Range Rover vs Bikers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOyDMzn2bY

Riding a motorcycle on the street is dangerous--not so much because of the two-wheeled nature of the motorcycle itself, but because of the lack of protection and the inattention of "cagers"--people in carsicon1.png, trucks, and SUVs. But sometimes riding a motorcycle is dangerous because the riders are stupid.

Here, we have a case of the latter

For unknown reasons, a large group of motorcyclists riding along the highway decide to stop in the middle of a section with no shoulder, entrapping and encircling a black Range Rover. Presumably, the Range Rover driver had done something to anger the motorcyclists--perhaps an instance of inattention.

The driver of the Range Rover, a man, with his wife and young child inside the vehicle, apparently becomes afraid of the mob of bikers and speeds off--crunching over several motorcycles and at least one of the riders. The NYPD tells the Daily Mail that no one was killed, and the only injury appears to be the driver of the Range Rover.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1087292_motorcycles-mob-range-rover-carnage-ensues-video?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MotorAuthority2+(MotorAuthority)

Those bikers got what they deserved, imo.

The last thing any person on a m/c should do is "brake check" a car/truck.

While riding I've had incidences where I was lucky to be attentive when a truck or car attempted to merge into the spot I happened to be occupying. Not sure why they tried it since the motor noise on my choppah set off most car alarms and drowns out all but the loudest car stereos when traveling at 75 down the freeway; but it still happens. But I never had the cajones to attempt to stop a vehicle while riding my m/c to prove my road rage was better than theirs. :D

I did let them know where I thought they should be in the current poll though.IMG00132-20100123-1629.jpg

OMG...where were the friggen cops?

Those motorcyclists should be in f**cking jail.

I say those motorcyclists and Ranger Rover driver should be in f**cking jail. Both breaking the law.

For unknown reasons, a large group of motorcyclists riding along the highway decide to stop in the middle of a section

Unknown reasons? No! The first incident was rear end collision between inattentive (or pissed off) driver and white bike. That is why stopped to investigate this minor accident.

I used to be a motocross racer (Maico, KTM, Yamaha) but I'm scared to death when riding street bike......biker vs. car. I never owned street bike.

I say those motorcyclists and Ranger Rover driver should be in f**cking jail. Both breaking the law.

For unknown reasons, a large group of motorcyclists riding along the highway decide to stop in the middle of a section

Unknown reasons? No! The first incident was rear end collision between inattentive driver and yellow bike. That is why stopped to investigate this minor accident.

I used to be a motocross racer (Maico, KTM) but I'm scared to death when riding street bike......biker vs. car. I never owned street bike.

And the range rover driver??? Really??? are you friggen kidding me?

Do you have some video that we haven't seen on this yet from before this video was made?

• Fire 2

Unknown reasons? No! The first incident was rear end collision between inattentive driver and yellow bike. That is why stopped to investigate this minor accident.

I used to be a motocross racer (Maico, KTM) but I'm scared to death when riding street bike......biker vs. car. I never owned street bike.

And the range rover driver??? Really??? are you friggen kidding me?

Do you have some video that we haven't seen on this yet from before this video was made?

0:27 mark on this video

addem: white bike instead of yellow

Are you friggen kidding me? That is how they stopped the car? He purposely stopped his bike in front of the car to stop him so they could ambush him for some reason.

These bikers are nothing but a bunch of thugs that should be prosecuted to the fullest.

Let me put it this way, if you ride bikes and you come up around me like that, stop me in the middle of the freeway and threaten me with my family in the car.....I will be running over anyone in my way.

• Fire 5

The white bike pulled in front of the SUV and brake checked him, the guy in the SUV was just protecting his family (wife and toddler) and himself.

yeah you're right. Second review on this video changed my mind (0:27 mark). My bad. However I still believe both driver and bikers are guilty (jail time). Run over the bike, and possibly crush the biker? ...... no way.

Something was going on. You can see the bike alongside him peering into the driver's window. In fact, he intentionally moves into the Range Rover's lane while staring over at him, then gets in front of him and essentially slows to a stop while looking back at him. As he moves over into the Range Rover's lane alongside him, you can hear a couple of horn beeps, but there's no way to know if those came from the Range Rover.

But yeah, with that going on, and then everyone stopping around me, I'm going to feel threatened, too. Especially if anyone gets off their bikes. Like I said, those were some bikers that deserved to get run over.

Couple of updates:

http://jalopnik.com/...ns-o-1427168165

UPDATE: Reader 505Turbeaux claims to have been on the road with this group of bikers and reports that they were riding like squids before the video began.

I saw these guys yesterday, the bikers, and what a pack of a$$hole$ they were. Splitting lanes on the highway at speed (70mph between 2 cars), cutting people off. They had me boxed in so I couldn't get out of an exit only lane so they could get off. Not saying they deserve to be hit, but they had it coming.

I had my blinker on and was handsignalling I needed to get out of the exit only lane. everyone kept passing on the left to cut me off in front of the exit, 4-5 of them flipped me off. I tried rolling slow but they had no inkling of how to ride well. I ride myself, and this was just heinous.

UPDATE TWO: The New York Times published an article on the incident and they revealed three new pieces of information.

• The first motorcycle rider hit by the Range Rover got a broken leg (this is the only motorcycle injury the police have information on).
  • The Range Rover driver has been released from the hospital with lacerations to his face and other bruises.
  • The Range Rover driver was not charged by the police.

• Fire 1