games means we'd have to pick up 5-6 more wins in conference to improve very far and that's a tall order right now.

Fri, Nov 08 Florida Gulf Coast- WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena 8:00 p.m. BTN/BTN2Go.com Husker Sports Network Tue, Nov 12 Western Illinois-WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena 7:00 p.m. BTDN (Big Ten Digital Network) Husker Sports Network Sun, Nov 17 South Carolina State-WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena 2:00 p.m. BTDN (Big Ten Digital Network) Husker Sports Network Charleston Classic Thu, Nov 21 UMass-WIN at Charleston, S.C. 11:30 a.m. ESPN3 Husker Sports Network

promotions.gif Fri, Nov 22 New Mexico/UAB- WIN at Charleston, S.C. TBA Husker Sports Network promotions.gif Sun, Nov 24 TBA (Clemson, Davidson, Georgia, Temple)-LOSS at Charleston, S.C. TBA Husker Sports Network promotions.gif spacer.gif Sat, Nov 30 Northern Illinois-WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena 12:00 p.m. BTDN (Big Ten Digital Network) Husker Sports Network ACC/Big Ten Challenge Wed, Dec 04 Miami-WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena 8:30 p.m. ESPNU Husker Sports Network spacer.gif Sun, Dec 08 Creighton-LOSS at Omaha, Neb. 5:00 p.m. Fox Sports 1 Husker Sports Network Sat, Dec 14 Arkansas State-WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena 3:00 p.m. BTN Husker Sports Network Sat, Dec 21 The Citadel-WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena 7:30 p.m. BTDN (Big Ten Digital Network) Husker Sports Network Sat, Dec 28 Cincinnati-LOSS at Cincinnati, Ohio 3:00 p.m. ESPN2 Husker Sports Network Tue, Dec 31 Iowa *-LOSS at Iowa City, Iowa 6:00 p.m. BTN Husker Sports Network Sat, Jan 04 Ohio State *-LOSS at Columbus, Ohio 11:00 a.m. BTN Husker Sports Network Thu, Jan 09 Michigan *-LOSS Pinnacle Bank Arena 8:00 p.m. ESPN or ESPN2 Husker Sports Network Sun, Jan 12 Purdue *-WIN at West Lafayette, Ind. TBA BTN Husker Sports Network Mon, Jan 20 Ohio State *-LOSS Pinnacle Bank Arena 6:00 p.m. BTN Husker Sports Network Thu, Jan 23 Penn State *-WIN at State College, Pa. 7:00 p.m. ESPNU Husker Sports Network Sun, Jan 26 Minnesota *-WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena 5:00 p.m. BTN Husker Sports Network Thu, Jan 30 Indiana *-LOSS Pinnacle Bank Arena 7:15 p.m. BTN Husker Sports Network Wed, Feb 05 Michigan *-LOSS at Ann Arbor, Mich. 5:30 p.m. BTN Husker Sports Network Sat, Feb 08 Northwestern *-WIN at Evanston, Ill. 12:00 p.m. ESPNU Husker Sports Network Wed, Feb 12 Illinois *-WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena 8:00 p.m. BTN Husker Sports Network Sun, Feb 16 Michigan State *-LOSS at East Lansing, Mich. 2:00 p.m. BTN Husker Sports Network Thu, Feb 20 Penn State *-WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena 6:00 p.m. ESPNU Husker Sports Network Sun, Feb 23 Purdue *-WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena TBA CBS or BTN Husker Sports Network Wed, Feb 26 Illinois-LOSS at Champaign, Ill. 8:00 p.m. BTN Husker Sports Network Sat, Mar 01 Northwestern *-WIN Pinnacle Bank Arena 4:00 p.m. ESPNU Husker Sports Network Wed, Mar 05 Indiana *-LOSS at Bloomington, Ind. 6:00 p.m. BTN Husker Sports Network Sun, Mar 09 Wisconsin *-LOSS Pinnacle Bank Arena TBA BTN Husker Sports Network

So-- I just did a really quick guess... Here is what i cam up with: 17-13(8-10) in Big Ten.

We only had 5 wins last year in the B1G, so it is an improvement.

I expect the Huskers to flirt with a .500 record in the B1G. Finish around the 7-8 seed and make the NIT.

This team has the talent, but i expect it to take a while for the chemistry/maturity to happen.

I think that's a little generous. We won't beat Purdue twice. They basically have their entire team back and we will be lucky not to lose both. I think we win one home game between Illinois and Minnesota. We possibly pull an upset against Wisconsin or MSU. I think we finish with 7-11 In the B1G

DONT SASS ME!

Purdue doesnt scare me.

TIM MILES IS A KING.

Against last year's schedule, perhaps Kent St., UTEP and maybe some combination of Purdue, Illinois and Iowa. 3-4 more wins would have been possible. But a couple other games could have been losses as well.

This year's non-con looks tougher with Florida Gulf Coast, Miami, Creighton and Cincy instead of just Creighton and Oregon as tougher tests. Another loss or two in those games means we'd have to pick up 5-6 more wins in conference to improve very far and that's a tall order right now.

On the other hand, win a couple of those and WHAMO KABLAMO!!! Let's get our dance shoes on'
  • 3 weeks later...

NEBRASKA

The Huskers, of course, open the state-of-the-art Pinnacle Bank Arena this season. With that, they’ll have a new court (picture below), one that includes a MUCH smaller “N” at midcourt and the Nebraska state outline. As for uniforms, there are no changes, however a team spokesman said there could be one alternate (not last year’s “Bleed Out”) and a throwback (again, not last year’s).

http://btn.com/2013/10/30/clothes-call-check-out-these-big-ten-hoops-changes/

Interesting article on changes in how the officials are supposed to call games this year.

While the idea is to get teams to adjust the way they play defense in order to provide better scoring opportunities and create a more exciting game, the fear of many coaches across college basketball - including Nebraska's Tim Miles - is that games could be reduced to free-throw shooting contests and battles of foul attrition as players try to figure out what they can and can't get away with defensively.

"I think that uncertainty is unsettling for everybody: coaches, fans, players, you name it," Miles said. "You just need as much depth as you can have. That's going to be really interesting. We're not a heavy on-the-ball pressure team, but if you come in the lane, things get physical at times. I'm just curious to see where it all ends up."

The new rules changes were a result of college basketball scoring reaching historic lows over the past five years or so. Teams averaged just 67.5 points per game at the Division I level last season, marking the lowest since 1951-52 and a drop in the national average for the fourth consecutive year. It wasn't just problems getting into the lane, either, as the national 3-point shooting average was the lowest it's been since the 3-point line was created in the mid-1980s.

Because officials were calling such few fouls - the lowest number of foul calls in NCAA history, in fact - the game also saw the fewest free-throw attempts since 1976.

Husker Online Free Article

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...